Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Almost went to jail!!!

Post by mojo84 »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There are some inconsistencies in this story that make me wonder if this actually happened. The OP stated he went into the restaurant, a cafeteria, and 20 minutes later the cops showed up. He then said said the cops showed up before he had a chance to order. Then he said they must not have cooked his food since the manager called the police.

Too many inconsistencies here for me to believe this event actually happened. I think I took the bait and got reeled up to the boat and threw the hook as the net approached me.

Further to my previous post regarding inconsistencies within this thread by the OP, I've looked back at his prior postings which demonstrate he is adamantly against open carry.

I believe he has an anti-OC agenda and he is playing us all like cheap fiddles. I am even more convinced the event in this thread did not happen. I encourage you all to review his prior comments and consider how he can't keep his story straight, even in this one thread.

We are making a mountain out of a molehill that did not exist.
I'm convinced mojo84 is absolutely correct. I did a quick search of his posts and the one quoted below is typical of his attitude toward open-carry. Couple this with his failure to respond to any comment in this multi-page thread he started and there's more reason to doubt this event ever occurred. It appears that his dislike of open-carry coupled with a total lack of anti-OC incidents prompted him to invent this story.

Chas.
PSTL*PAKR wrote:For all you OC people, get ready to get banned from carrying in a lot of places.....Why aren't people happy with CC?????? :roll:
I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
Exactly what we don't need. Does not prove this event happened. Please stop.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

parabelum wrote:As someone who came to this Country years ago to live in the greatest Nation on the face of the Earth, to immerse myself into the freedoms that were so richly bestowed upon us as citizens of this great Land, I must say that I am saddened by the apathy towards promulgation of the erosion of those very freedoms that I hold near and dear to my heart.
I have seen a world 7000 miles away where slowly, inch by inch, people were desensitized and brow beaten to a point of utter complacency that gradually over time matriculated into resentment, anger, hostility, unrest and pure heck for everyone, in the end.
My take from this post is multi faceted. First and foremost, I will not do business with establishments who don't respect my rights as an American Citizen. Their business is their business, my business is mine.
Second, I have a strong predilection to stand with folks who fall into the traps that an enemy has laid out (improper sign / no prior verbal notice in this case), and at the very least, talk about a way to approach these circumstances in a fashion that is cohesive and unitary to a cause that we all share here. That means, no name calling, scalding etc. I take that the OP simply wanted to vent in a cafe full of his friends, and having been scalded by LEO's already for what happened, right wrong or indifferent, the last thing that I'd like to get in CHL forum is another beat down. Especially from folks whom I regard as my friends with common cause. I think that over time, these forum encounters will give rise to resentment and anger I mentioned few paragraphs above, and that will not be good for anyone. There will be no winners there guys.
Our Country is slowly crumbling and freedoms are being stolen from us daily. If we don't stand together and offer some good advice, as some here have done, we simply stand no chance.

OP, I detect your frustration. I would be mad as well. Going forward, forget that place. Don't go there, don't give them a dime of your hard earned money. At the month close, when they look at their P&L, let them scratch their heads wondering where their profits went.
I would say that the biggest power that we have is the power of the purse. Use it. Don't catch yourself striking a compromise with our enemies. And anyone who double sidedly seeks to strip either our rights, freedoms or both is, in my opinion, an enemy of our way of life.
Remember that erosion is gradual and that it comes in small, closely titrated dosages.
Hang in there. Ignorance will diminish if we collectively use the power of purse to make our voices heard.

And folks, please remember Tytlers Cycle.

Stay Safe.
I had to look this up....Here it is: I had to edit because the article went on to rant about other things.

Tytler said the cycle starts out with a society in bondage. Then it goes in this sequence:
Bondage
Spiritual Faith
Courage
Liberty
Abundance
Selfishness
Complacency
Apathy
Dependence
Then starting over with Bondage
Last edited by howdy on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Yikes nine pages, for a troll!!!

:???: :oops:

It seems to me this signage thing is pretty simple though: if you're carry a firearm, whether concealed or open, you are always on the lookout for signage. So if you see a sign, ANY sign including one that says simply "no guns", if you walk-in OC you are asking for trouble. If you walk-in anyway, CC, then you must be very confident that you are concealed.

My understanding of the standard signs, especially the 1" tall letter requirement, is that this is intended so people see the sign! And since carriers are looking in the first place, they will surely see it unless it is simply not present near the door they enter. Very small signs, or hand-written signs should be obeyed if you can see-and-read them, but if you don't/can't then the law protects you from prosecution.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

I like to give people a chance to redeem themselves. If and when a person validates what and who they are then that is their business. The piling on just seemed a little excessive to me. If that makes me look deficient in your eyes so be it. I am entitled to my opinion.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Right2Carry »

There we have the proof. Forum rules prevent me from saying what is in my mind. If he goes back and videos I hope he enjoys his cell mate.
Last edited by Right2Carry on Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:There are some inconsistencies in this story that make me wonder if this actually happened. The OP stated he went into the restaurant, a cafeteria, and 20 minutes later the cops showed up. He then said said the cops showed up before he had a chance to order. Then he said they must not have cooked his food since the manager called the police.

