walmart asking for chl

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Tracker
Posts in topic: 2

Re: walmart asking for chl

Post by Tracker »

I may have to go open carry at Wal Mart later in the week just so someone will ask to see my license. I'm quite proud of the fact that I passed the background check that allowed me to get the LTC

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by suthdj »

This would involve any place that has alcohol sales not just walmart so something is fishy.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Smokey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Smokey »

At least they put it on the manager. I would hate for every employee to be required to ask for LTC. They are there to make money for their family, not protect and defend the whole store.

Mostly It seems kind of pointless. Good guys will have a LTC. I don't really think bad guys will open carry. Maybe some well meaning but uninformed people will think that just anybody can carry a gun now (though I doubt that with all the media exposure). For those few people it would be good for them to learn the laws of our state, when you can and can't use deadly force, etc.

Swoops1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Swoops1 »

Another reason not to shop at Wal-Mart. If I did shop there, which I haven't done in about 3 years and they ask I would tell them non of their business. They could always ask me to leave which I would. On the other hand if I decided to purchase said beverage they can always ask for ID to confirm my age and I would present my CHL as a form of ID.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

winters wrote:So the police should pull every car over every day to make sure you have a drivers license? It just makes it look like someone who is open carrying is automatically doing something illegal.

Did I say anywhere that I have some right to be in their store? It was ment as a conversation starter.

Its not about that I have any right to be in there store its the fact they are telling the public they think they have some legal right to even ask.

I guess they are willing to accept the liability of one of their employees walking up to someone illegally carrying and possibly get shot over it. Not something I would do.
It's their store. Therefore they have a legal right to ask and to kick your butt to the curb if you get belligerent about it. They have the legal right to confront anyone who enters their store and to ask them to leave if they are uncooperative.

Why is this so hard to understand? You want to enter my house with a gun on your hip? Show me your LTC or start staring down the barrel of my gun. It's MY property. Not yours.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

FtwBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FtwBill »

It seems to me that Walmart is a supporter of 30.06 and 30.07 demonstrated by the pages of people who have open carried there with no issues.

The article is not accurate and if I were anti gun id write this same kind of article so that irritated chl holders make there opinions known to wm corporate who might just say to hell with it then no more carry.

My nephew telling me what they told him is hearsay I suppose. How many pages of first hand posts are up stating no issues carrying in Walmart stores? I'll believe those posts over some random story published on the Internet.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Swoops1 wrote:Another reason not to shop at Wal-Mart. If I did shop there, which I haven't done in about 3 years and they ask I would tell them non of their business. They could always ask me to leave which I would. On the other hand if I decided to purchase said beverage they can always ask for ID to confirm my age and I would present my CHL as a form of ID.
If you're not going to shop there due to their lack of support for 2nd amendment rights, my guess is that your choices of shopping anywhere will be substantially narrowed.

Give 'em a break if they're trying to protect their ability to do business. Protesting their rules in their house and recognizing that they don't post 30.06 or 30.07 - it's approaching a not-so-reasonable view.

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

you could always just flash your LTC/CHL badge.... :lol: :biggrinjester:
:txflag:

Abraham
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Abraham »

Swoops1,

By all means, act belligerent if an LTC is 'requested' at a business that has every right as it their business.

When you're shown the door, you'll have shown em how the cow ate the cabbage by gosh, ah, unless you went in there to buy cabbage, that is...

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

Swoops1

Walmart is one of the friendliest 2A stores.
I don't get it. They allow you to come in there armed, OC or CC.
You have the right to not go in, but if you do, please do us all a favor and be polite when or if you're asked for CHL/LTC.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated. Wouldn't like it if I came waltzing into your home and giving you attitude for asking me for my ID, right?
:confused5

Geez.

Swoops1

Post by Swoops1 »

cb1000rider wrote:
Swoops1 wrote:Another reason not to shop at Wal-Mart. If I did shop there, which I haven't done in about 3 years and they ask I would tell them non of their business. They could always ask me to leave which I would. On the other hand if I decided to purchase said beverage they can always ask for ID to confirm my age and I would present my CHL as a form of ID.
If you're not going to shop there due to their lack of support for 2nd amendment rights, my guess is that your choices of shopping anywhere will be substantially narrowed.

