Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Whataburger's Gun Policy (Ugh)..........

Post by joe817 »

jmra wrote:
AndyC wrote:The Whataburger decision doesn't bother me in the slightest; it's a good compromise for both sides. The Mad Mommies can stick their heads in the sand and pretend there are no guns in the place, and we can carry concealed.
:iagree:
I really don't see what the big deal is.
:iagree: +2

They've all but said concealed carry is welcomed. What's the problem with concealed carry in their store???
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 6

Post by G.A. Heath »

I find it kind of funny that OCT and Grisham are attacking Whataburger for saying they will prohibit open carry and welcome concealed carry in their business. Wasn't one of their positions that they respect property owners rights? This property owner has said it is ok to carry a handgun into their business but that they do not want you to carry it openly because they feel it could disrupt the operation of their business. So where is that "respect the property owners wishes" stance that Grisham/OCT took when they claimed they were willing to support Nevarez's bill making it easier for businesses to ban guns?
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

gdanaher
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gdanaher »

Go over to the Whataburger Facebook page and post the same question and see what happens. Avalanche of criticism, but I did note that over time, several different names seem to misspell the same words.

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

gdanaher wrote:Go over to the Whataburger Facebook page and post the same question and see what happens. Avalanche of criticism, but I did note that over time, several different names seem to misspell the same words.
They actually pay people to protest now for or against X cause. Just like their has been professional pan handling going on for years. kinda like yelp reviews are a bunch of bull. You can pay companies to post positive reviews for you.

AggieDad15
Posts in topic: 5

Post by AggieDad15 »

I'm beginning to think that OCT are all agents provocateur working for the other side. :headscratch

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

AggieDad15 wrote:I'm beginning to think that OCT are all agents provocateur working for the other side. :headscratch
You're not the first person to say that here. I think I can recall three different people besides myself with the same opinion on the matter. What they are doing is hurting the image of us, the legal, sensible, smart, non-aggressive, conflict-avoiding, concealed gun owners.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Mel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mel »

Charlies.Contingency wrote:
AggieDad15 wrote:I'm beginning to think that OCT are all agents provocateur working for the other side. :headscratch
You're not the first person to say that here. I think I can recall three different people besides myself with the same opinion on the matter. What they are doing is hurting the image of us, the legal, sensible, smart, non-aggressive, conflict-avoiding, concealed gun owners.
Yep! I was one.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

Mel wrote:
Charlies.Contingency wrote:
Yep! I was one.
Maybe we should start an on site poll, lol.

1. I think OCT is a Anti-Gun Liberal group in disguise.
2. I think OCT is delusional and overzealous.
3. I think OCT is just coming about things the wrong way.
4. I think OCT is trying hard to bring better change to gun laws.
5. I think OCT is doing a great job at persuading lawmakers to pass Open Carry.
6. I think OCT is the way to Constitutional Carry rights and is the answer to our prayers.

What do you think? Once open carry starts, I'm certain groups like them will push the limits and get OC banned as many places as possible. :roll:
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

jmra wrote:
AndyC wrote:The Whataburger decision doesn't bother me in the slightest; it's a good compromise for both sides. The Mad Mommies can stick their heads in the sand and pretend there are no guns in the place, and we can carry concealed.
For more than a few days, I've been wonderin' the same thing.... :headscratch

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Richbirdhunter »

joe817 wrote:
jmra wrote:
:iagree: +2

They've all but said concealed carry is welcomed. What's the problem with concealed carry in their store???

We live in a time where the small minority rules, from I'm going to OC any dang place I please, to bake the dang cake ( for the gays) If the majority likes it,it's wrong and bad and needs to be disposed of.
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

Each Whataburger should post a 30.07 if they don't want Open Carry on their premises. It's in
the law for a reason.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

jmra
Posts in topic: 40

Post by jmra »

bulinm wrote:Each Whataburger should post a 30.07 if they don't want Open Carry on their premises. It's in
the law for a reason.
You might want to read the rest of that law. There are several means of notification in the law for a reason.
Last edited by jmra on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

bulinm wrote:Each Whataburger should post a 30.07 if they don't want Open Carry on their premises. It's in
the law for a reason.
It's also in the law that they can give oral notice.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra
Posts in topic: 40

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:
the law for a reason.
It's also in the law that they can give oral notice.
You can't take what you want and pretend like the rest doesn't exist in order to make your argument valid.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

bulinm

Post by bulinm »

I know what's in the law. I just suggested that they SHOULD post the proper signage. Don't you think they should ?
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”