What happens if you're carrying and the president pops in?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What happens if you're carrying and the president pops i

Post by cb1000rider »

Cedar Park Dad wrote: That still happens. I know, I've been caught in it when he was in Houston on a fundraiser, shut the whole downtown down.
What? You missed all the fun in Austin this week? Lots of streets shut down for lunches and some shut downs over by my office for political fundraisers. I heard there were some great photos of the 360 bridge taken in the afternoon with absolutely zero traffic.

The TFR no-fly zones are equally annoying when they're between point A and point B.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My room mate in college was at a urinal in the Men's toilet room in the student union when, bam, the toilet room door is suddenly opened. Two serious men in dark suits come in and check every thing. My room mate stays at the urinal dumb founded. Then Hubert Humphrey comes in and goes up to the urinal right next to him. My room mate just stares at him. Mr. Humphrey says, "yes son, we have to go to the bathroom too" After they both washed up, he shook his hand and left.

George W after he left office was coming to a building next door to mine. I had found out and wanted to take a photo. A serious man in a dark suit was standing at the front door a half an hour before the arrival. I asked how close could I stand to take a picture. I didn't even mention who or why. He said "stand on the other side of that hedgerow" it was about 60 feet away. So I stood behind a low hedge and fence, looking very much like I did when I stood a few years ago in the parking lot on top of the grassy knoll with the low wood fence across from Dealy Plaza in Dallas. It felt and looked very odd, but that was the order. The president arrived and was whisked directly inside. I only saw his back, so I waited for his meeting to be over and got him coming out, I waved and shouted and he waved back. Got that photo. :patriot:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

If BHO were to enter a restaurant that I was in, I would probably leave anyway. He would ruin my appetite.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cb1000rider wrote:
Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:seems how obummer has no concept of the constitution I would say heck no and i'd be leaving.
I seriously doubt that this SS policy is unique to the Obama administration. If you're talking about a general protest, I get it.

My guess is that they're pre-screening, you'd be given an opportunity to secure it or be asked to leave. A quick google search turns of a variety of policies dealing with less high ranking US officials and the Secret Service.

I don't know how offended I'd be by being asked to put it away or leave.. That's much less invasive than shutting down the roads that the president travels on. Or the No-fly zone that was present over airports surrounding austin...
I'd be happy to leave. The BBQ hasn't been cooked that is worth the heartburn that a combination of Obama and SS thugs would give me.

As soon as they walk in and announce what they're there for, I stand up and say, "may I leave right now? I don't need this hassle." I'm totally happy to let the lawyers sort it out later if they stop me from leaving without cause.

you wouldn't get anywhere, trust me. I can guarantee they had traffic locked down tight as drum, at least at the bbq and pool joints they had a/c. In your car you would have been burning gas.

I remember when my oldest was a baby Clinton decided to visit Sunnyvale, we weren't warned. I ended up on the street with a screaming baby and a visitor! in the middle of the road, I moved the guest to the driver's seat, I moved to the back and unlatched her and started nursing.....I figured I'd put her back in the seat if we ever got moving again, we sat there for hours, we could have walked home quicker....I think I have PTSD from presidential motorcades now....if I hear they are within 300 miles of me, I stay off the road, you can only hear your baby screaming for so long before you loose it. :mad5 never did like that man...neither does my daughter for some reason :???: Oh, and they finally started moving traffic when he was late to whatever he was suppose to be going to! really? :headscratch all that and he wasn't even around!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

In the early 1970's, Nixon decided to visit K-State (prompting KU to dub us "Nixon's favorite High School" :grumble )

Anyway, for a couple of weeks before the visit, the campus was crawling with Secret Service. In order to blend in with the college crowd, they were apparently allowed to take off their jackets. So, yeah, a bunch of older men, with short hair, wearing white shirts and ties blended well with a bunch of younger, long-haired kids in tie-died t-shirts.

My buddy recorded his speech, and also picked up my running commentary (not complementary). The Republican Students brought in signs, which were strictly forbidden.

That's the only time I've been in the same room with a president.

Nixon and I have since settled our differences. :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Selina Kyle

Post by Selina Kyle »

I went to high school with Daniel Webb, who is quoted in the article! He is the one that fist-bumped Obama at Franklin's. I had not read this thread yet, and I got a text from my BFF that had the picture. Figured I'd better read up!
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RetNavy »

I would do to Pres. Obama the same thing I did to Pres. Clinton when the military did a Pass in Review for him when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor.... turned my back on him and walked away...
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

RPBrown wrote:If BHO were to enter a restaurant that I was in, I would probably leave anyway. He would ruin my appetite.
:iagree:
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

graham cracker

Post by graham cracker »

anygunanywhere wrote:The constitution does not apply to everyone. You know, RKBA, freedom of assembly, unlawful search and seizure, all that miscellaneous stuff. It is after all, for the tyrant.

Anygunanywhere
That's what his Supreme Stooges say. Some people think that means the Second Amendment doesn't say what it clearly says. When I was a child I thought the Emperor's New Clothes was a work of fiction. Now I'm not sure.
"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

I would probably be in jail or dead as I would leave or cuss her out so bad the gestapo would try and lock me up, then the merde would defiantly hit the ventilatuer hard and the 40 mins of cussing isn't acceptable here so I wont go into it but suffice it to say that a sailor would blush during my tirade and the current liar in office would also turn red from either embarrassment or anger, probably the former until someone told her what I meant :evil2:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RetNavy wrote:I would do to Pres. Obama the same thing I did to Pres. Clinton when the military did a Pass in Review for him when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor.... turned my back on him and walked away...

I understand your disdain. How did that go over? Any repercussions?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

mojo84 wrote:
RetNavy wrote:I would do to Pres. Obama the same thing I did to Pres. Clinton when the military did a Pass in Review for him when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor.... turned my back on him and walked away...

I understand your disdain. How did that go over? Any repercussions?
no repercussions.... all the brass all fawning over him and Hillary
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I'd try to leave whether I was armed or not. In truth I have no desire to meet a person such as he is. I'd rather sit in traffic for 4 hours than sit in a restaurant with him.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The thought of actually being in the same room with the tyrant in chief makes vomit rise up in my throat.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”