Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
45nut
Posts in topic: 5

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

Post by 45nut »

I just came back from the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine today and I am sad to say they have added a 30.06 sign. My family and I went there last summer and I did not see one then but as of 09-04-2009 it is posted at the front door. I am going to contact the management and let them know that this was my family's last visit.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

Post by Kevinf2349 »

How ironic that right above it in the top right hand corner it says..."Access for all" :headscratch
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Every time I see that sign I just can't help but thinking about how ignorant the pablum puker that decided to post it must be. To put up a sign telling the most law abiding citizens in our community that they are not welcomed is just nothing short of mind boggling.

mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mikeintexas »

Have you reported it on http://www.texas3006.com/index.php? Or has someone already? :txflag:

Wisewr

Post by Wisewr »

Just to reiterate and quote another source, in the video from the thread titled "Police not happy with relazation of CHL law," there was this statment by a Senator; “Statistics have proven that people that have the concealed handgun license are our most law-abiding citizens,” said State Rep. Lois Kolkhorst, R-Brenham, who sponsored the legislation. “We felt like losing your license for a year was a bit too punitive and also a double standard for what the current laws were on the books.” Notice that she didn't use phrases like "are usually", "are most of the time", or "should be." I agree with 03LightingRocks that these people who post these signs are the ones who have the real problem.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I was there this past spring at a business function, and we entered through their conference center, which is around behind the main hotel building. There was no 30.06 posting at that time, and I carried into the meeting.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I wanted to let you know that I have seen your sign and I will follow your wishes by never doing business with you while I am lawfully carrying a concealed handgun under Section 30.06 of the Texas Penal Code. Since I always lawfully carry, then it follows that I cannot do business with you.

By denying Concealed Handgun Licensees the right to carry, you are not providing safety for any of your customers, you are merely establishing a "gun free zone" which criminals will know is a target rich environment where they can ignore the law and rules without fear that an armed law abiding citizen might interrupt their nefarious activities.

Concealed handgun licensees are among the most law abiding citizens in our state. We have been investigated by both the state and federal government, we have never been convicted of any felony and have no misdemeanor convictions in the last ten years. We have gone through training at personal expense in order to obtain our licenses. We resent the implication that we would be unsafe in your facility.

For these reasons, I, and my family, and numerous friends and acquaintences will never feel safe in your facility, wondering when some lunatic will do like one did in Luby's without the chance that a Jeanne Assam will even have a minimal chance of stopping him.

No Guns = No Money

From me and anyone I can influence.

Jim Longley

Anyone else is welcome to send the same.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
45nut

Post by 45nut »

mikeintexas wrote:Have you reported it on http://www.texas3006.com/index.php? Or has someone already? :txflag:
Yes I reported it but it has not been added yet.

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kevinf2349 »

:clapping: :iagree:
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

Topic author
45nut

Post by 45nut »

I sent a letter off tonight but I have to admit that your is much more eloquent.
jimlongley wrote:I wanted to let you know that I have seen your sign and I will follow your wishes by never doing business with you while I am lawfully carrying a concealed handgun under Section 30.06 of the Texas Penal Code. Since I always lawfully carry, then it follows that I cannot do business with you.

By denying Concealed Handgun Licensees the right to carry, you are not providing safety for any of your customers, you are merely establishing a "gun free zone" which criminals will know is a target rich environment where they can ignore the law and rules without fear that an armed law abiding citizen might interrupt their nefarious activities.

Concealed handgun licensees are among the most law abiding citizens in our state. We have been investigated by both the state and federal government, we have never been convicted of any felony and have no misdemeanor convictions in the last ten years. We have gone through training at personal expense in order to obtain our licenses. We resent the implication that we would be unsafe in your facility.

For these reasons, I, and my family, and numerous friends and acquaintences will never feel safe in your facility, wondering when some lunatic will do like one did in Luby's without the chance that a Jeanne Assam will even have a minimal chance of stopping him.

No Guns = No Money

From me and anyone I can influence.

Jim Longley

Anyone else is welcome to send the same.

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

I just used your letter to send to GWL, Jim. Let's see if we get any response. :txflag:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Let me enlighten those of you here on the forum who are not aware of the
situation at the Great Wolf Lodge, due to your geographical distance from this site.

Great Wolf Lodge's facilities are attached to the Grapevine site of Bass Pro Shops, a large
store full of outdoor gear including rifles, shotguns, handguns, and ammo. I shoot at the
Bass Pro indoor range, which is approximately a 30 second walk to the door of Great Wolf's
restaurant.

This is quite the unnecessary "Point/Counterpoint" situation.

Law abiding firearms enthusiasts on one side of a glass door are then assumed to be trouble-
makers if they go through the glass door to have a meal?? Ridiculous.

SIA
Last edited by surprise_i'm_armed on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

SIA, that is an Embassy Suites that is attached to Uncle Buck's Brewery and the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World. The Great Wolf Lodge is a couple of miles southwest of BPS on past the entrance to Gaylord Texan.

Topic author
45nut

Post by 45nut »

Great Wolf Lodge is 2 or 3 miles from Bass Pro Shops.

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:Let me enlighten those of you here on the forum who are not aware of the
situation at the Great Wolf Lodge, due to your geographical distance from this site.

Great Wolf Lodge's facilities are attached to the Grapevine site of Bass Pro Shops, a large
store full of outdoor gear including rifles, shotguns, handguns, and ammo. I shoot at the
Bass Pro indoor range, which is approximately a 30 second walk to the door of Great Wolf's
restaurant.

This is quite the unnecessary "Point/Counterpoint" situation.

Law abiding firearms enthusiasts on one side of a glass door are then assumed to be trouble-
makers if they go through the glass door to have a meal?? Ridiculous.

SIA

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 2
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

mikeintexas and 45nut

Well, I certainly stand corrected. I thought the place next to BAss Pro with the
high Cathedral ceilings was Great Wolf Lodge.

As Emily Lattella on Saturday Night Live used to say "Never mind".

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”