Dallas Zoo

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
pdubyoo
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas Zoo

Post by pdubyoo »

Control yourself...I'm not asking if the Dallas Zoo is posted 30.06.

As a matter of fact, I'm posting to tell you that the Dallas Zoo is not posted 30.06. I took the family there on Monday this week, and I searched high and low for a 30.06 sign, and nothing. I spent a good 15-20 minutes at the entrance when I was leaving (waiting on all my girls in the RR), and I looked everywhere, and it's not there. :shock: So, carry on Garth, carry on! :mrgreen:
Nov. 2010...Check!
Nov. 2012...Don't Give Up!
Jan. 2013...True Change!

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Dallas Zoo

Post by wgoforth »

Unless it is recently changed, there is a freestanding, ugly looking sign just inside the main entrance on the left. You have to go inside to see it. Now, if still city owned, you can carry regardless.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
pdubyoo

Post by pdubyoo »

wgoforth wrote:Unless it is recently changed, there is a freestanding, ugly looking sign just inside the main entrance on the left. You have to go inside to see it. Now, if still city owned, you can carry regardless.
I swear it wasn't there. I looked everywhere, and to my knowledge, I don't need glasses yet. I'll be really embarrassed if I completely overlooked it. :oops: But I don't think I did. In any case, IF there is a sign, I can assure you it is not conspicuous.
Nov. 2010...Check!
Nov. 2012...Don't Give Up!
Jan. 2013...True Change!

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dragonfighter »

There used to be a weirdly worded sign with the same language as all the other city buildings. A memo from the city attorney shortly after the law about government entities changed mandated removal. It took a couple of years to get 'em all but I think they may have most of 'em.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Rex B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rex B »

wgoforth wrote:Unless it is recently changed, there is a freestanding, ugly looking sign just inside the main entrance on the left. You have to go inside to see it. Now, if still city owned, you can carry regardless.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Fort Worth?
That is the exact description of their sign.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Rex B wrote:
That's what I was thinking too Rex. In fact, there's a picture of it....somewhere on this forum. it was a thread back in Sept. or Oct. IIRC.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Rex B wrote:
I couldn't promise you that an ant couldn't eat a bale of hay.... BUT, I have a free pass to the Dallas Zoo (visiting relatives who are incarcerated in the zoo :lol: ) that isn't accepted by the Ft Worth zoo... so, I ~could~ be thinking of when I went to Ft Worth several years back. How bout someone from the forum call the Dallas zoo and ask? :evil2:
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

here's that earlier discussion, with pic of sign:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... oo#p335890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Rex B wrote:here's that earlier discussion, with pic of sign:

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... oo#p335890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks! :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Blinking Dog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Blinking Dog »

pdubyoo wrote:Control yourself...I'm not asking if the Dallas Zoo is posted 30.06.

As a matter of fact, I'm posting to tell you that the Dallas Zoo is not posted 30.06. I took the family there on Monday this week, and I searched high and low for a 30.06 sign, and nothing. I spent a good 15-20 minutes at the entrance when I was leaving (waiting on all my girls in the RR), and I looked everywhere, and it's not there. :shock: So, carry on Garth, carry on! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about taking my kids tomorrow and had wondered. Considering all the animals that have gotten loose there, I planned on packing anyway. :fire

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

So, what caliber is appropriate for gorillas? :biggrinjester:
-----------

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Ahh, glad you posted the link. No, the sign I saw at the Dallas zoo was a freestanding, sandwich type sign. It has been about a year and a half since we went. Once inside main gate, it was on the left and was a wooden one. if that is no longer there, I will certainly rejoice. I wasn't even a chl last time I went to the Ft Worth zoo, so I don't think I would have even noticed that back then.
FWIW.... you can get a family membership at the Abilene Zoo, and the Dallas zoo will let you in with it. Since a family membership at Abilene is only $45, one or two trips to the Dallas zoo with your family would pay for itself. You can buy the Abilene membership through the mail, just give them a call and they will send you the forms. Many other Zoos and parks allow you in or give you a discount with the card.
NRA Life Member

Keith

Post by Keith »

I was just there 3 days ago. There is a 30.06 sign at the members only booth off to the right of the entrance but it's not the correct sign. It's green with white letters but no Spanish one, too small, not easily seen. The words are correct but it's clearly not official. It's sitting in the members booth leaning against the glass .
When the bullet leaves
You can't bring it back

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

Keith wrote:I was just there 3 days ago. There is a 30.06 sign at the members only booth off to the right of the entrance but it's not the correct sign. It's green with white letters but no Spanish one, too small, not easily seen. The words are correct but it's clearly not official. It's sitting in the members booth leaning against the glass .
Ok, that would explain why we saw one as we would have gone through the members booth with the abilene card.
Thanks for the report!
NRA Life Member

texas1234

Post by texas1234 »

The Dallas area is the only place in America where you cant buy beer at some of the convenience stores but could score crack rock in a matter of minutes. I hate the Dallas area.
6th Generation Texan

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”