Are you able to carry on your job site and do you?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are you able to carry on your job site and do you?

Post by DoubleJ »

longtooth wrote:I pastor a small Country Baptist Church. I do carry 24-7. I encourage all others to carry 24-7 when legal.
from page 1
longtooth wrote:Yes & yes. Pastor the church and carry all the time. CHL welcome here.
from page 3

uh, you got split personalities? :lol:
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Lobo73

Post by Lobo73 »

Am not allowed to carry at my workplace (airport) or even have in parking lot, but the other day had an all-day offsite meeting and I was packin'. Of course, without the knowledge of anyone. My feeling, I was in unfamilar environment in unfamilar part of town and felt safer doing so.
Before God I swear this creed: my pistol and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

DoubleJ wrote:
longtooth wrote:I pastor a small Country Baptist Church. I do carry 24-7. I encourage all others to carry 24-7 when legal.
from page 1
longtooth wrote:Yes & yes. Pastor the church and carry all the time. CHL welcome here.
from page 3

uh, you got split personalities? :lol:
May be split but both carry. :thumbs2: :tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

quidni wrote:No, and no.

I work for the State of Texas.

And I've noticed that the personnel manual has recently been changed, I suspect in anticipation of another "employer parking lot" bill - it now states "no weapons, concealed or otherwise, on state property, or in vehicles parked on state property."

:rules: :grumble
How can the state of Texas ban CHL's on their property when the Governor signed it into law that State property cannot be legally posted?

Oh, No I don't carry at work. Im a heavy equipment mechanic and have to crawl around in cow .....poop and dirt to much. I have kept in my toolbox before.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I am allowed to carry at my workplace, but I typically carry inside only a couple days a week. Company policy explicitly allows for CHL carry, but It is also written that the hangun be concealed at all times, If I expect to be physically active my carry rig will likely be exposed. I will leave the hand gun in the car or locked inside my desk. I feel perfectly comfortable at my workplace armed or unarmed.

I am the only one at my workplace who has a CHL, yet the owners felt it important that it was clearly stated in the policies that CHL carry was permited.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

flb_78 wrote:
quidni wrote:No, and no.

I work for the State of Texas.

And I've noticed that the personnel manual has recently been changed, I suspect in anticipation of another "employer parking lot" bill - it now states "no weapons, concealed or otherwise, on state property, or in vehicles parked on state property."

:rules: :grumble
How can the state of Texas ban CHL's on their property when the Governor signed it into law that State property cannot be legally posted?
Remember that they can still fire you for the employee rules violation, and the law stopping them from banning only applies to criminal charges.
Oh, No I don't carry at work. Im a heavy equipment mechanic and have to crawl around in cow .....poop and dirt to much. I have kept in my toolbox before.
Well, they may not be real guns but I thought Glocks were supposed to be able to handle that kind of environment. ;-)

We need a new smiley for that look of feigned innocence my kids get when they say something like that.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”