Too many inconsistencies here for me to believe this event actually happened. I think I took the bait and got reeled up to the boat and threw the hook as the net approached me.

Further to my previous post regarding inconsistencies within this thread by the OP, I've looked back at his prior postings which demonstrate he is adamantly against open carry.

I believe he has an anti-OC agenda and he is playing us all like cheap fiddles. I am even more convinced the event in this thread did not happen. I encourage you all to review his prior comments and consider how he can't keep his story straight, even in this one thread.

I'm convinced mojo84 is absolutely correct. I did a quick search of his posts and the one quoted below is typical of his attitude toward open-carry. Couple this with his failure to respond to any comment in this multi-page thread he started and there's more reason to doubt this event ever occurred. It appears that his dislike of open-carry coupled with a total lack of anti-OC incidents prompted him to invent this story.

Chas.
PSTL*PAKR wrote:For all you OC people, get ready to get banned from carrying in a lot of places.....Why aren't people happy with CC?????? :roll:
I don't think you will have to put it on You Tube. I think you will make the nightly news.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Elwood bluuz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Elwood bluuz »

mojo84 wrote:
Shadow41 wrote:If I see a 30.07 sign, compliant in size or not, I'm not going in as OC. I'll know exactly what the property owners stance is, so why go in anyway just to be verbally told to leave or have the police notified of someone trespassing with a firearm. Maybe you can argue your way out, maybe not. Either way it's bad. Just cover it before you go in, or just leave. Maybe some people are just looking for trouble. Personally I'm not, and I'm not interested in giving LTC's a bad name. Just not a smart move IMO.

Sorry for the rant
It was a righteous rant. :cheers2:

:iagree:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:I like to give people a chance to redeem themselves. If and when a person validates what and who they are then that is their business. The piling on just seemed a little excessive to me. If that makes me look deficient in your eyes so be it. I am entitled to my opinion.
When one kicks the antpile, one does not get to choose by how many ants he gets bit by.

He got exactly what he was seeking.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I like to give people a chance to redeem themselves. If and when a person validates what and who they are then that is their business. The piling on just seemed a little excessive to me. If that makes me look deficient in your eyes so be it. I am entitled to my opinion.
When one kicks the antpile, one does not get to choose by how many ants he gets bit by.

I'm going to use that one.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
PSTL*PAKR
Posts in topic: 8

Post by PSTL*PAKR »

Thanks guy... But its funny how Im getting attacked here by being called these names, but nobody is telling them anything... I simply told my story and thats it. This will be my last post, too many bullies on here.....IM OUT!!!!
Took class 8/11/12 -Applied online/finger prints/mailed 8/15/12-Received in Austin 8/17/12-Background under review 8/31/12-
Background complete/mfg. pending 10/09/12--MFG 10/10/12-MAILED 10/11/12--Received 10/18/12!!!

parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Post by parabelum »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Chas.

The voice of your dissent will be louder if you use the power of the purse, and not use your purse to pay bail and some shyster lawyer to get you out of the pickle.
Don't fall into the trap your enemy has laid out for you.
You have received many good points of advice so far.
Direct your frustration accordingly.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by flintknapper »

Fortunately as humans we have God given intelligence and the ability to reason (most of us) ;-) . We are not supposed to act as 'ants' or other lesser creatures with the same response to every action (any PERCEIVED threat receives immediate attack).

IF the OP is indeed 'trolling' then I submit he has filled his 'stringer' several times over, judging by the responses.

Personally, I don't see anything beyond dissenting points of view. Something that is not always tolerated here.

We will have our answer soon enough.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

PSTL*PAKR wrote: I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
Why would you do that?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

flintknapper wrote:

Fortunately as humans we have God given intelligence and the ability to reason (most of us) ;-) . We are not supposed to act as 'ants' or other lesser creatures with the same response to every action (any PERCEIVED threat receives immediate attack).

IF the OP is indeed 'trolling' then I submit he has filled his 'stringer' several times over, judging by the responses.

Personally, I don't see anything beyond dissenting points of view. Something that is not always tolerated here.

We will have our answer soon enough.
It was reason and discernment that made it clear he was trolling. The evidence was laid out so that even an ant could see it.

He had ample opportunity to clear up the inconsistencies in his story and shed some light on the incongruencies between his supposed actions outlined in this thread and his previous anti-OC posts.

TXBO
Banned

Post by TXBO »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
Thanks guy... But its funny how Im getting attacked here by being called these names, but nobody is telling them anything... I simply told my story and thats it. This will be my last post, too many bullies on here.....IM OUT!!!!
You really only told part of a story. Had you taken the time to answer a few valid inquiries, you probably wouldn't feel so overwhelmed.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”