Amon Carter Museum 30.06?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Revet
Posts in topic: 1

Amon Carter Museum 30.06?

Post by Revet »

Can anyone tell me if the Amon Carter Museum in FW is posted 30.06?

Thanks
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

kgdotcom

Re: Amon Carter Museum 30.06?

Post by kgdotcom »

Yes they are :rules: IDK y, I thought is is owned by the city?
Colt Defender Crossbreed Supertuck/ 5.11 Tactical Undershirt
XDm .40

NRA Member

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

kgdotcom wrote:Yes they are :rules: IDK y, I thought is is owned by the city?
Based on the information on their site it does not appear that they are owned by the city. Looks like land was purchased and building was accomplished through an endowment by Amon Carter.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

jmra wrote:
Based on the information on their site it does not appear that they are owned by the city. Looks like land was purchased and building was accomplished through an endowment by Amon Carter.
Don't know...I can't find anything on the appraisal district that shows "real property" at 3501 Camp Bowie...only 3500 Camp Bowie, which is owned by the "State of Texas". Might be that the museum contents are owned by the foundation, but the property is owend by the State.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

ScottDLS wrote:
jmra wrote:
Don't know...I can't find anything on the appraisal district that shows "real property" at 3501 Camp Bowie...only 3500 Camp Bowie, which is owned by the "State of Texas". Might be that the museum contents are owned by the foundation, but the property is owend by the State.
According to Amon Carter Museums 2009 financial report they are a non profit organization with over $39 million in assets excluding the art collection. I would be willing to bet most of those assets are related to the physical structure where the museum is located (3501 Camp Bowie).

3500 Camp Bowie is a completely separate location (on the opposite side of Camp David) which houses EECU, University of Texas Health Science Center, and DNA IDENTITY LABORATORY.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

glocklvr

Post by glocklvr »

If I am not mistaken the museum is in the same complex as the AA flight academy and American Eagle operations which as an employee of AMR makes CHL off limits to me in that area anyway since company policy prohibits employees from carrying guns into their facilities.
It is easier to get an airport security clearance than a CHL

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”