on the john

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lunchbox
Posts in topic: 14

on the john

Post by lunchbox »

so when your packing and you go to the craper in a public place and theres no place to set your gun what do you do you cant risk anyone seeing it.so whats the answer to this seldom thought about subject
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: on the john

Post by Kalrog »

ankle holster - no problem.
Shoulder holster - no problem.
Belt holster - refasten the belt and keep it at the knees - no problem.

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nedmoore »

I would just wait until I got home!
kinda have a phobia going in public.

Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

I faced this situation during my Wally Walk.

A fully loaded G 21 SF along with 2 fully loaded spares are HEAVY.

The Wally World bathroom was not for individuals, it was a communal one with lots of space under the walls of the stalls.

The pants were lowered only the minimum distance necessary to accomplish the mission. The Com Tac MTAC and the double mag carrier had to be held up while I conducted my business. I wasn't just going through the motions.

My standard, thus far, has been pocket carry and so aside from an unusual weight to my pants there isn't any issue with bathroom use. I'm still looking for that "perfect" carry method, though.

More experiences to come.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Post by 5111 »

I use an IWB holster so it may make it a little easier. As I lower my pants I tilt the handle inward and then peel down the waistband of my underwear over the handle. I can still easily get to it, but the underwear cover it well enough from prying eyes.
Anyone need pics? :mrgreen:

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Anyone need pics?
Thanks, but no thanks!! We trust you that it works!!

:smilelol5:
TacTex
NRA Life Member

dukesean

Post by dukesean »

nedmoore wrote:I would just wait until I got home!
hee hee like the guy from American Pie...
just kidding yea some public stalls are just rancid - probably would be cleaner just to go in your pants than to sit your bum down on some of those
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I found it pretty hard to pull up my pants, tuck in my shirt without dropping it all to the floor with all that weight. I'll wait till I get home also. In a pinch :oops: I suppose I'll take the holster off, tuck in then put holster back on.

CodeJockey

Post by CodeJockey »

I use a smart carry. I simply lower the pants, and as I do that, pull up the smart carry to my mid chest. Works perfectly. and it's easy to get to (easier in fact that normal). This way, I might get caught with my pants down, but I'll still be armed! "rlol"
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I wait until I get home. However if it's urgent then I stop at a hotel. They clean their bathrooms daily and hardly anyone uses them. I just walk in and say I need to check but gee I've been on the road a while where is your restroom? Then I come back and just say that I'll be back to check in the people I am staying with have just sat down at a resturant close by and I need to hurry over as they are hungry. I'll be right back and we will all check in.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Thunderduck

Post by Thunderduck »

I second the smartcarry

LedJedi

Post by LedJedi »

I IWB carry a full size 45 most days.

The few times i've been forced to use a public restroom has proven to give me some semblance of a place to put the 45, either on the top of the tank or on the top of the tissue dispenser. The one instance I ran into once where there was nothing proved a little puzzling at first until i decided to revert to a trick i use walking from the truck to the house all the time.

If i'm planning on driving for more than a few minutes i'll take my holster and gun out and put it between the seats so it's more comfortable. If i'm going into a store or some place when I get out i'll just quickly slip the gun back in place and nobody is the wiser. However, if i'm going from the truck to the house which is like a 10 second trip i don't always want to take the effort to put the holster back in place. At that point i'll just hold it under my shirt in the under-arm just long enough to get upstairs. My body style allows me to do that without much notice and it's fairly comfortable. Of course if i had to move my arm much it would fall out of place but the odds of being "forced" to do that are nill in such a small span of time.

That trick also works well in public restrooms and if for some reason my belt or holster snaps ever break that's my backup plan for carrying back to the car. Takes a bit of practice but it's nice to have an alternative method of carry.

G.C.Montgomery

Post by G.C.Montgomery »

nedmoore wrote:I would just wait until I got home!
Hate to be rude but I'm with Nedmoore on this one...Somethings in my life run on a pretty consistent schedule and this is one of them. If however the need arrises, refastening the belt around one's legs does tend to work fairly well. Believe it or not, you really should ask the ladies who carry on their person for advice on this one.
When you take the time out of your day to beat someone, it has a much longer lasting effect on their demeanor than simply shooting or tazing them.

G. C. Montgomery, Jr.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

5111 wrote:Anyone need pics? :mrgreen:
No, but could you give us a demonstration? :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TX Rancher

Post by TX Rancher »

I know a guy who was carrying a Glock in an OWB holster with a thumb break. He had finished doing his business, stood up, and was pulling up his pants when the weapon fell out of the holster and (you guessed it) fell into the toilet. Evidently he had accidently hit the thumb break allowing the Glock to make its great escape.

Now imagine standing there looking at your pistol sitting at the bottom of a rather unsanitary toilet bowl. :shock:

It’s not like you’re going to leave it there…but then again, you’re not going to gingerly pick it up with your fingertips, carry it over to the sink, and wash it off. I mean let’s face it, you have a real problem to deal with. :confused5

He fished it out so the toilet would flush, and then put it back in the now empty bowl and re-flushed a couple of times to rinse it off. He then used a considerable amount of toilet paper to dry it off after breaking it down (field stripped). After re-holstering he went to the sink to perform a “surgical scrub� of his hands and then went out to join the crew at the table.

Now this is when he made his really big mistake…he sheepishly told about his trials and tribulations in the land of the great commode. You can imagine the comments…especially since most of the folks at the table were died-in-the-wool 1911 fans…a Glock in the toilet was just too much for them…I think the jokes and innuendos continued not only for the rest of the night, but the rest of the year.

So the moral of the story is be sure your pistol is properly retained before you stand up…and if by chance it does fall into the porcelain repository, do not tell anyone about it…especially if you’re carrying a Glock.

Now before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion, I was carrying my 1911 at the time :mrgreen:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”