Movie Tavern a No Go now also

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

JerryK
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Movie Tavern a No Go now also

Post by JerryK »

I'm going to try a different tactic in the wording of letters to these places. Something along the following lines (for a theatre). I think this frames the conversation in the right manner and also directly shows that their decision is costing them money
Well enough said I will copy that for future use. I consider that to be a positive statement.

I have also contacted the TSRA about printing a 2nd set of cards that will thank merchants for not posting in a positive initative. (although I do carry the current card of "No guns=No money")

jt88

Post by jt88 »

Not sure where you're located, but if anyone lives near Flower Mound, the Moviehouse & Eatery is 30.07 posted, but supports concealed carry. Their food is much better than Movie Tavern, and the seats are super comfy. Service there is top notch as well. I cannot speak for the other Moviehouse & Eatery locations, but I now go out of my way to support the Flower Mound location due to their support of concealed carry. They have a sign next to their 30.07 that literally says that legally concealed carry is welcome.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

XDgal,

Your letter to management may not be comprehensively read as it's rather long.

Shorten it and it'll have greater impact.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

jt88 wrote:Not sure where you're located, but if anyone lives near Flower Mound, the Moviehouse & Eatery is 30.07 posted, but supports concealed carry. Their food is much better than Movie Tavern, and the seats are super comfy. Service there is top notch as well. I cannot speak for the other Moviehouse & Eatery locations, but I now go out of my way to support the Flower Mound location due to their support of concealed carry. They have a sign next to their 30.07 that literally says that legally concealed carry is welcome.
Agree - we have been there one time and will be back because of the policy change at Movie Tavern.
NRA Life Member

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

VMI77 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Recently my mother was visiting from Seattle. I mentioned that open carry had passed and that some businesses like Whataburger were not allowing customers to carry weapons openly. She responded by saying that was good since nobody wants a bunch of nuts running around with guns.
"Nuts running around with guns." Sadly that's what many people think. We are "NUTS." Unfortunately, I doubt that anyone who looks at us as nuts would ever openly and objectively listen to evidence to the contrary.
Yeah, we're all crazy nuts, or so they say. Nuts with guns. Obviously it's not intended to be anything more than an insult because only truly crazy people would deliberately insult and antagonize crazy nuts with guns....if they really believed they were crazy.
I commend to your attention the example of Dollie Parton when asked if she was offended by dumb blond jokes. "No," she said, "because I'm not blond and I'm not dumb."
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

Not sure where you're located, but if anyone lives near Flower Mound, the Moviehouse & Eatery is 30.07 posted, but supports concealed carry.
There is a Moviehouse & Eatery in Keller as well, posted 30.07. I enjoyed a good time there with my granddaughter while carrying. I'll be back.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

GeekwithaGun wrote:
jt88 wrote:Not sure where you're located, but if anyone lives near Flower Mound, the Moviehouse & Eatery is 30.07 posted, but supports concealed carry. Their food is much better than Movie Tavern, and the seats are super comfy. Service there is top notch as well. I cannot speak for the other Moviehouse & Eatery locations, but I now go out of my way to support the Flower Mound location due to their support of concealed carry. They have a sign next to their 30.07 that literally says that legally concealed carry is welcome.
Agree - we have been there one time and will be back because of the policy change at Movie Tavern.
It might be a good idea to also let the new place know why they are getting your money.

