How many of your friends and family.....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SATX-Scrub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How many of your friends and family.....

Post by SATX-Scrub »

Well, since my brother and I took the CHL class together, it was hard to hide from him, and since mom paid for it by Groupon, I'm almost sure she knows, although she's a California liberal who would just assume we took the course and decided it just wasn't for us and sold all our guns. Dad is a Vietnam vet with a big gun safe. He doesn't like to share.

My friends all carry except for one, he moved to NY and cries every morning he has to go out and face NY unarmed!

Co-workers? A couple have inquired about CHL classes around town, as far as the others, if they even know, they don't say anything.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My family knows.

A lot of my friends know, mostly because most of my friends do too, or at least are shooters, or at a minimum are on the same page as me politically.

And then there are those who simply assume, like my co-workers who have noticed my TSRA plates on my car, with my ham radio call letters: K5NRA

By jimlongley at 2011-10-11[/img]
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

My wife and I both have our CHL. Both our families know. All my brothers (3) have their Iowa carry license, one of my wife's sisters has her Texas CHL. The step-daughter and her husband and his father are planning on getting thier CHL this summer when the grandsons (who also go shooting/hunting with me) are done with spring baseball.

A few friends at Church know. Those are either CHL or hunting buddies that hunt and shoot together.

A few at work know I am CHL.

I guess most in my circle of friends/family/aquaintences know I am CHL. I don't try to keep it a secret, but if someone strikes up a conversation on guns/CHL, I will discuss. I even have a few that I'm a responsible for helping get their CHL.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”