My employer posted 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 4

My employer posted 30.06

Post by lawrnk »

So some idiot employee pulled out a gun and was playfully showing it around in the plant. :mad5 Now the plant enterance is posted. The security manager is a CHL, and states he made this one "non-compliant on purpose" after management forced him to post. Also, one can simply enter the plant through the admin building where I work and never see this sign.

Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

DoubleJ

Re: My employer posted 30.06

Post by DoubleJ »

just curious, what's not compliant about the sign?
and just cause the sign's not at every entrance, doesn't mean the place isn't still posted.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Topic author
lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

DoubleJ wrote:just curious, what's not compliant about the sign?
and just cause the sign's not at every entrance, doesn't mean the place isn't still posted.
Good question. He never said what was non-compliant. I think one must make a reasonable effort to ensure that any CHL can be notified that the plant is posted. 1/3 of our employees would never see this sign entering the admin building, and nothing related to the posting of a 30.06 sign has been communicated to employees (to my knowledge)
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

barres
Posts in topic: 2

Post by barres »

lawrnk wrote:
DoubleJ wrote:just curious, what's not compliant about the sign?
Good question. He never said what was non-compliant. I think one must make a reasonable effort to ensure that any CHL can be notified that the plant is posted. 1/3 of our employees would never see this sign entering the admin building, and nothing related to the posting of a 30.06 sign has been communicated to employees (to my knowledge)
From his point of view that would be true. From your point of view, you have been given notice, as evidenced by your post here for all the world to see. Looking at the pic as closely as I can, I can see nothing that would invalidate it. Judging by the bricks and the wall outlet sizes, the letters are 1" block letters, the text is in English and Spanish, contrasting colors, and the text is correct. It wouldn't be effective notice to someone who never saw it, but you obviously have. Sorry.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

:roll:

Topic author
lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Russell wrote:The language is not identical to 30.06 and is, therefor, not technically valid.

His sign says "Trespass by holder of a license to carry a concealed handgun"

The language is supposed to be "trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun".
I can attest that even a simple misspelling can get thrown out of court. A friend got out of a thousand dollar fine after the judge noticed her surname had an extra D that was not part of her name.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Plus that "a" kinda aims it even MORE towards a person carrying a CHL
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

That may be true, but I'm not signing up to be a test case for that one...

dave_in_austin

Post by dave_in_austin »

Was the employee who passed around the gun in the first place a CHL holder?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Back in the old days us plant workers would have a discussion out behind the cooling tower if someone did something stupid like that.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

From the Texas DPS website:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... osting.htm

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Download language

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:

1. includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
2. appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
3. is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Seems the writing of the sign is letter perfect according to the DPS, including the '...holder of a license to carry...'

However, in the picture, I can't make out if the numbers on the sign are 30.06 or 30.05. If he put 30.05 on the sign, that would be hilarious (and non-compliant).
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Back in the old days us plant workers would have a discussion out behind the cooling tower if someone did something stupid like that.

Anygunanywhere
I bet there was not a lot of talkin' goin' on back there...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”