Online application completed-question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Scott_Ren
Posts in topic: 2

Online application completed-question

Post by Scott_Ren »

I have completed the course and just completed my online application for the CHL.

On the application, I fully disclosed an arrest I had in 1990 while in college for stealing a street sign. I have copies of the arrest reports, as well as copies from the courts saying the arrest record was found, but no charges can be found (records were expunged).

On my receipt for the CHL license, the list of documents I need to send in includes one called:

"Supporting documentation for condition"

Are they asking for the documentation about that arrest? If so, I'll send them copies of everything I have, but wanted to ask here to see if anyone knew.

Thanks in advance, and great forum. Have been lurking for a while.

Scott

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Online application completed-question

Post by KC5AV »

That's all they are asking for. As long as you have certified copies from the jurisdiction, you should be good to go.
Congrats on completing the course, and welcome to the forum.
NRA lifetime member

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crossfire »

The "Supporting Documents for Condition" could mean you applied for one of the discounts, and they need documents to prove you meet the requirement.

For veterans, that would be a DD-214. For active duty military, a copy of military ID and LES.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
Scott_Ren
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott_Ren »

Crossfire wrote:The "Supporting Documents for Condition" could mean you applied for one of the discounts, and they need documents to prove you meet the requirement.

For veterans, that would be a DD-214. For active duty military, a copy of military ID and LES.
I am former military and qualified for the discount, however, the checklist clearly asked for a copy of the DD-214 on a separate line.

Thanks!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”