houston raceway park

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bevans
Posts in topic: 2

houston raceway park

Post by bevans »

went to hrp wed. nite and just out of curiosity i asked how they feel about people with chl carrying on premisis . got a generic well if you got a lic. whats to stop you, i wondered if they had signs posted and found one by the snack bar.while we were looking around somebody stole the remove before flight pin off our vette so we returned to find our chute on the ground. the things i will do to fight the waiting boredom till my plastic comes. also i am trying to find out from houston autorama if they are going to post signs being as how i am showing a car and when you pack up sunday nite the george r brown isnt the safest place .

IcheeWaWa
Posts in topic: 1

Post by IcheeWaWa »

I live about 5 minutes from HRP and I do carry out there unless it's an NHRA event. My guess is that NHRA falls under the "professional" category. There is a dinky little sign on the pit side where you buy your ticket, but it's not 30.06.

Replaced Texan

Post by Replaced Texan »

If it were me, I don't think I'd be asking anybody there (or anywhere in Texas for that matter) about any kind of signage....
Replaced Texan

Carry Permits: TX, FL, WA.

In the Land of the Free Because of the Brave

AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

I agree with Replaced Texan...you will only give them ideas about posting if they haven't thought about it, you will not sway them into thinking CHLs are OK guys and gals who should be allowed to carry there.

Popshot

Post by Popshot »

The responsibility to notify a person with a CHL that they may not carry is clearly with the owner of the property. The method of notification is a sign identical to a 30.06 as listed in the law. If a proper sign is posted that meets 30.06, then you may not carry into that property.

In short, you do not ask - you keep your CHL and your handgun concealed. The property owner must tell you that your handgun is not welcome.
Gun control = hitting where you aim

Topic author
bevans
Posts in topic: 2

the person i asked

Post by bevans »

just to clarify the person i asked was an employee of hrp but also a relative of my spouse ,he has a chl so it is not like i went to the management and started anything so if i upset some of ya'll i am sorry

barres

Re: houston raceway park

Post by barres »

bevans wrote:also i am trying to find out from houston autorama if they are going to post signs being as how i am showing a car and when you pack up sunday nite the george r brown isnt the safest place .
The GRB is owned by the City of Houston, which means that a 30.06 sign wouldn't be valid if they did post it.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

shootthesheet

bevans

Post by shootthesheet »

Bevans I don't think you offended anyone. I am sure most of us have discouraged people from contacting anyone to ask them if they are going to post signs at one time or another. I know every time I hear it I have the overwhelming desire to shout, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" just because I know that most people don't have a clue about sign posting. I don't want to help them hurt their own business or our ability to carry there.

The only restriction is on professional events in that case. If it is city property they can't post but pro events are still off limits. The previous poster is correct.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”