Factory sportswear versus concealed means concealed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Factory sportswear versus concealed means concealed

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am curious about something. I noticed that a few people here feel that wearing certain clothing will make you a first target in a violent confrontation. Do you folks also feel that open carry would do the same thing?

I am leaning a different direction. I believe the clothing does very little to nothing in making a bad guy or even Joe Smoe take note of us. While I believe with all my heart that open carry would make me the first target.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Planning a trip to NYC soon. I'll be packing my cell phone in my tear open Bianchi fanny pack, wearing blaze orange NRA Freedom cap (circa 1986) and an oversize R Lee Ermey Glock shirt. In my pocket I will have a few 7 round 1911 mags, sans ammo. Also will be importing a 64 ounce Big Gulp from New Jersey.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

ScottDLS wrote:Planning a trip to NYC soon. I'll be packing my cell phone in my tear open Bianchi fanny pack, wearing blaze orange NRA Freedom cap (circa 1986) and an oversize R Lee Ermey Glock shirt. In my pocket I will have a few 7 round 1911 mags, sans ammo. Also will be importing a 64 ounce Big Gulp from New Jersey.
Bettger not be any diet drink in that big gulp. Full sugar and caffeine only, bud.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

ScottDLS wrote:Planning a trip to NYC soon. I'll be packing my cell phone in my tear open Bianchi fanny pack, wearing blaze orange NRA Freedom cap (circa 1986) and an oversize R Lee Ermey Glock shirt. In my pocket I will have a few 7 round 1911 mags, sans ammo. Also will be importing a 64 ounce Big Gulp from New Jersey.
Are you trying to get the electric chair??? :shock:

thelurker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thelurker »

NordicTexan wrote:Does any one put their NRA stickers on their car?
Absolutely! I have a NRA Life Member sticker and a TSRA Life Member sticker on the back windshield of my truck.

I also sport a TSRA license plate, with a subtle personalized nod to the 2nd Amendment that most probably think are just random letters.

Before I decided to put them on my vehicle I search the web far and wide to find accounts of people that had their car broken into and attributed it to their choice of bumper stickers. I couldn't find one single account! However, I have had tailgaters change their mind about riding my bumper. "rlol"
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

03Lightningrocks

thelurker wrote:
Absolutely! I have a NRA Life Member sticker and a TSRA Life Member sticker on the back windshield of my truck.

I also sport a TSRA license plate, with a subtle personalized nod to the 2nd Amendment that most probably think are just random letters.

Before I decided to put them on my vehicle I search the web far and wide to find accounts of people that had their car broken into and attributed it to their choice of bumper stickers. I couldn't find one single account! However, I have had tailgaters change their mind about riding my bumper. "rlol"

You really think anyone is going to hop on the internet and say they had their car broken into because of a sticker? :rolll

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

G27RR wrote:No, I don't look to see who is carrying because I simply don't care. I do look to see who looks suspicious - if they do, I watch their hands and mannerisms. I'd rather be doing that and see potential trouble as soon as they make any kind of move, which would actually be useful information, rather than waste time playing a "who might be carrying" game.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!
Byron Dickens

Zoo

Post by Zoo »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
68blackbird wrote:Well, after going through this thread, I guess I need to dump my Glock Rocks t-shirt and Kahr Arms shirt and go with this....but then again, it may make some one want to put me outta my misery.... :mrgreen:

[ Image ]
Do those shirts come in a 2XL ?
After seeing some of his fans, I'm sure they do.
The city is not a concrete jungle. It is a human zoo.

03Lightningrocks

:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

Post by 77346 »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I am curious about something. I noticed that a few people here feel that wearing certain clothing will make you a first target in a violent confrontation. Do you folks also feel that open carry would do the same thing?

I am leaning a different direction. I believe the clothing does very little to nothing in making a bad guy or even Joe Smoe take note of us. While I believe with all my heart that open carry would make me the first target.
I tend to agree with you... I don't think people notice articles of clothing that much, but a gun on your side will catch a lot of attention. It may either deter the crime, or make the criminal think he/she has to neutralize the MWAG first...
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

thelurker

Post by thelurker »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
thelurker wrote:

You really think anyone is going to hop on the internet and say they had their car broken into because of a sticker? :rolll

I know, right?!?! But it's funny how people will post about every thing else, from leaving their gun in a public head to the negligent discharge they feel they must tell the world about. Honestly, I think people really overthink bumper stickers altogether...
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

03Lightningrocks

thelurker wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
thelurker wrote:

I know, right?!?! But it's funny how people will post about every thing else, from leaving their gun in a public head to the negligent discharge they feel they must tell the world about. Honestly, I think people really overthink bumper stickers altogether...
You know what? I forgot about face book. I have seen people tell the darnedest things on themselves there. It wouldn't surprise if someone did blame a bumper sticker for their car getting broke into... :smilelol5:

Maybe I am being paranoid. I go so far as to making sure I have nothing laying in view that might tempt a thief... Not even a empty sack... Zero... I keep the inside of my car looking like nobody has lived in It for years... But yet... A couple years ago, some jerk busted my window and caused more dollars in damage than what they stole trying to get my stereo.

03Lightningrocks

77346 wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I am curious about something. I noticed that a few people here feel that wearing certain clothing will make you a first target in a violent confrontation. Do you folks also feel that open carry would do the same thing?

I tend to agree with you... I don't think people notice articles of clothing that much, but a gun on your side will catch a lot of attention. It may either deter the crime, or make the criminal think he/she has to neutralize the MWAG first...
Whether or not having a gun visible makes one a target or a threat against a bg is a hotly debated topic. If I were open carrying and a bg came into a place I was at, with a gun, I would feel more inclined to draw than if the bg didn't know I was carrying. But that is kind of the other side of the topic.

Matt78665

Post by Matt78665 »

I wear a fanny pack to this day because it is nearly impossible to conceal in scrubs. I have the Gonzales "Come and take it" flag on my truck.. If that profiles me then so be it.....
"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
St. Augustine

68blackbird

Post by 68blackbird »

Matt78665 wrote:I wear a fanny pack to this day because it is nearly impossible to conceal in scrubs. I have the Gonzales "Come and take it" flag on my truck.. If that profiles me then so be it.....
I'm afraid it does....your definitely a proud Texan!
"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
- Antonio Meloni

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”