Home Invasion Getting Popular

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Sarge
Posts in topic: 1

Home Invasion Getting Popular

Post by The Sarge »

Man this is getting out of control around here....
http://www.kens5.com/latestnews/stories ... c2665.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Home Invasion Getting Popular

Post by joe817 »

3 home invasions in 2 weeks? Makes me wonder if there's a new street gang in town.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

CLTX11

Post by CLTX11 »

Just heard one go out on the scanners here in Fort Worth a couple of hours ago

CDH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CDH »

2 out of the three invasions resulted in perps being shot by the homeowner/resident. While 3 out of 3 would be nice, batting .666 (sic) is not bad. :thumbs2:
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

joe817
Posts in topic: 3

Post by joe817 »

CDH wrote:2 out of the three invasions resulted in perps being shot by the homeowner/resident. While 3 out of 3 would be nice, batting .666 (sic) is not bad. :thumbs2:
:iagree:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Above is correct. Probably will not stop the HIs but they will learn to come in harder. :fire :fire
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

LongHairedRedneck

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

I know how to make it un-poopular if they try that around my house :fire
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

FamCounselor

Post by FamCounselor »

We had that problem here in Corpus for a while- probably still do have the problem but I think the news has stopped running the stories. Home invasions were happening every couple of days and at about 6:30 AM for some strange reason. It is sad because now we come home and close our solid wood door and dead bolt it when we used to keep it open so natural light would come in through the glass storm door and also we have GOOD neighbors that stop by- you know the kind that knock once and stick their head in the door and say they are coming in? We live in a pradominatley retired community and have felt real safe for years. Now we are getting graffiti and loose dogs, etc. The worst person that moved into our neighborhood recently has been a security guard- my kids call him "mall cop". He frequently walks up and down the street with a pit-bull seriously dragging him and he tells kids that are throwing the ball in the street to "get out of the street and go play somewhere else" because he "does not want his dog to get loose and hurt somebody". I have found my self feeling like I need to carry in my own front yard.

It is a crying shame that my kids are growing up in this world with idiots running around and generally they dont get what they deserve. I would put a hole through a person that I could drive my truck through without thinking about it if I ever catch someone in my home or if someone ever does anything to one of my children. That poor family in Florida now has to deal with the thought of their 7 year old daughter being killed and who knows what before she was dummped in a dumpster. That person has lost all his rights in my mind and should be hung in public before the sun sets on the day they find him- dont wait years for him to appeal. :bigmouth There my gripe session is over- thanks for listening!

karder

Post by karder »

Not to get off topic, but I want to echo what Famcounselor is saying. These unprovoked crimes, especially against children and women should be dealt with publicly. If you kidnap and murder a 7 year old, you should be executed publicly. Let everyone see the consequences. As far as the home invasions, if homeowners start shooting these people, the crimes will diminish. Our society demonizes people who arm themselves to such a point that there is a large segment of the population who does not even know the basic fundamentals of self-defense and protection. As a result, kicking in someone's door, roughing up the family, and stealing their property is becoming a fairly safe crime for the perpetrators. The only way to change the criminal's perception is to put a few of them into the ground. What about that couple in Florida who were shot in their home by that gang of 7? They had a quarter of a million dollar camera system which was crucial in capturing the guys AFTER they had been murdered. If it had been me, I would have passed on the camera system, bought a Mossberg 500 and kept the change!
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

81aggie

Post by 81aggie »

This is one of the reasons I decided to go ahead and get my CHL, not that I'd need it to carry in my house. I live in a nice area of town, but we've had an increase in burglaries and people who don't live here wandering around the neighborhood. There was a guy who tried getting into a house a few days ago while the owner was home (unsuccessful, ran off and not found yet) and a couple of burglaries while people were out in their yards. These criminals are getting brazen and I just think for my and my family's sake I need to do what I can to get an advantage.

81aggie

Post by 81aggie »

deleted-double post
Last edited by 81aggie on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I also feel extremely sorry for the little girls sister. They were apparently arguing and that's why the 7y old ran ahead. She's going to need some therapy big time.

Back on topic.
We would love to get 5-10 or more acres, fence it so the dogs could run the property. Of course, I'd poison proof them. It would be great to not have to lock the doors every time I left the house or at night. I probably still would, but I wouldn't be so fanatical about it. I could also set up my own little private range. Maybe after the kid is done with school ...

BTW, on the why we carry subject ... my 7y little girl!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CDH

Post by CDH »

FamCounselor wrote:We had that problem here in Corpus for a while-
I live in one of our nicer neighborhoods in Corpus, but all those home invasions were what pushed me over the edge and into a CHL class early this year.

It goes into my pocket when I get up in the morning and doesn't leave my person (except for shower time) until i go to bed at night...so yea, I guess I even carry in my front yard, my living room, on my toilet, etc.

Most are probably an easier target in your home than on the street because they let their guard down.
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

I usually have mine on me all the time
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Familyman1993

Post by Familyman1993 »

These Home Invasions are starting to spread more and more. I’m not convinced that it is going to be reduced by a significant amount any time soon. Part of me feels that the direction this country is going towards after the election of Obama “The Anointed One” we are going to see a steady rise of these and other crimes.

More and more people are drinking the Kool-Aid and buying into the “no responsibility” attitude of “if it feels good, just do it”. Our court systems have become weak in dispensing proper punishment for serious, and sometimes heinous, crimes. I feel it’s because of this that the criminal “element” is becoming more brazing knowing that the courts will be lenient with them if they are caught.

As has been said here previously, it will take more and more armed homeowners exercising their right to defend themselves and their home by sending more home invaders back out in body bags before this will change.
"Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, 1785 - Letter to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr
Ruger P97 -.45, Ruger P95 - 9mm, Remington 870 - 12GA
TX CHL, NRA, TSRA

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”