Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LostInAustin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, TX 30.06 Posted

Post by LostInAustin »

Nice letter Chad. May I use it? I will change the name at the bottom! ;-)
Colt Combat Commander
Colt Govt Model Series 70
Beretta 92FS

chad745
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chad745 »

Yes you may, in fact, please.
chad745

texchef

Post by texchef »

I'm sitting on a sofa in my room at Great Wolf Lodge typing this, watching college football. My wife checked the family in earlier in the day and by the time I made it here from work the front parking lot was full, so I pulled around back to the conference center and parked. There is a main entrance to the conference center with auto-open doors and doors just to the right of that entrance that are manually operated. I entered through the manually operated doors, took the elevator to the Xth floor to my room, and never saw a 30.06 sign on either set of entry doors or anywhere on the way to my room. I have yet to go to the lobby. I read on texas3006.com that Great Wolf is posted so I was carefully looking for the signage but I haven't seen any yet. On a tangential question, I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grapevine tonight and they don't have a 30.06 that I was able to see (or 51% sign either) but big white letters on the entry door that says something like "We BAN all firearms from our premises" or somesuch. Does that constitute proper notice?

Kevinf2349
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kevinf2349 »

texchef wrote:"We BAN all firearms from our premises" or somesuch. Does that constitute proper notice?
Nope. Not in the slighest. Carry away....as long as it isn't 51%
Glock - When a FTF just isn't an option!

04/24/09 - CHL Class
08/17/09 - Plastic in hand!

NRA & TSRA Member

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

"Society doesn't have a gun problem; Society has a society problem"

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by marksiwel »

Yeppers, whats strange is Ikea still hasnt posted a 30.06 but are KNOWN for supporting Anti-gun groups, and harassing open carriers in other states
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dragonfighter »

Here is Mine, it will probably be ignored, but who knows.
I am sending this via email as I am disgusted and disinclined to take the time and expense to use physical media to write.

My wife and I were planning a 16th birthday party for my daughter and had planned on 10 select friends, sisters and us staying and renting rooms as well as taking advantage of the water park at Great Wolf Lodge.

I just discovered that your business has decided to disarm the law abiding amongst us. You have provided an unprotected pool of victims for those that could care less what signs are posted or what laws are broken as they intend to harm those inside.

I have been a soldier, a patrol officer and am a fireman of over 20 years. To be told that I am an undesirable because I have an exemplary record of personal conduct, have undergone scrutiny by federal and state authorities and have endured hours of training at great personal cost is condescending and alarming.

It is as if your organization is completely ignorant of the multiple times, especially recently, where unarmed groups of people were simply there for the slaughter. A few notable but certainly not all of the examples include:

1) Luby's 23 Killed (Including the parents of a doctor who had to leave her gun in the car and watch her parents die)

2) Wedgewood Baptist Church - where a 150 Christian teenagers and ministers had to watch as 3 of there number were killed and 20 others were injured)

3) Virginia Tech (in a state where on campus carry was legal but the policy of the school forbade the carry of concealed weapons) - Where students and professors licensed to carry watched helplessly as 32 were killed and many others were wounded.

4)Fort Hood - Where on base carry is strictly controlled and SOLDIERS, defenders of our freedom had to seek cover under desks while their colleagues, friends, brothers were methodically executed. This was stopped within 3 minutes by a civilian police contractor, that was armed. In that three minutes 13 died and 31 were wounded including their defender. Many of those wounded are gravely injured and may yet die.

Laws and/or signs restricting the carry of firearms did not discourage the killers, it simply left those that were following the rules defenseless and dead. Ask the survivors, "Do you think you were safer because those qualified to carry legally were not armed?" Go ahead, ask.

God forbid such a tragedy befall your facility or the innocents inside, but I know that if it does, we will not be there; either as defenders or victims.

We're done, I will now have to look elsewhere for a venue for my daughter. I will use every resource I have to spread this information to friends, family and the web sites that support the lawful carry of weapons for self defense.

Sincerely,
<Name>, U.S. Army (Ret.), <City> Fire and Rescue 20+ years
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

whumble
Posts in topic: 2

Post by whumble »

Dragonfighter wrote:Here is Mine, it will probably be ignored, but who knows.
I am sending this via email as I am disgusted and disinclined to take the time and expense to use physical media to write.

My wife and I were planning a 16th birthday party for my daughter and had planned on 10 select friends, sisters and us staying and renting rooms as well as taking advantage of the water park at Great Wolf Lodge.

I just discovered that your business has decided to disarm the law abiding amongst us. You have provided an unprotected pool of victims for those that could care less what signs are posted or what laws are broken as they intend to harm those inside.

I have been a soldier, a patrol officer and am a fireman of over 20 years. To be told that I am an undesirable because I have an exemplary record of personal conduct, have undergone scrutiny by federal and state authorities and have endured hours of training at great personal cost is condescending and alarming.

It is as if your organization is completely ignorant of the multiple times, especially recently, where unarmed groups of people were simply there for the slaughter. A few notable but certainly not all of the examples include:

1) Luby's 23 Killed (Including the parents of a doctor who had to leave her gun in the car and watch her parents die)

2) Wedgewood Baptist Church - where a 150 Christian teenagers and ministers had to watch as 3 of there number were killed and 20 others were injured)

3) Virginia Tech (in a state where on campus carry was legal but the policy of the school forbade the carry of concealed weapons) - Where students and professors licensed to carry watched helplessly as 32 were killed and many others were wounded.

