Large North Texas church posting 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
GaryTx
Posts in topic: 1

Large North Texas church posting 30.06

Post by GaryTx »

Just a heads up...Cottonwood Creek Baptist Church (mega church in Allen, TX) is in the process of 30.06 posting.

I got a call today from one of their members wanting to know if I knew where they could buy 30.06 signs. He had called DPS earlier, and they told him to call someone local that taught CHL classes.

When I inquired why they had made that decision, he stated that "our security folks" had recommended it. I inquired further about what he meant by security, and he informed me that it was a consisted of a couple of local police officers they hire when off duty, to parade the church property during services.
NRA Life Member
http://www.texasLTCacademy.com.com
CHL Classes | Basic Handgun Classes | NRA Classes

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Large North Texas church posting 30.06

Post by Oldgringo »

This is just another reason why Mrs. Oldgringo and I are Methodists. I rebel when people think they are ordained to think for me or otherwise attempt to impose their will on me.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Russell wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:This is just another reason why Mrs. Oldgringo and I are Methodists. I rebel when people think they are ordained to think for me or otherwise attempt to impose their will on me.
Careful.

I don't think this is a Baptist vs Methodist issue. This is just some police officers who are mistaken in their ideas about what does and does not make people safe.
Thank you for your concern and you are correct. :tiphat: I didn't mean to imply any religious issue. It is an Oldgringo issue with anyone, or any group, attempting to impose their will or beliefs on me against my will.

This is fundamentally the same issue as countless other posts on this forum and that issue is freedom of choice.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Oldgringo wrote: This is fundamentally the same issue as countless other posts on this forum and that issue is freedom of choice.
Wow!
Them's fighting words on this board!!!!

Just teasing I know what you meant. :evil2: "rlol"
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

It would be time for me to find another church home
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 6

Post by tfrazier »

Oldgringo wrote:
Russell wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:This is just another reason why Mrs. Oldgringo and I are Methodists. I rebel when people think they are ordained to think for me or otherwise attempt to impose their will on me.
Careful.

I don't think this is a Baptist vs Methodist issue. This is just some police officers who are mistaken in their ideas about what does and does not make people safe.
Thank you for your concern and you are correct. :tiphat: I didn't mean to imply any religious issue. It is an Oldgringo issue with anyone, or any group, attempting to impose their will or beliefs on me against my will.

This is fundamentally the same issue as countless other posts on this forum and that issue is freedom of choice.
So are you guys saying that it's OK to be Baptist after all? Talk about controversial statements! "rlol"

By the way, Fellowship Church (MegaChurch in Grapevine) is also 30.06 posted (hence it's my FORMER church).

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

tfrazier wrote:

So are you guys saying that it's OK to be Baptist after all? Talk about controversial statements! "rlol"
I reckon that everybody has to be somewhere. I know where I won't be ! :grumble

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I think it is important to make sure your church understands your position if they try to post a 30.06. I would be meeting directly if with the Senior Pastor on the issue and letting him know he will loose several members if they proceed with posting. Education of the church staff is key.

And, this is not a one denomination vs. another thing. I am Methodist. If you think we are more open to guns than another denomination, read the first sentence in the third paragraph of this UMC document :grumble http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?ptid=1&mid=937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Besides, I know more Baptist preachers and members that carry than I do Methodist. Maybe it's because they are better at witnessing?? ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Keith B wrote:I think it is important to make sure your church understands your position if they try to post a 30.06. I would be meeting directly if with the Senior Pastor on the issue and letting him know he will loose several members if they proceed with posting. Education of the church staff is key.

And, this is not a one denomination vs. another thing. I am Methodist. If you think we are more open to guns than another denomination, read the first sentence in the third paragraph of this UMC document :grumble http://archives.umc.org/interior.asp?ptid=1&mid=937" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Besides, I know more Baptist preachers and members that carry than I do Methodist. Maybe it's because they are better at witnessing?? ;-)
I agree with Keith on this. The denomination does not matter.

As stated before, time to look for another church.

There are several including our associate pastor, that carry in our church. Our senior pastor will be taking his class verry soon.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote:I think it is important to make sure your church understands your position if they try to post a 30.06. I would be meeting directly if with the Senior Pastor on the issue and letting him know he will loose several members if they proceed with posting. Education of the church staff is key.

WELL! :eek6 I definitely don't subscribe to that bunch of closed mind and heart {stuff} EITHER. I guess I can convert to Deism, as were many of our founding fathers, if need be or....whatever?

Is it any wonder that the so-called charismatic churches are growing while the traditional denominations are declining? I think I'm going to go and load some .45's. :grumble

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 6

Post by tfrazier »

Interesting stuff from the Catholic documents.
There's a big trend toward specialty churches nowadays...cowboy churches, sportsmen churches, etc.

I think I'm going to start a 1911 Congregational Fellowship. The deacons can double-duty as range masters, ushers can collect brass along with the cash.
:biggrinjester:

Plato

Post by Plato »

tfrazier wrote:...I think I'm going to start a 1911 Congregational Fellowship. The deacons can double-duty as range masters, ushers can collect brass along with the cash.
:biggrinjester:
Oh pleeeeeease, we all know the Glock Church will have much more reliable members "rlol"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”