GUNS (CHL) in schools on FOX 4

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Target1911
Posts in topic: 2

GUNS (CHL) in schools on FOX 4

Post by Target1911 »

At 10am this morning they will have a segment talking about guns on college campus and the pros and cons of allowing it. I have to go to work but I WILL record it for later.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

Rokyudai

Re: GUNS (CHL) in schools on FOX 4

Post by Rokyudai »

Argh...missed it! I'm hoping it will be on line at some point.
NRA Benefactor Member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

Just watched the 10 o'clock Mike and Juliett show and they dinn't have anything on about guns in schools.

Maybe another date??
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Target1911 wrote:... on college campus and the pros and cons of allowing it.
Cons? I can't think of any. :confused5

- Jim

Topic author
Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

Someone just said on another forum that it will be tomorrow at 10a. Sorry bout the mix-up
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Was on this morning at 9am here in Katy. Of course they had some lady from NY saying how our laws are not as strict as people think. I lived in NY and you needed a permit just to own a handgun. Every gun I've ever purchased here in TX needed FBI approval, what is she talking about? I thought the young man who was from TX and going to college presented a good case for carryin on campus. I totally agree that licensed handguns should be allowed on campus to protect the innocent. :fire

eagleeye

Post by eagleeye »

We were out numbered. But Wentworth got in some good points.

Here is the link.

http://www.mandjshow.com/videos/packing ... rotection/

ELB

Post by ELB »

My wife saw this on a San Antonio station, said the young college man did a good job, and the anti-side made the same tired arguments: bloodbath, kids with guns, citizens with guns will only confuse the cops, etc.

elb
USAF 1982-2005

Snake Doctor

Post by Snake Doctor »

Mike Guzman (the Texas State student they brought on to support our rights) is a fellow student and friend. He did well, as usual, and kept his tongue in check when others spoke over him and when he was not given 1/3 of the time to speak as the others. It was an interesting segment. Mike made his fellow CHLers, Marines and Texas State students proud.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

I am only able to down-load and play the first part, haven't been able to see any of the discussion.
They ask, Do you want your KID's to carry at school, rather than, Do you want State Licensed Adult's to carry at school. :mad5
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

This was a great segment.

Although you arent going to change the minds of 100 audience members in 5 minutes, im sure many will think about what was said.

It is obvious that many are ignorant of gun laws and have been brainwashed by the media and movies.

I can almost guarantee you that student who was shot wanted so badly to say that he wished he had a gun at that moment :) Of course that surely wouldnt of fit into his cause :)

pt145ss

Post by pt145ss »

The kid did a good job but i wish he had mentioned the Colorado Springs mega church incident. It really brings home what one armed law-abiding citizen can really do.

jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

It was a good segment, but I too wished Mr. Guzman would've mentioned the Colo. shooting. As for the student victim, well I guess sheeples will always be sheeples. He mentioned something about how crazy it would've been if there was another gun involved or present(CHL present), well, I could only say it would've ended much quicker and with less lives lost. :fire
In Christ,

Joel C.

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

Got a reply from Mike Guzman:
Henry,

Thank you for your support. It wasn't exactly the most favorable enviornment but at least we are getting our message out there. I don't think anyone could have convinced that group of NY soccer moms of our position.

I'm currently lobbying various politicians and officials to support a bill allowing us to carry on campus. Every official I've talked to has said that this will most likely pass. Even Gov. Perry is on board.

The best way for people to help is to contact state legislators by either phone, fax, mail or email to voice your support. I'm going to post on the concealed campus website a list of legislators that are on the committee we need to convince in order for the bill to go to the full chamber to be voted on. I'll try and get that up here in the next month or so.

Thanks again for your support. And feel free to email me anytime if you have any questions or want an update as to our progress.

Mike

:)

CodeJockey

Post by CodeJockey »

I really hope that this becomes law. I am working on / off on my Master's degree, and the idea that I can't carry as a registered CHL just irritates the crap out of me.
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”