Went to a posted place tonight.....

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Went to a posted place tonight.....

Post by Blindref757 »

Sooo glad that I have a non-corporate theater to do business with. The owner has been quoted on the local news that he welcomes CHL holders and wants his theaters full of good guys with guns! This place has a packed parking lot every night and weekend!

sooperdooper
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sooperdooper »

03Lightningrocks wrote:The sign does not meet the legal criteria. It might as well be a gun buster sign. I walk right past it.
I agree.

The law tells me where I can and cannot carry. It also states exact specifications for the 30.06 sign. It's not my problem they don't understand the law. If I don't understand a part of the law and I am confused if I can carry or not, I either don't enter or disarm. If they can't read the rules for the sign, they may as well not put one up.
46 days MB to MB

Topic author
Taurus.40
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Taurus.40 »

Fortunately there are 2 theaters near me. I don't like this particular one but the movie time was the only one we could make. I went to the better one (Tinseltown) earlier in the day and it's not posted.
NRA member

remington79

Post by remington79 »

As I have gotten older and moved to a state with good firearm laws I have become more uncompromising about my rights, especially after what I have seen in the news about states such as New York and Connecticut. Right now I live in a free state that has no signage laws. There have been no problems and no one complains including property and business owners.

It's a good compromise for gun owners and business owners. There are no specific signs that have to be posted. However, signs DO NOT carry the force of law so if you walk on past you don't get in trouble. If the property owner see you have a firearm they can then ask you to leave. If you don't then you can get charged with trespassing. It's a win/win. Property owners can post their stores and people who carry don't become an automatic criminal.

The Founding Fathers recognized that self defense is a God given inherit right. On another note I have not seen a single place up here that is posted.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

tobasco

Post by tobasco »

remington79 wrote: Right now I live in a free state that has no signage laws.
must be nice. :tiphat:

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

All I'm going to say is this: Movie theaters are on the list of places I will NOT visit unarmed.

Posted "gun free" zones make for sitting ducks. I'm not a duck.
Chuckybrown

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blindref757 »

Movies go from $20 to $2 six months after they are released. I'd rather watch them in bed...snuggled up to my wife with an adult beverage in hand.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Blindref757 wrote:Movies go from $20 to $2 six months after they are released. I'd rather watch them in bed...snuggled up to my wife with an adult beverage in hand.
It's kinda' hard to drink while in bed; otherwise, I definitely agree. I think the last time we went to the picture show was to see, "OPEN RANGE". The time before that was to see, "TITANIC". How long ago was that?

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

We were used to no frills base theaters where the best part was standing at attention for the National Anthem, now we go to one armed with our CH, that has leather seats, tray tables, and waiters that bring you your food that you order from your chair. I have to bring my friends and family there too. They love it! :cheers2:

I dread the day they put 30.06 up, I check every time and exhale in relief when it's not there. We love going to the movies there.

And to the OP, I would NOT have entered with my CH. time to find another theater.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

Oldgringo wrote:The time before that was to see, "TITANIC". How long ago was that?
The movie or the ship?
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

gringo pistolero wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:The time before that was to see, "TITANIC". How long ago was that?
The movie or the ship?
:smilelol5:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”