This happened to me...scenario.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Briankey
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Walmart

Post by Briankey »

I was in Walmart awhile back, walked past 2 Homeboys squatted down in the Jewerly section next to some cases full of junk Jewerly, I immediately noticed a 3rd guy standing off to the side and across the aisle, in direct eyeshot of the other 2 squatted down, he was the Lookout, so I walked over to the Camera section where I could watch, sure enough, they were stealing, so I told the manager who turned out to be Lame.
And Scared. He didn't do anything.

I watched these 3 clowns use that "Happy go lucky Conversation tactic" I mentioned earlier and walk right out the door.
I told the Lady at the door about them before they exited, but when she saw them, she said by how they were acting, as everyday shoppers, they don't look like shoplifters.
Oh well,

----------------------

I've seen teams in shopping malls who were really good at this tactic. They carry on a conversation and appear to be totally distracted until they run into their target and grab a purse, wallet, inappropriately touch them or just get a good laugh. They quickly switch to "apologize and escape" mode and blend back into the crowd to start another "run".

I managed a retail store in a mall for 5 years and did a lot of people watching. Although you may get bumped or have collisions with people on a busy shopping day its not always an accident.[/quote]

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: This happened to me...scenario.

Post by Venus Pax »

I think you did the right thing. You didn't draw your gun, but simply were prepared to do so.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

saltydog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: This happened to me...scenario.

Post by saltydog »

A similar situtation happened to me. I had the gas nozzle out of the filler tube and pointed in their general direction. It was tense for a couple of seconds, but logic and reason prevailed.

A lighter in my left hand may have added to everyone's overall awareness. Mine included.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”