I.C.E. Agent

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 2

I.C.E. Agent

Post by howdy »

The local Houston NBC news just reported that a cleaning crew found a handgun in a bathroom in the secure area of Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport. An I.C.E. Agent says he left the gun in the bathroom....more to come.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
howdy

Re: I.C.E. Agent

Post by howdy »

link to above story

http://www.click2houston.com/news/28553197/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

How often do you hear about CHLers leaving their gun someplace. In Austin we had a APD officer leave his gun ON A PLAYSCAPE and every so often we hear something like this. Just saying...
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

A chl holder left his gun in a hotel a while back.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I heard a loud clack and something go sliding across the floor at the airport in DFW once, it was an air marshal's loaded mag he dropped. No one else seemed to notice. He scurried pretty quick to pick it up.

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

I heard about it this morning.

I'm sure he/she was just going #2 and put it on the shelf behind the toilet, then walked out without the pistol.

Wondering what are your thoughts on what sure happen to the agent? This was in the secure area of terminal E.
Jim
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

There is no excuse! I hope there are some sort of criminal charges for him to face.
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

texanron

Post by texanron »

The unemployment line today should have a former ICE agent whose must recent post was at the big airport in Houston waiting in it.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

texanron wrote:The unemployment line today should have a former ICE agent whose must recent post was at the big airport in Houston waiting in it.
I'm thinking the same, I was suprised that HPD just gave them the pistol back after showing ID. Everyone makes mistakes but the outcome could have been severe.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

texanron wrote:The unemployment line today should have a former ICE agent whose must recent post was at the big airport in Houston waiting in it.
In the bathroom in the secure area of Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport?

Not in the unemployment line but wearing a orange jumpsuit and getting a full body cavity search. That's probably what would be happening to someone that was not a LEO. Again there is NO EXCUSE for this!!!!! :rules: :nono: :mad5
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

While we are all angered at the stupidity of things like this, when I see people claim he should be charged, i have to ask what law he broke? If a CHL could legally have the gun where the ICE agent did and forgot it in the bathroom, what charges would you bring against him?

And I would venture to point out that this is not the end of it. I know of no criminal charges for this offense (I could be wrong of course). But I have a lot of confidence that his IA will be taking some sort of action against his job for this. Whether it is a suspension or termination, I don't know (but I would bet on just a suspension). And we need to keep that in mind too. A CHL is clear if there are no charges filed but an officer has to worry about the job action also.

I am not complaining about this, that is the system, we knew it when we started the job, and it seems fair to me to have the additional threat for job related actions. I just wanted everyone to remember it when they start yelling for someone's head to roll.
Steve Rothstein

AEA

Post by AEA »

srothstein wrote:If a CHL could legally have the gun where the ICE agent did and forgot it in the bathroom, what charges would you bring against him?
How about failure to conceal?
How about failure to control?

I'm not saying that the CHL would be convicted, but in reality I think an overzealous Cop could come up with all sorts of "charges" for the CHL to "take the ride".
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

hawk44

Post by hawk44 »

mho
he misplaced a tool. Just like others of us have done (screw drive, wrench, pen, etc.). That id
s a tool of his trade and although it is not something to lose it happens. I would not think he would walk away from this with out any penalties but I would hate to think I would be job hunting the next day because I left a screw driver laying on the job site.

The Mad Moderate

Post by The Mad Moderate »

hawk44 wrote:mho
he misplaced a tool. Just like others of us have done (screw drive, wrench, pen, etc.). That id
s a tool of his trade and although it is not something to lose it happens. I would not think he would walk away from this with out any penalties but I would hate to think I would be job hunting the next day because I left a screw driver laying on the job site.
A screwdriver and a loaded .40 are NOT the same thing if a kid finds one he may poke his eye out, if he finds thee other, well use your imagination. It should be punished because it is VERY dangerous.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

terryg

Post by terryg »

Forgive me ... But what is an ICE agent?
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”