New guy with Question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lubbock1911
Posts in topic: 1

New guy with Question

Post by Lubbock1911 »

I am ready to apply for a CHL. I know I must submit my criminal record and found where the DPS site to get that. The problem I have is where to get the disposition of the charges. Back 30 years ago I worked in the oil field we were a rowdy group and all drank like fishes. As such, I have a PI and DWI conviction that I did probation and community service for. Now at 62 drinking 3 beers and I get a hung over.

The DWI was in Bryan but did my probation in Lubbock county. Where do I start? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Teamless

Re: New guy with Question

Post by Teamless »

Contact the County Clerk in Bryan as a starting point as that is where the arrest was.
If they cannot find it, ask them who to contact next
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Since the offenses were misdemeanor and over 5 years old you should not have any trouble just mention them in your application it should go thru if not more research will be needed.
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

crewsn

Post by crewsn »

tommyg wrote:Since the offenses were misdemeanor and over 5 years old you should not have any trouble just mention them in your application it should go thru if not more research will be needed.
^
^
this is correct, exactly what i did. i had my plastic in hand in just less than a month. all my "issues" were well over 10 years old and no paper work was needed. just a brief description was all that i provided.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”