Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

Post by Taypo »

TXBO wrote:
VMI77 wrote:Massad Ayoob on open carry: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/14/massa ... led-carry/
Concealed Means Concealed

If your local license requires concealed carry, keep the gun truly concealed. The revealing of a concealed handgun is seen in many quarters as a threat, which can result in charges of criminal threatening, brandishing and more. A malevolent person who wants to falsely accuse you of threatening them with a gun will have their wrongful accusation bolstered if the police find you with a gun where they said it was. Yes, that happens. Some jurisdictions allow “open carry.” I support the right to open carry, in the proper time and place, but I have found over the decades that there are relatively few ideal times or places where the practice won’t unnecessarily and predictably frighten someone the carrier had no reason to scare.
Well articulated point by Ayoob.... once again. The rest of his ten commandments are just as compelling if anyone hasn't read them.
And Mas has spoken! He'll be summarily dismissed as a turncoat by the militants, but I listen to what he has to say.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 32

Post by cyphertext »

jmra wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
Would you eat at a restaurant that was posted 30.06?
No, I said "how I wear my firearm", I can't wear my firearm at a place posted 30.06.
Ok, so what is the difference between you and Richbirdhunter, other than he may be a little more restrictive in the businesses he supports? Has a place that you frequented posted and you quit using their services? Did you let the establishment know why you don't do business there?

:evil2: Just playing devil's advocate here...

For me, if they post and I can get the same goods and services elsewhere, I do. I don't fault those who still shop there, or call them anti-gun. I don't protest. I may send an email letting them know the reason why I no longer choose to do business with them, but I doubt they miss me. Kinda comes back to such a small percentage of CHL licenses holders in Texas. Guess that is why I don't fault WB's decision.

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RetNavy »

Most times when i go to Whataburger its thru the drive thru so their policy doesn't bother me...

if i go in and make a order it will be as a CC.... if my gun is noticed by a customer and they mention it to me i will say thank you for your opinion and go on about my business...

if management notices and says something..... if after ordering and before receiving food i will ask for a refund and leave.... (that will probably be when getting drinks).... if after getting food, since i very seldom eat there it means I'm already leaving the place....
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

VMI77 wrote:Massad Ayoob on open carry: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/14/massa ... led-carry/

If your local license requires concealed carry, keep the gun truly concealed. The revealing of a concealed handgun is seen in many quarters as a threat, which can result in charges of criminal threatening, brandishing and more. A malevolent person who wants to falsely accuse you of threatening them with a gun will have their wrongful accusation bolstered if the police find you with a gun where they said it was. Yes, that happens. Some jurisdictions allow “open carry.” I support the right to open carry, in the proper time and place, but I have found over the decades that there are relatively few ideal times or places where the practice won’t unnecessarily and predictably frighten someone the carrier had no reason to scare.
I agree with this. If OC is not the cultural norm, it is easier to conceal and go on about my business. Out where I hunt, it is customary and acceptable for folks to bring their rifles into the local diner instead of leaving them unattended in Jeeps and such... No one bats an eye at a guy with a long gun there. Downtown Dallas has a different reaction.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 15

Post by VMI77 »

cyphertext wrote:

I agree with this. If OC is not the cultural norm, it is easier to conceal and go on about my business. Out where I hunt, it is customary and acceptable for folks to bring their rifles into the local diner instead of leaving them unattended in Jeeps and such... No one bats an eye at a guy with a long gun there. Downtown Dallas has a different reaction.
Do they provide gun racks so you don't have to prop them up by your table?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

VMI77 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

Actually, yes, there was a wooden rack over in the corner!

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cyphertext wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

Now that's my kind of restaurant.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Richbirdhunter »

VMI77 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:

Now that's my kind of restaurant.
Sounds like a good place to eat
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

RetNavy wrote:Most times when i go to Whataburger its thru the drive thru so their policy doesn't bother me...

if i go in and make a order it will be as a CC.... if my gun is noticed by a customer and they mention it to me i will say thank you for your opinion and go on about my business...

if management notices and says something..... if after ordering and before receiving food i will ask for a refund and leave.... (that will probably be when getting drinks).... if after getting food, since i very seldom eat there it means I'm already leaving the place....

Seems fair
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
RetNavy wrote:Most times when i go to Whataburger its thru the drive thru so their policy doesn't bother me...

Seems fair
If the management at Whataburger spots your CC weapon, you've probably got bigger issues than where to eat.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

Taypo wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

Seems fair
If the management at Whataburger spots your CC weapon, you've probably got bigger issues than where to eat.
I'll bet you a burger they just ask you to leave.

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Richbirdhunter wrote:
Taypo wrote:
Richbirdhunter wrote:

Seems fair
I'll bet you a burger they just ask you to leave.
And I'll bet you another dollar that you're doing it wrong if they do.

Unless it's part of some militant plot to get kicked out of WB to prove how wrong they are about OC. Then it's a masterful stroke of genius which is sure to make them instantly allow OC.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

TXBO wrote:

Well articulated point by Ayoob.... once again. The rest of his ten commandments are just as compelling if anyone hasn't read them.

when my son was little and I was realizing just how different little boys were from little girls :shock: I really didn't want to be responsible for a heart attack or accident happening so I started repeating
"don't scare the old ladies or the children unnecessarily "
and we learned it's a decent motto.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

SewTexas wrote:
TXBO wrote:

when my son was little and I was realizing just how different little boys were from little girls :shock: I really didn't want to be responsible for a heart attack or accident happening so I started repeating
"don't scare the old ladies or the children unnecessarily "
and we learned it's a decent motto.

My my my. :shock: Don't you know that you're no longer allowed to say there are boys and girls, much less that they're different? Calling them boys and girls makes the trans people feel bad. That's some kind of ist or even worse, some kind of ism. Shame on you. :biggrinjester:

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

My question would be: Why is or would a person be scared if they see someone carrying a holstered firearm? If I see a person carrying a firearm, I alert, observe the body language, then know whether to be concerned or not.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”