Grapevine Mills Mall Lady

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Grapevine Mills Mall Lady

Post by anygunanywhere »

Mrs Anygun and I were at the Houston Home and Garden show yesterday (Sunday) at Reliant.

Halfway through the show while Mrs. Anygun was doing her thing I discovered I was standing in front of th Grapevine Mills booth. I have never been there so I guess that is where that posted mall is everyone keeps writing about.

I wander up to the table and glance at their brochure. There is one lady there talking to the booth lady. Booth lady looks at me and this is the conversation:

Her - "Have you ever visited us at Grapevine?"

Me - "You have a mall there?"

Her - "Why, yes we do! You need to come up and shop!"

Me - "You won't let me in."

Her - "Yes we will".

Me - "No, you won't. You will not let me or any other individual licensed by the State of Texas to carry a concelaed handgun into the mall while carrying. You have signs posted that prevents us from carrying. We have had our backgrounds checked by the DPS and Feds. We are the good guys. Thugs and criminals ignore your signs. Take the signs down and we will come."

Her - "I have seen the signs."

Me - "Have a nice day."

Maybe I lit a spark. I seriously doubt I will ever go there.

The show was OK. Bought some jerky and nuts. Mrs. Anygun liked it. She kept me in tow with the bag of brochures. I managed to make it through the entire show without her giving me "The Look". After 33 years maybe I am learning when and what to say. "Yes, Dear."

The Kimber and Kel-Tec P3AT were right along with me!

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

A good exchange anygun. ;-)
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Sounds like an excellent conversation.
You weren't rude, but got your point across.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I've got a template if you want to make your own.
They look like this:

Link to bigger ones to use for printing:

http://www.nurgle.net/guns/noguns-back.jpg
http://www.nurgle.net/guns/noguns-front.jpg
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

AG, you be a class act!!!

I would have paid money to see that!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

Way 2 go, Anygun !
Been to that mall once, no motivation to go back.

WarHawk-AVG

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Maybe an edit with

"I am one of the good guys" would be in order
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

WillieD

Post by WillieD »

Not all entrances are posted at GVM, only the primary mall entrances. If you go through a department store you will not see any communication regarding carrying firearms.

ntex

Post by ntex »

WillieD wrote:Not all entrances are posted at GVM, only the primary mall entrances. If you go through a department store you will not see any communication regarding carrying firearms.

Exactly

CLTX11

Post by CLTX11 »

So depending on what door you went through, would create you either a criminal or not!

jrosto

Post by jrosto »

CLTX11 wrote:So depending on what door you went through, would create you either a criminal or not!
More like: The thouroughness of your concealment would determine whether or not you took a ride to Grapevine for booking. If caught at the 'mills, you will be considered a criminal, no matter what door you entered.
"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." Ronald Reagan

Kyle(Houston)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kyle(Houston) »

WillieD wrote:Not all entrances are posted at GVM, only the primary mall entrances. If you go through a department store you will not see any communication regarding carrying firearms.
Just wondering. Have you checked the entrance from the department store into the mall area? The department store may not have a 30.06 sign posted but it may be located at the entrance from the department store into the mall.

Meaning you might be able to carry into the department store as long as you do not go into the Mall area?

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NcongruNt »

Kyle(Houston) wrote:
Just wondering. Have you checked the entrance from the department store into the mall area? The department store may not have a 30.06 sign posted but it may be located at the entrance from the department store into the mall.

Meaning you might be able to carry into the department store as long as you do not go into the Mall area?
If you're aware that the mall is posted, it doesn't matter what door you go through. You are still in violation if you knowingly enter a posted mall while carrying.

Rex B

coverage

Post by Rex B »

NcongruNt wrote: If you're aware that the mall is posted, it doesn't matter what door you go through. You are still in violation if you knowingly enter a posted mall while carrying.
What if you are just going to that dept store? Does the 30.06 at the mall entrances just apply to the common areas, or does it cover all the stores that are NOT posted?
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”