Topic author
dhoenich
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dhoenich »

Thanks, I'm in Bedford so the Flower Mound one isn't too far (about 25 min). There is also a Studio Movie Grill in Colleyville that would be closer, but I'll have to see if it is posted. texas3006.com doesn't list it yet, so I'll have to do a drive by. I hate losing movie tavern due to location and convenience, but my family will not be supporting 30.06 posted businesses. So that's one CHL = 5 lost patrons total. So if CHL holders are really only 4% of the population, there is still a multiplication factor.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Their location in Keller was posted 30.06 when they first opened. After I spoke with the manager they took down the 30.06 and replaced it with the TABC "Unlicensed possession" sign. I thanked them for the change....
I'll need to swing by and see if they added 30.07. I haven't been to a movie there since the New Year.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

VMI77
Posts in topic: 5

Post by VMI77 »

JALLEN wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Recently my mother was visiting from Seattle. I mentioned that open carry had passed and that some businesses like Whataburger were not allowing customers to carry weapons openly. She responded by saying that was good since nobody wants a bunch of nuts running around with guns.
"Nuts running around with guns." Sadly that's what many people think. We are "NUTS." Unfortunately, I doubt that anyone who looks at us as nuts would ever openly and objectively listen to evidence to the contrary.
Yeah, we're all crazy nuts, or so they say. Nuts with guns. Obviously it's not intended to be anything more than an insult because only truly crazy people would deliberately insult and antagonize crazy nuts with guns....if they really believed they were crazy.
I commend to your attention the example of Dollie Parton when asked if she was offended by dumb blond jokes. "No," she said, "because I'm not blond and I'm not dumb."
I'm embracing the "crazy." I don't introduce the subject, but if it comes up, I'll admit to being a gun nut.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
dhoenich

Post by dhoenich »

I emailed the Colleyville location of Studio Movie Grill and received the following...

Thank you for your email. Studio Movie Grill’s policy is that we follow all state and federal laws pertaining to weapons. With Texas being a state that allows concealed carry we follow those laws and we do not have signage posted prohibiting concealed carry.

I thanked them for the response. Probably all SMG locations will be the same. Looks like that will be my new movie location.

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

meh, the one by my house in Cypress smells like a horse stall and the service was garbage. I will continue to eat and watch movies at OC and CC establishment called Alamo Draft House!! While I rarely carry there because I tend to throw back a couple while catching a flick, I love that they do not put any signs up...yet. *fingers crossed*

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

dhoenich wrote:I emailed the Colleyville location of Studio Movie Grill and received the following...

Thank you for your email. Studio Movie Grill’s policy is that we follow all state and federal laws pertaining to weapons. With Texas being a state that allows concealed carry we follow those laws and we do not have signage posted prohibiting concealed carry.

I thanked them for the response. Probably all SMG locations will be the same. Looks like that will be my new movie location.

good to know, being the Copperfield one is 15 mins from the casa! Will continue to receive my business! :thumbs2:

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

bcooper wrote:meh, the one by my house in Cypress smells like a horse stall and the service was garbage. I will continue to eat and watch movies at OC and CC establishment called Alamo Draft House!! While I rarely carry there because I tend to throw back a couple while catching a flick, I love that they do not put any signs up...yet. *fingers crossed*
Might want to make sure you aren't OCing at Alamo Drafthouse, or at the very least check for signs. Most that I'm aware of are posted 30.07. Alamo Drafthouse @ texas30.06.com

bcooper

Post by bcooper »

Papa_Tiger wrote:
bcooper wrote:meh, the one by my house in Cypress smells like a horse stall and the service was garbage. I will continue to eat and watch movies at OC and CC establishment called Alamo Draft House!! While I rarely carry there because I tend to throw back a couple while catching a flick, I love that they do not put any signs up...yet. *fingers crossed*
Might want to make sure you aren't OCing at Alamo Drafthouse, or at the very least check for signs. Most that I'm aware of are posted 30.07. Alamo Drafthouse @ texas30.06.com
I haven't seen one at the Vintage location yet. I was there watching Hateful 8 on Sunday, looked and didn't see anything. I don't ever OC anyways, but will keep a look out for the sign when I visit again in the coming weeks.

I don't normally carry when I go there because I will drink a couple brewskis. I've made it a rule for myself, that if I have even one beer I don't CC.

I checked your link and am dumbfounded that I didn't see the sign. I need to do a better job a checking. Thanks!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”