Has anyone had a conviction Expunged? How?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cvl
Posts in topic: 1

Has anyone had a conviction Expunged? How?

Post by cvl »

I have a Class C Misdemeanor fighting in public that was dismissed in 2005 after deferred adjudication. Anyone know where I should start on getting this done, if it can be done? About how much does this cost? How long it takes?

I will have to try and ask the courthouse. And find a lawyer? Thanks!

OnTheMark

Re: Has anyone had a conviction Expunged? How?

Post by OnTheMark »

By the time it will take to get the expunction, more than likely you will have been eligible (5 years from the date of the conviction),
not to mention the $$. My advice as it is free is to save your money and wait.
OnTheMark
http://www.onthemarkchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caldvn

Post by caldvn »

cvl wrote:I have a Class C Misdemeanor fighting in public that was dismissed in 2005 after deferred adjudication. Anyone know where I should start on getting this done, if it can be done? About how much does this cost? How long it takes?

I will have to try and ask the courthouse. And find a lawyer? Thanks!
FYI, there's a website dedicated w/forums in regards to deferred adjudication in Texas. The gist of it is, it cannot be expunged, ever, currently, unless a bill gets passed.
If my posts sounds like I got a monkey on my back... it's actually a gorilla. Just don't get offended. :)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

cvl wrote:I have a Class C Misdemeanor fighting in public that was dismissed in 2005 after deferred adjudication. Anyone know where I should start on getting this done, if it can be done? About how much does this cost? How long it takes?
Find a criminal lawyer who specializes in expunctions. Even if it won't affect your CHL status it still might be a beneficial thing to do for future employment, security clearances, etc. I would imagine that it wouldn't cost too much and you probably would not even have to take time off to appear in court. As "OnThe Mark" implied, it isn't going to be a fast process, but the sooner you get started, the sooner it will be finished. It may also mean that you can pay your attorney as you go through the process. If you can't find a referral from other source, the Texas Bar Association can give you some contact information.
All the best. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”