Going to the Circus at the Freeman Colliseum

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxSheepdog
Posts in topic: 3

Going to the Circus at the Freeman Colliseum

Post by TxSheepdog »

Not listed on 30.06, and didn't see any posts here on it. Is the location or the event off limits?
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

DONT TREAD ON ME

Re: Going to the Circus at the Freeman Colliseum

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

I cannot remember if the Coliseum is posted or not. I know that the AT&T center is.

However, both are owned by Bexar County and therefore cannot post and legally enforce 30.06.

Here is a thread that has some information on this exact topic topic.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Forgot to add this part...

I would carry as legally they cannot enforce 30.06 and the circus is not an event/place that we are prohibited from carrying under 46.035.

IANAL and this is just my opinion based on my reading of the law.

Topic author
TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

Ok, thanks. I saw the ATT thread when I was searching, but it didn't address Freemans. It's not a school event, or professional sporting event, and not listed on the 30.06 page. Anyone else been there recently?
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SATX-Scrub »

TxSheepdog wrote:Ok, thanks. I saw the ATT thread when I was searching, but it didn't address Freemans. It's not a school event, or professional sporting event, and not listed on the 30.06 page. Anyone else been there recently?
We attended the Sportsman/Hunting expo at the Freeman last weekend, and I'm pretty sure most folks there were eligible for membership in this forum. There were no signs anywhere, and nothing when we entered the parking lots either. This isn't a 'go ahead and carry' explanation, I'm just saying I didn't see anything posted.

Have fun at the Circus!
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

NavAir

Post by NavAir »

Was there in June, for my son's HS graduation - so no carry, posted or not. On the plus side, there were a ton of San Antonio Police officers there...

bobdavis

Post by bobdavis »

I went yesterday and saw nothing - I was looking. I've been there many times for gun shows and they always post, but no posting for the circus. Keep in mind, that there are lots of "bump frisk' opportunities and little kids running around, so be mindful of your cover!

I was looking for this thread before I went and couldn't find it! I think I either did a bad search or it popped up after I went.

Fun circus!

bob
05.09.2009 : CHL Course Completed (http://www.lonestarhandgun.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
05.11.2009 : Paperwork Mailed
05.12.2009 : Paperwork Received
05.18.2009 : DPS Cashed Check
06.18.2009 : PIN received
09.03.2009 : Application Approved
09.09.2009 : In Hand

Topic author
TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

Just got back a few hours ago. No posted. Plenty of PD from various agencies there.

They do have a tiny sign posted between the doors that says No Handguns, and a bunch of smaller print below that I didn't stop to read. The whole sign was smaller than a sheet of paper, so I ignored it.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

TxSheepdog wrote: The whole sign was smaller than a sheet of paper, so I ignored it.
:clapping:

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”