Guns stopping School Rampages

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Seabear
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Guns stopping School Rampages

Post by Seabear »

seamusTX wrote:Ms. Assam shot the criminal shooter, Murray. Murray then shot himself. I have not run across an official document that says which shot was fatal.

In any case, the fact that she shot him undoubtedly terminated the shooting spree. Otherwise Murray was prepared to kill and injure many more people.

You can verify all this by searching for "New Life Church Jeanne Assam."

- Jim
Oh I agree completely. :patriot: Even if she had missed him the end result was that it was over.
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Seabear wrote:I can't find it, but I rcall reading a report some time ago that said Assam didn't actually hit Murray, that he killed himself when he was confronted. Anybody else ever read that?
A reenactment video with Assam recreating the events that I was able to review before it was made unavailable showed that Assam engaged Murray at a distance of about 15 yards. Assam fired 5 shots with 3 hits: 2 in the leg that brought the suspect down to the floor, and one to the wrist. These were nonfatal wounds. Murray committed suicide by firing the fatal shot from his pistol.

The stories you see denying that Assam hit and disabled Murray are the media's attempts to avoid the inconvenience of the truth, which gives the lie to propaganda which holds that armed citizens are more of a danger than a help.

Murray was carrying about 1000 rounds of ammunition. In this instance, Assam very clearly saved at least dozens of lives.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

You also may note that Ms. Assam is often referred to as a "police officer" or "security guard."

She was not a police officer at the time of the incident. She was not a paid or commissioned security guard. She was a member of a volunteer security patrol at the church. She had held law-enforcement positions in the past.

- Jim

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

The Israelis do not pussyfoot around with puny handguns carried by the occasional teacher or staff member that may have their equivalent of a CHL. They issue automatic carbines or rifles. They send trained armed guards with school groups going to risky areas.
I trust I'm not misquoting him, but Mas Ayoob said during a TV interview that Israelis arm each teacher in the classroom with "discreetly concealed 9mm handguns." And we all know how many school shootings they have. :cool:

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

I can't say what Mr. Ayoob knows or doesn't know.

- Jim

Seabear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Seabear »

Excaliber wrote:
Seabear wrote:I can't find it, but I rcall reading a report some time ago that said Assam didn't actually hit Murray, that he killed himself when he was confronted. Anybody else ever read that?
A reenactment video with Assam recreating the events that I was able to review before it was made unavailable showed that Assam engaged Murray at a distance of about 15 yards. Assam fired 5 shots with 3 hits: 2 in the leg that brought the suspect down to the floor, and one to the wrist. These were nonfatal wounds. Murray committed suicide by firing the fatal shot from his pistol.

The stories you see denying that Assam hit and disabled Murray are the media's attempts to avoid the inconvenience of the truth, which gives the lie to propaganda which holds that armed citizens are more of a danger than a help.

Murray was carrying about 1000 rounds of ammunition. In this instance, Assam very clearly saved at least dozens of lives.
That rings a bell, and I completely agree that she saved many lives. A true hero. :patriot:
Carry safe and carry when and where you can. I'm just sayin'.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”