70+
3%

Total votes: 188

Topic author
getamap
Posts in topic: 3

CHL Holder age?

Post by getamap »

I am curious what age group the CHL holders in this forum fit in? Is there any official data on age distribution?

Also, I want to find out if anyone feels that any certain age group has specific challenges they must face that are directly related to their age? (eg. being young or quite old)
-Mike

seamusTX

Re: CHL Holder age?

Post by seamusTX »

Sure: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... Issued.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New licenses issued fall mainly into the 40 to 60-year-old range, but the distribution is fairly flat.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

cougartex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cougartex »

54 years old, no specific challenges at this time.

:txflag:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

In the 20s group. I think our age groups challenge is still having friends that like to do dumb things with dumb people at dumb times. I don't any more, but hey its more a challenge for us than the 60s group I'd bet.
TANSTAAFL

USA1

Post by USA1 »

43 here...It's the new 33 :mrgreen:
Last edited by USA1 on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxDrifter »

74novaman wrote:In the 20s group. I think our age groups challenge is still having friends that like to do dumb things with dumb people at dumb times. I don't any more, but hey its more a challenge for us than the 60s group I'd bet.
:iagree:

I know in my twenties, I was always the designated driver, but that usually meant driving out to pick all of them up from the bar. I was in the military then and we were typically more responsible and less apt to do "stupid" stuff than others our age on a general basis because we got into a LOT more trouble.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Topic author
getamap

Post by getamap »

seamusTX wrote:Sure: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... Issued.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks! That fit the bill!
TxDrifter wrote:
74novaman wrote:In the 20s group. I think our age groups challenge is still having friends that like to do dumb things with dumb people at dumb times. I don't any more, but hey its more a challenge for us than the 60s group I'd bet.
:iagree:

I know in my twenties, I was always the designated driver, but that usually meant driving out to pick all of them up from the bar. I was in the military then and we were typically more responsible and less apt to do "stupid" stuff than others our age on a general basis because we got into a LOT more trouble.
This seems like the general consensus from others I've talked to who also have their CHL and are in the 20's range. I got mine when I was 21 and I was the youngest person in the class by at least 20 years! Felt kinda funny but it is understandable I guess.
-Mike

Kiowa Scout

Post by Kiowa Scout »

I'm 34 and have 3 children under the age of 5. My biggest challenge has been making sure they don't know I'm carrying. I'm not afraid of them trying access my weapon; I'm afraid they would say something like "Daddy's got a gun" at the wrong time. My girls are not afraid of guns, nor do they mess with them. I have trained them from the time they were old enough to understand, to leave them alone.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

TexDotCom

Post by TexDotCom »

I am 30 (until next month) with a son who will be 10 in about three weeks. He and I purchased his first firearm (Marlin .22 rifle) a couple of weeks ago at the Mesquite Gun Show and he had his first range visit that day at TargetMasters in Garland. He's my "print checker", too, if he's out w/ me when I'm carrying. Between video games, tv/movies, and the not-so-knowledgeable things his friends say & do, I have been really concerned with giving him a solid, truthful understanding of and respect for firearms. So...in about 11 yrs he'll be on this board checking the box for the 20s group. :cool:

:txflag:

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=34138 :tiphat:

I'm 23, and yes, I'm surrounded by idiots. :grumble
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Texas Size 11

Post by Texas Size 11 »

Kiowa Scout wrote:I'm 34 and have 3 children under the age of 5. My biggest challenge has been making sure they don't know I'm carrying. I'm not afraid of them trying access my weapon; I'm afraid they would say something like "Daddy's got a gun" at the wrong time. My girls are not afraid of guns, nor do they mess with them. I have trained them from the time they were old enough to understand, to leave them alone.
37 and I have the same issue. My oldest is 12 and she has a big mouth (sometimes unitentionally).
Never pet a burning dog...

Project7Studios

Post by Project7Studios »

This seems like the general consensus from others I've talked to who also have their CHL and are in the 20's range. I got mine when I was 21 and I was the youngest person in the class by at least 20 years! Felt kinda funny but it is understandable I guess.
Same here. I was in my 20's ( still am ) and I was definitely the youngest there by at least half of everyone's age. :cheers2:

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Texas Size 11 wrote:My oldest is 12 and she [talks].
By the time I was 12, I had received a stern talking-to about what could be discussed outside the house and what could not. It stuck.

- Jim

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

seamusTX wrote:
By the time I was 12, I had received a stern talking-to about what could be discussed outside the house and what could not. It stuck.

- Jim
That was then and this is now...alas. I too remember when parents, and teachers, were a force to be reckoned with.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Oldgringo wrote:
seamusTX wrote:
By the time I was 12, I had received a stern talking-to about what could be discussed outside the house and what could not. It stuck. - Jim
That was then and this is now...alas. I too remember when parents, and teachers, were a force to be reckoned with.
I think I got the same talk when I was 8 years old. Of course, I was precocious. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”