Renewal timeline...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal timeline...

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I have a question concerning my renewal. Many years ago I was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and two counts of attempted murder. It was self defense and the grand jury no billed the charges. When I went through my new CHL process, I had to furnish copies of the court documents showing it was no billed. All was well. Do I have to go through that process again?
Someone in our class asked a similar question. According to the instructor, DPS would only need info on any new "events" or if there was some change related to past events.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Oldgringo »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I have a question concerning my renewal. Many years ago I was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and two counts of attempted murder. It was self defense and the grand jury no billed the charges. When I went through my new CHL process, I had to furnish copies of the court documents showing it was no billed. All was well. Do I have to go through that process again?
IANAL, nor have I slept in a Holiday Inn Express or gone to a Drive-In movie lately, but if you have a current Texas CH license, just do the internet renewal thinghy. I would suggest that you do not shoot any more people until after you have your new license in hand...unless you just, absolutely, positively have to.

Good luck and God Bless. :tiphat:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jmra wrote:
Someone in our class asked a similar question. According to the instructor, DPS would only need info on any new "events" or if there was some change related to past events.

Thanks!! That is great to hear! I was not looking forward to spending quality time at the Dallas county court house. That place is a huge joke of typical government mismanagement.

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote:
IANAL, nor have I slept in a Holiday Inn Express or gone to a Drive-In movie lately, but if you have a current Texas CH license, just do the internet renewal thinghy. I would suggest that you do not shoot any more people until after you have your new license in hand...unless you just, absolutely, positively have to.

Good luck and God Bless. :tiphat:
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

I will take that advice. Fortunately for me, I haven't run into anyone needing killing in many years! I am figuring the odds are on my side...LOL. it is pretty rare for lightning to strike twice in the same place.

Just today, I was in a grumpy mood and said I was lucky nobody had tested me in awhile. My son in law laughed and said it was highly unlikely anyone would try to start a bar room brawl with me at IHOP or the movies. Yep, I am boring. :biggrinjester:

03Lightningrocks

By the way... I am getting a kick out of seeing all the folks who originally joined the forum about the same time frame as me getting renewals at the same time. I wonder what the connection is? :cool:

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote:By the way... I am getting a kick out of seeing all the folks who originally joined the forum about the same time frame as me getting renewals at the same time. I wonder what the connection is? :cool:
For me, it's just because I moved here in April of 2006 from California, and then we were busy house-hunting/buying, getting my family moved out here, getting my inlaws moved out here, etc., etc., and I just didn't get around to taking my class until December of 2007. I got my 2nd plastic in hand on 11/23/12. It had actually expired on my birthday, 10/05, due to my own procrastination at getting my paperwork mailed in, but I had a valid Utah CFP exactly for that possibility; so I never had to stop carrying during that month and half before I got my new plastic.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:By the way... I am getting a kick out of seeing all the folks who originally joined the forum about the same time frame as me getting renewals at the same time. I wonder what the connection is? :cool:
For me, it's just because I moved here in April of 2006 from California, and then we were busy house-hunting/buying, getting my family moved out here, getting my inlaws moved out here, etc., etc., and I just didn't get around to taking my class until December of 2007. I got my 2nd plastic in hand on 11/23/12. It had actually expired on my birthday, 10/05, due to my own procrastination at getting my paperwork mailed in, but I had a valid Utah CFP exactly for that possibility; so I never had to stop carrying during that month and half before I got my new plastic.
Mine expires January 31. I have messed around about it to long myself. The Utah permit comes in handy for this situation. I can carry under Utah for a few weeks if needed.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

dps site let me start my renewal today :mrgreen:
but I cant take the 4.5 hrs class until end of March

at least I can get the online part done and paid for...this gun control craziness has all of our instructors booked up solid
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

03Lightningrocks

powerboatr wrote:dps site let me start my renewal today :mrgreen:
but I cant take the 4.5 hrs class until end of March

at least I can get the online part done and paid for...this gun control craziness has all of our instructors booked up solid
I jumped online four days ago and found a renewal class for the 14th. It is by coincidence the same place I acquired my new CHL back in 2008.

There were a bunch of available classes all over the place. I am in the plano/north Dallas area so maybe it makes for more options.

mosley

Post by mosley »

Received license in mail on 7/29/13 after sending in CHL-100 on 7/1/13......29 days....

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”