We lost two Leos in GA.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jazr45acp
Posts in topic: 3

We lost two Leos in GA.

Post by jazr45acp »

I just saw this on MSN. The senselessness is overwhelming.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22680938/

updated 7:34 a.m. CT, Wed., Jan. 16, 2008
DECATUR, Ga. - Two off-duty DeKalb County police officers were shot and killed in what appeared to be an ambush at an apartment complex early Wednesday, police said.

The two officers were investigating a suspicious person at the complex when shots rang out, DeKalb County Police Chief Terrell Bolton told The Associated Press.

Authorities were searching for two males seen running from the scene. Police set up a mobile crime unit and were using dogs and a helicopter to search for the suspects.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We've got every able body looking for them," Bolton said.

Police were called to the scene around 12:40 a.m. and the arriving officers found the two officers down, Bolton said. One officer was dead at the scene. The other was later pronounced dead at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Bolton said.

Bolton said the shooting looked like an ambush.

"It just appeared that they were gunned down without a chance," he said.

‘We always hear shooting,’ resident says
Patreka Anderson, a resident of the complex, said she was awakened by the gunshots but did not think anything of it because it is a high-crime area with a lot of drug activity and prostitution.

"We always hear shooting," she said. "I didn't think that was any big deal."

Police closed off a mile-long section of the street in front of the complex and much of it was cordoned off with yellow tape as a crime scene investigators gathered evidence.

About a dozen school children from the complex and their parents waited to see if police would allow a school bus past the cordon in to pick them up.

The slain officers' names were not immediately released. Bolton said one was a two-year veteran and the other had been on the force for four years.

"It's a challenging day for us," Bolton said. "However, today's act of senseless violence is a display of what we're seeing around the country where people will shoot down a police officer without regard to any repercussions."
In Christ,

Joel C.

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: We lost two Leos in GA.

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

I would almost bet that is is gang related
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

Topic author
jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

I'm just wondering why two Off-Duty Leos are conducting an investigation?
In Christ,

Joel C.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

jazr45acp wrote:I'm just wondering why two Off-Duty Leos are conducting an investigation?
Considering the assortment of reasons that Dallas canned Bolton, I wouldn't be surprised if he has his new minions doing some shady stuff too.

Topic author
jazr45acp

Post by jazr45acp »

KD5NRH, I don't think I'm following you. Can you elaborate for me?
In Christ,

Joel C.

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

News reports stated that they were working as security for the apartment complex.

DFWCHLer

Post by DFWCHLer »

jazr45acp wrote:KD5NRH, I don't think I'm following you. Can you elaborate for me?
Terrell Bolton, now the DeKalb Co. police chief, used to be the police chief here in Dallas. He was fired for a whole list of issues, including quite a bit of "shady" stuff when it came to investigations, personnel assignments, etc. He was also the chief that presided over the "fake drugs" scandal.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/2456224/detail.html

All that said, I doubt Bolton's idiocy had much to do with the shootings. Most likely, these officers either lived in the complex or were working there as off-duty security.

The important thing is, at least now, to keep the politics out of it. Two officers are dead... keep them and their families in your prayers - may they rest in peace. And pray for the rest of the department, now tasked with finding the suspects, and the hope that the suspects are located quickly and hopefully dealt with in an efficient (and preferably terminal) manner.

Texasdoc

Post by Texasdoc »

I will add the officers family to my prayer list and hope they find the shooters fast and they get the max that the state can offer.

its bad when 2 are taken they way these where .

Doc
Shoot more,then Reload and Shoot somemore. Image

http://www.texasguntalk.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”