CC at private residence

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BCGlocker
Posts in topic: 2

CC at private residence

Post by BCGlocker »

Saw this at another forum: "So arkansas law states you cannot conceal carry into a private residence without informing the owner.". Does Texas has such law?
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: CC at private residence

Post by C-dub »

IIRC, Louisiana is the same way, but there is no such requirement in Texas.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

What C-dub said. A lot of people talk about other states having better gun laws than Texas, but it's little things like this that sets Texas apart is very significant ways. Maybe once OC passes some of that talk will stop.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
BCGlocker

Post by BCGlocker »

jmra wrote:What C-dub said. A lot of people talk about other states having better gun laws than Texas, but it's little things like this that sets Texas apart is very significant ways. Maybe once OC passes some of that talk will stop.
I love Texas1
Texas LTC Instructor
Texas SSO Instructor
USCCA Certified Instructor
Range Master Certified Instructor

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I have one place for any of my friends to place their weapon for comfort if they wish. If they wish to keep it on them thats fine. I know most of my friends carry as I do. I'm glad that in Texas we can inter a private residence without having to tell anyone we are packing. :txflag:
Skip Bishop

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

Sshhhh!!! My wife may make me replace the non-compliant gunbuster sign on the door to "Chez ScottDLS". :shock:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

:headscratch I don't go in private residences where I feel the need to be armed. Granted, our 'social circle' may be more rural, more sedate and smaller than are some private gatherings in the cities.

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Right2Carry »

Oldgringo wrote::headscratch I don't go in private residences where I feel the need to be armed. Granted, our 'social circle' may be more rural, more sedate and smaller than are some private gatherings in the cities.
You can predict when and where a home invasion will occur? I wish I had that kind of power.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote::headscratch I don't go in private residences where I feel the need to be armed. Granted, our 'social circle' may be more rural, more sedate and smaller than are some private gatherings in the cities.
Do you carry in your own home? If so, why would it be necessary to carry in your home but not when you're in the home of another?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Oldgringo »

Right2Carry wrote:
You can predict when and where a home invasion will occur? I wish I had that kind of power.
If we visited anyone, or lived, in a metropolitan area, I might be more concerned; however, we don't and I ain't. In fact, when we have to pass through a metropolitan area, we fuel up either before or after; e.g., yesterday in Albuquerque - gas before and after.

SkipB

Post by SkipB »

I respect your view Oldgringo.
Skip Bishop

jmra

Post by jmra »

Oldgringo wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:
If we visited anyone, or lived, in a metropolitan area, I might be more concerned; however, we don't and I ain't. In fact, when we have to pass through a metropolitan area, we fuel up either before or after; e.g., yesterday in Albuquerque - gas before and after.
That's a good plan. I always try to plan where I will fuel up on trips.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

BlueMerle
Posts in topic: 9

Post by BlueMerle »

This is just my opinion and not a comment on what others do.

I don't take kindly to those that carry in my home without first notifying me and getting my permission. (My close friends with CHLs already have permission to carry anytime in my home, as I do in theirs.) And in turn I don't carry in someone else's home without doing the same.

Now, I live in DFW and as a result of various social and business relationships there are often people I don't know or know only slightly that come into my home. And I often enter others homes under similar circumstances. There are also people that are anti-gun or just not comfortable with others carrying in their home. ( I don't have to agree with them on this issue to do business with them or enjoy the occasional social event.)

Regardless of what the law says, I'll control what goes on in my home and will grant others the right to do the same in their home. Outside of that, I'll carry where ever I'm legally allowed without regard to what others think.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

BlueMerle wrote:This is just my opinion and not a comment on what others do.

I don't take kindly to those that carry in my home without first notifying me and getting my permission. (My close friends with CHLs already have permission to carry anytime in my home, as I do in theirs.) And in turn I don't carry in someone else's home without doing the same.

Now, I live in DFW and as a result of various social and business relationships there are often people I don't know or know only slightly that come into my home. And I often enter others homes under similar circumstances. There are also people that are anti-gun or just not comfortable with others carrying in their home. ( I don't have to agree with them on this issue to do business with them or enjoy the occasional social event.)

Regardless of what the law says, I'll control what goes on in my home and will grant others the right to do the same in their home. Outside of that, I'll carry where ever I'm legally allowed without regard to what others think.
That starts to let a lot of people know that don't need to know. If you're okay with that then that's your choice. Over the years the number of people that know I carry has expanded, but is still somewhat small and usually limited to other CHLs. I will often wait until they make some comment indicating they carry or they just flat out say it. Sometimes, even then, I don't reciprocate that I do and am at that very moment.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

BlueMerle wrote:This is just my opinion and not a comment on what others do.

Interesting. I prefer to find another venue, other than my home, for people I "don't know or know only slightly".

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”