Give 'em a break if they're trying to protect their ability to do business. Protesting their rules in their house and recognizing that they don't post 30.06 or 30.07 - it's approaching a not-so-reasonable view.
My not shopping there has nothing to do with the 2A. It has to do with 92% of their merchandise comes from China, most recently proclaiming they were going to use more products made in the USA then it was discovered they were just putting made in USA tags on imported products. Most of their staff is part time so they don't have to pay any benefits. The minute they move into a small town local businesses begin to close because they can't compete therefore narrowing my choices. The next time you're in the meat section try to figure out where it comes from.

To each their own I just stated it gave me another reason not to shop there.
Last edited by Swoops1 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swoops1

Post by Swoops1 »

parabelum wrote:Swoops1

Walmart is one of the friendliest 2A stores.
I don't get it. They allow you to come in there armed, OC or CC.
You have the right to not go in, but if you do, please do us all a favor and be polite when or if you're asked for CHL/LTC.
Treat others as you'd like to be treated. Wouldn't like it if I came waltzing into your home and giving you attitude for asking me for my ID, right?
:confused5

Geez.
If you came "waltzing" into my home chances are you wouldn't like the way you left. Now if you were invited I would never ask you for an ID that would be rude.

FtwBill

Post by FtwBill »

The next time you're in the meat section try to figure out where it comes from.

To each their own I just stated it gave me another reason to shop there.

That will now be impossible in any grocery store meat dept. In dec congress repealed the law that allowed meat dept to put country of origin labels on meat. The WTO decided that was not going to fly and impose tariffs on US products so the tags come off.

I buy my meat locally so sticker or not I know what goes into my families stomachs!

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

baldeagle wrote:
winters wrote:So the police should pull every car over every day to make sure you have a drivers license? It just makes it look like someone who is open carrying is automatically doing something illegal.

Did I say anywhere that I have some right to be in their store? It was ment as a conversation starter.

Its not about that I have any right to be in there store its the fact they are telling the public they think they have some legal right to even ask.

I guess they are willing to accept the liability of one of their employees walking up to someone illegally carrying and possibly get shot over it. Not something I would do.
It's their store. Therefore they have a legal right to ask and to kick your butt to the curb if you get belligerent about it. They have the legal right to confront anyone who enters their store and to ask them to leave if they are uncooperative.

Why is this so hard to understand? You want to enter my house with a gun on your hip? Show me your LTC or start staring down the barrel of my gun. It's MY property. Not yours.
I would strongly recommend that you not pull a gun on a visitor who is OC'ing at your home and refuses to show you their license. That is likely to end very, very badly for you. Probably best to just ask them to leave and then not invite them back.

That said, if you are talking about in-laws, then I can sympathize...

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Swoops1 wrote: My not shopping there has nothing to do with the 2A. It has to do with 92% of their merchandise comes from China, most recently proclaiming they were going to use more products made in the USA then it was discovered they were just putting made in USA tags on imported products.
That makes a little more sense - at least it's a common complaint.
Course, as a little extra drama thrown in:
Most conservatives on this forum are against raising the minimum wage to a living wage.
And it's largely consumer behavior that makes Walmart profitable - we're attracted to price. When you can convince us all to only buy American made goods that are sold by companies that pay a living wage, this problem solves itself. Bringing in USA products and they lose market share to Target.

As someone who has a business selling imported goods, I'd love to sell goods that are made here in America, but the reality of that is that if I manufactured them here, prices would literally increase 5-10x. I'd have no customers unless we cut off the world market. So instead, I spend lots of time finding means to contract construction for things that meet what I expect out of a quality bar... That whole market doesn't seem to directly understand that I'd rather pay 30% more for a better product, instead, they'll swap a supply or part to improve their margin fractionally and I'll be left with a bunch of stuff that I can't (won't) sell because they just marginalized my product. It's an interesting business... But there are a large number of people here in the US that make a living doing it.
Last edited by cb1000rider on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”