4)Fort Hood - Where on base carry is strictly controlled and SOLDIERS, defenders of our freedom had to seek cover under desks while their colleagues, friends, brothers were methodically executed. This was stopped within 3 minutes by a civilian police contractor, that was armed. In that three minutes 13 died and 31 were wounded including their defender. Many of those wounded are gravely injured and may yet die.

Laws and/or signs restricting the carry of firearms did not discourage the killers, it simply left those that were following the rules defenseless and dead. Ask the survivors, "Do you think you were safer because those qualified to carry legally were not armed?" Go ahead, ask.

God forbid such a tragedy befall your facility or the innocents inside, but I know that if it does, we will not be there; either as defenders or victims.

We're done, I will now have to look elsewhere for a venue for my daughter. I will use every resource I have to spread this information to friends, family and the web sites that support the lawful carry of weapons for self defense.

Sincerely,
<Name>, U.S. Army (Ret.), <City> Fire and Rescue 20+ years
Nice letters, I sent one myself. No guns=No money here to :nono:
Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.
" Gun control is hitting what you aim at."
NRA
TSRA

Glock 23
08/29/2009 - CHL Class
08/30/2009 - App. mailed to DPS
09/01/20009 - Rec'd at DPS
10/24/2009 - Processing App

InfoTechCHL2007

Post by InfoTechCHL2007 »

Just curious...has anyone received a response?
Know your weapons

InfoTechCHL2007

texchef wrote:I'm sitting on a sofa in my room at Great Wolf Lodge typing this, watching college football. My wife checked the family in earlier in the day and by the time I made it here from work the front parking lot was full, so I pulled around back to the conference center and parked. There is a main entrance to the conference center with auto-open doors and doors just to the right of that entrance that are manually operated. I entered through the manually operated doors, took the elevator to the Xth floor to my room, and never saw a 30.06 sign on either set of entry doors or anywhere on the way to my room. I have yet to go to the lobby. I read on texas3006.com that Great Wolf is posted so I was carefully looking for the signage but I haven't seen any yet. On a tangential question, I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grapevine tonight and they don't have a 30.06 that I was able to see (or 51% sign either) but big white letters on the entry door that says something like "We BAN all firearms from our premises" or somesuch. Does that constitute proper notice?
Hmmm. You know, I have heard of places not necessarily responding to pro-CHL letters with a written response, but instead by removing their 30.06 sign. Perhaps someone could provide confirmation that the 30.06 notification is still out front at the main entrance.
Regarding eating at Buffalo Wild Wings, we CHL-holders can ignore the ghostbusters-type of signs. Now, if you go out of state to someplace like Oklahoma...that's a different story.
Know your weapons

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

texchef wrote:On a tangential question, I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grapevine tonight and they don't have a 30.06 that I was able to see (or 51% sign either) but big white letters on the entry door that says something like "We BAN all firearms from our premises" or somesuch. Does that constitute proper notice?
No, it does not. In fact, just after you walk through the glass doors, there is another sign about the unlicensed carrying of firearms, on the right, where the barrier around the dining area begins. I ate there (for the first time ever, and was singularly unimpressed) just last Thursday night, and I walked right on in and suffered through the food.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

The Annoyed Man wrote: I ate there (for the first time ever, and was singularly unimpressed) just last Thursday night, and I walked right on in and suffered through the food.
Agreed.
I don't get the whole chicken wing thing.
Just my opinion though.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

marksiwel
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by marksiwel »

The Alamo Drafthouse on Lakecreek had a 30.06 sign, but has since removed it.
In Capitalism, Man exploits Man. In Communism, it's just the reverse

InfoTechCHL2007

marksiwel wrote:The Alamo Drafthouse on Lakecreek had a 30.06 sign, but has since removed it.
Nice.
Know your weapons

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

jimlongley wrote:I wanted to let you know that I have seen your sign and I will follow your wishes by never doing business with you while I am lawfully carrying a concealed handgun under Section 30.06 of the Texas Penal Code. Since I always lawfully carry, then it follows that I cannot do business with you.

By denying Concealed Handgun Licensees the right to carry, you are not providing safety for any of your customers, you are merely establishing a "gun free zone" which criminals will know is a target rich environment where they can ignore the law and rules without fear that an armed law abiding citizen might interrupt their nefarious activities.

Concealed handgun licensees are among the most law abiding citizens in our state. We have been investigated by both the state and federal government, we have never been convicted of any felony and have no misdemeanor convictions in the last ten years. We have gone through training at personal expense in order to obtain our licenses. We resent the implication that we would be unsafe in your facility.

For these reasons, I, and my family, and numerous friends and acquaintences will never feel safe in your facility, wondering when some lunatic will do like one did in Luby's without the chance that a Jeanne Assam will even have a minimal chance of stopping him.

No Guns = No Money

From me and anyone I can influence.

Jim Longley

Anyone else is welcome to send the same.
Great Letter! I hope you don't mind if I save it for future use?

Greg

chad745
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chad745 »

I hope that the letters to Great Wolfe keep going. I'd sure like to see the sign come down becuase of the volume of educated letters from men and women like us. I have to stay the night there in the spring...

-Chad
chad745

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”