privare sale question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baraco01
Posts in topic: 4

Re: privare sale question

Post by baraco01 »

Thank you all. It's only a 45 minute drive. I will let him know tonight.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

NavyVet1959 wrote:
Keith B wrote:A person may buy a long gun in another state, but it must be from a licensed dealer. You cannot buy a handgun in another state unless you have it transfered to a FFL in your state of residence.
If that is the case, I have to wonder how many of us have broken that one over the years.. . . The idea that the government could create regulations that could restrict who you could give or sell your tools to was a completely alien concept....
This has only been the law since the Gun Control Act of 1968. It isn't exactly new.

Of course, the founders were spinning in their grave back then and haven't stopped yet.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

NavyVet1959

Post by NavyVet1959 »

Jumping Frog wrote:This has only been the law since the Gun Control Act of 1968. It isn't exactly new.

Of course, the founders were spinning in their grave back then and haven't stopped yet.
Perhaps, but the active enforcement of this unconstitutional regulation is fairly recent. They just keep nibbling away at our rights and most people don't notice. The keep up their leftist propaganda and slowly people who *claim* to be pro-2nd-Amendment find themselves actually supporting infringements that people a few decades ago would have been up in arms about.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

NavyVet1959 wrote:... slowly people who *claim* to be pro-2nd-Amendment find themselves actually supporting infringements that people a few decades ago would have been up in arms about.
I've been opposed to the 1968 GCA since it passed and would still love to see a repeal. Realistically, I don't see it happening anytime soon and meanwhile I'd prefer to avoid being a felon.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

I am 100% against anything called banning whether it is class of firearms, magazines or ammo. Because with banning there is registration and confiscation. All are unconstitutional.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”