CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 5

Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

Post by pbwalker »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.
Here we go... :banghead:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

BrianSW99
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

Post by BrianSW99 »

Hundreds of bullets in less than a minute with a Glock 19? Hmm...

LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

“The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute,” said Quigley. “

I was wondering how long it was giong to take before some politician was going to exploit the unfortunate situation. Since this guy legally purchased his weapon from a sporting goods store, how does this relate to restriciting gun show sales??
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

This is even worse.
Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.
Imagine the irony of this. Rep. Giffords just read the First Amendment on the floor of the House three or four days ago, and now this bozo wants to pass an unconstitutional law that restricts speech. We have got to get the people of this country to understand that they cannot elect idiots like this. They are destroying this country.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

such bills would be shot quickly. Would not pass the house. Why not ban booze so one can stop some 30,000 DWI murders each year? Dont we the people deserve some protection on the roads?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Beiruty wrote:Why not ban booze so one can stop some 30,000 DWI murders each year?
They did that once already. Don't give MADD any more ideas! ;-)
Last edited by LongHairedRedneck on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

In 2004, the democrats used bullseyes on their political maps to indicate republicans they wanted to take down.... But that was OK. :roll:

But when a republican uses crosshairs instead of bullseyes, that's dangerous and irresponsible. Please. :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

glock75

Post by glock75 »

Carolyn McCarthy doesn't have to ready a bill. She already had the bill in her desk waiting for the opportunity to file it.
NRA, DPS and Rangemaster Certified Firearms Instructor
RWDefense.com

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Remember the Liberal mantra: never waste a crisis.

It is unspeakable that this tragic event has become fodder for those with an agenda. The poor victims haven't even been buried and these partisans are trying to make political hay over their graves.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 11

Post by RPB »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=41058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=39864&p=493675#p493675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

A-R
Posts in topic: 4

Post by A-R »

The Annoyed Man wrote:In 2004, the democrats used bullseyes on their political maps to indicate republicans they wanted to take down.... But that was OK. :roll:

But when a republican uses crosshairs instead of bullseyes, that's dangerous and irresponsible. Please. :roll:
Do you have a reference to the Dems' 2004 map? I'd love to use it in some Facebook tit-for-tats I'm engaged in.

glocklvr

Post by glocklvr »

baldeagle wrote:This is even worse.
Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress.
Imagine the irony of this. Rep. Giffords just read the First Amendment on the floor of the House three or four days ago, and now this bozo wants to pass an unconstitutional law that restricts speech. We have got to get the people of this country to understand that they cannot elect idiots like this. They are destroying this country.

As the sticker on my tool box at work says "The constitution why amend it when you can ignore it"

With the same logic the liberals use lets ban cars and airplanes they kill many more innocent people than guns every year.

It is time for the liberals to start blaming the person not the tool for these unspeakable acts and punish the individuals to the fullest extent of the law rather than removing a useful tool from those of who choose to use and posess them legally and peacefully.
It is easier to get an airport security clearance than a CHL

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

austinrealtor wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:In 2004, the democrats used bullseyes on their political maps to indicate republicans they wanted to take down.... But that was OK. :roll:

Do you have a reference to the Dems' 2004 map? I'd love to use it in some Facebook tit-for-tats I'm engaged in.
http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Griffen

Post by Griffen »

Since this lady lost her husband in a shooting incident, I'm surprised she's not more of an advocate for carrying defensively. I don't understand why she wants to create more gun-free zones to allow an incident like that to happen to other innocent victims. I just don't understand the logic behind her motivation. I have to believe theres another alternate agenda item behind her thinking. :shock:
Lifetime NRA Member
Member Texas Firearms Coalition

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

Griffen wrote:Since this lady lost her husband in a shooting incident, I'm surprised she's not more of an advocate for carrying defensively. I don't understand why she wants to create more gun-free zones to allow an incident like that to happen to other innocent victims. I just don't understand the logic behind her motivation. I have to believe theres another alternate agenda item behind her thinking. :shock:
New York City arguably caused her husband's death by denying him and the others the right to carry a gun and the ability to defend themselves from attack.

She, Chuckie, Mikey et al won't accept that NYC's existing laws did not prevent the madman from shooting up the subway.

It's their city, they can run it however their electorate allows. Me, I won't be going there.
Last edited by Oldgringo on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”