Topic author
steve817
Posts in topic: 2

First Time seeing this

Post by steve817 »

AMC Theater Eastchase in Fort Worth
Attachments
signs.jpg
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

carlson1

Re: First Time seeing this

Post by carlson1 »

I have not been to a Theater since 1973, but I thought I have read on the Forum that all of the AMC Theaters are properly posted.

Eastchase is listed on Texas30.06.com:
http://www.texas3006.com/view.php?poste ... 30.06+Sign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RottenApple »

I've not been to a single theater, AMC included, that is properly posted. Every one that I've been to has either had nothing more than a gun buster or signs whose lettering is obviously less than 1" high. AMC posts on one 8.5 x 11 inch paper which is obviously non-compliant. Indeed, if you look at the Texas3006.com entry you can see that it's not a valid posting.
Last edited by RottenApple on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

carlson1 wrote:.... read on the Forum that all of the AMC Theaters are IMproperly posted.
I edited your comment! :mrgreen: :tiphat:

Here is a crummy old cell phone picture of the same sign I took at the Humble AMC that makes it clear the sign is not even CLOSE to being the correct size.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Interesting. Wife and I went to AMC Grapevine last night and didn't see a compliant 30.06 sign. I saw something at ankle level as I was walking in, but couldn't read it due to the letters being so small and the placement. I hope I won't be the test case. I've seen these ankle level signs at most of the AMC's I've been to in Texas recently. Someday, maybe I'll get my reading glasses out.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Wow, that photo almost gave me a seizure...

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

A quarter is .954 in. Are the letters larger than a quarter?

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sugar land dave »

If an officer were called, would he have a tape measure on hand to measure the letters and would he even try? Though the AMC theater nearby uses a tiny 6" x 8" sign on their doors, I do not grace them with my money. I have found a theater with good quality and quieter audiences with just a 20 minuite drive to a smaller town. Oh, I almost forgot, I passed the word around to my friends, and they now take their familes to the other theater too.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

cowhow

Post by cowhow »

ScottDLS wrote: I hope I won't be the test case.
If the sign isn't constructed correctly with proper font and verbiage it's transparent to me. There's a couple of recent threads here about repealing the 30.06 law. I don't see that happening but, theaters naivete needs to be pointed out to them. The simple fact that criminals are criminals by definition of being lawbreakers and 30.06 signs won't change that isn't new. Decriminalize 30.06 and expand our ability to carry gets my vote.
sugar land dave wrote: I do not grace them with my money..
Couldn't agree more. I think in the big picture we're at an economical disadvantage due our small percentage of the general populace. IMO - businesses either let me carry or provide security to and from my car. I got into an email debate with a PR rep with Simon Malls owner of Grapevine Mills about their no gun policy. Needless to say it was a dead end discussion.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jumping Frog wrote:
carlson1 wrote:.... read on the Forum that all of the AMC Theaters are IMproperly posted.
I edited your comment! :mrgreen: :tiphat:

Here is a crummy old cell phone picture of the same sign I took at the Humble AMC that makes it clear the sign is not even CLOSE to being the correct size.
[ Image ]
Thank You. :tiphat:

Topic author
steve817

Post by steve817 »

I was confused because it was posted next to the unlicensed carry sign.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Unicorn Rancher

Post by Unicorn Rancher »

steve817 wrote:I was confused because it was posted next to the unlicensed carry sign.
TABC says "Gun Sign: BLUE" for license # MB858406.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

sugar land dave wrote:If an officer were called, would he have a tape measure on hand to measure the letters and would he even try? Though the AMC theater nearby uses a tiny 6" x 8" sign on their doors, I do not grace them with my money. I have found a theater with good quality and quieter audiences with just a 20 minuite drive to a smaller town. Oh, I almost forgot, I passed the word around to my friends, and they now take their familes to the other theater too.
Among the things I almost always carry is a tape measure (and my ever present multi-tool has a ruler on it), but I am not sure that I would even attempt to have the officer measure it, that would just be building a case for him that you saw the sign and knew what it meant. I think what I would do is let the officer do his thing, particularly in light of the many videos of officers not caring about citations of the law from the general public, while documenting everything, and then go back and document the sign, and go off to court.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SQLGeek »

sugar land dave wrote:If an officer were called, would he have a tape measure on hand to measure the letters and would he even try? Though the AMC theater nearby uses a tiny 6" x 8" sign on their doors, I do not grace them with my money. I have found a theater with good quality and quieter audiences with just a 20 minuite drive to a smaller town. Oh, I almost forgot, I passed the word around to my friends, and they now take their familes to the other theater too.
I prefer Cinemark or Star Cinema Grill, neither of which have any kind of attempt at a 30.06 posting. AMC is over priced and the one in First Colony was rather dumpy looking despite the steep ticket prices.

With young children we don't get a chance to go to the movies much anyways and I'm to the point I'd just assume watch a movie on our own TV.
Psalm 91:2

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

At home: Large flat screen, high quality T.V., Netflix and Dish Satellite selections, high quality sound system, all capable of being paused so you may get something to eat, or whatever. And, no strangers to bother you.

Vs. A larger screen at a movie theatre, a bit better sound, with no chance to pause for a break, people speaking at high volume as if they're in their own living room and feel privileged to push the back of your seat to exercise their knees, cough without covering their virus infected mouths. Plus, you have the added inconvenience of driving to get there and pay for the privilege to get in. Blech! And that's just a few of the reasons you couldn't pay me to go to a movie theatre.

I'm surprised movie theatre's still exist.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”