You know you're very comfortable carrying when...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You know you're very comfortable carrying when...

Post by chasfm11 »

.... you stand in front of a church congregation of more than 400, playing a musical instrument in just a dress shirt and slacks. When you can concentrate on reading your music under the lights and the gaze of so many with a pistol and a spare mag, you know the concealed really is concealed.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

I wear my SA 1911 Lightweight Compact in an inexpensive Don Hume OWB holster.

Frankly my dear, I'm not concerned if the muzzle might peek out beneath the shirt or jacket. It doesn't look any different than the gazillion cell phones, belt knives/tools that we all see all day and night long on our fellow bipeds. It's not a big deal because nobody cares and nobody notices.

Er,...uh, YMMV. :leaving

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

. . . you're standing in the security line at the airport and absentmindedly rest your hand on your gun! :eek6

Chas.

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MotherBear »

airborned wrote:
MotherBear wrote:I've taken naps wearing mine. I really forget it's there.

My 5-year-old and 3-year-old sons go around with squirt guns stuck in their waistbands and/or pockets trying to be like Mommy. Clearly they need to save up their allowance for a good Crossbreed. ;)
lol :iagree: though i like Whitehat
I'm not picky, as long as they learn that a holster isn't optional before they start using real guns. ;)

They're getting pop guns for Christmas... likely to drive me crazy, but they'll love 'em. I figure I'll have to make them slings to carry them with. The 5yo likes to set up a Nerf shooting range with his Daddy (a few Rudy's cups on the couch) and he religiously follows the four rules when they're shooting at their "range." I got a real kick out of it once when my husband cleared the Nerf gun and set it on the ground pointing downrange then asked my son to go reset the targets. He started to take a step downrange, then stopped in his tracks and said, "Well, I WOULD, but I don't think it would be a good idea to walk in front of a gun," with a meaningful look at the Nerf gun and at my husband. :smilelol5: Makes me feel good to know he's already thinking about safety before he gets out on a real range.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I LOVE the safety mindset of your youngster! Way to gom Mom and Dad! :tiphat:

You now your comfortable carrying when you present in front of about 70 people on Shooting Sports safety and you are in jeans and a tucked shirt. 9mm M&P compact at my side, and after the 2 hour presentation a friend came up and said "I can't believe you aren't carrying." I just smiled and thanked CompTac and AG Gun leather for their fine products!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:. . . you're standing in the security line at the airport and absentmindedly rest your hand on your gun! :eek6

Chas.

That's a classic. I can imagine the elevated heart rate as one looks about for an escape route.
III

MotherBear
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MotherBear »

... when your 4-year-old Sunday school class gets some time on a bouncy house and you decide to kick off your shoes and join them. :woohoo

brhalltx

Post by brhalltx »

...you're standing in line at the court house to go through security and realize you have something you were supposed to leave in the car. And have to run up multiple flights of stairs back to your car. In Houston. In the summer. :nono:

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:. . . you're standing in the security line at the airport and absentmindedly rest your hand on your gun! :eek6

Chas.
Right!

I got back in the truck the other day after mailing a package and told Mrs. Oldgringo that I'd just broken all sorts of laws. I just forgot. :leaving

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

... when you walk into a professional sporting event and realize you are carrying as the guy with the wand waves you through and picks the 10 year old boy who is next in line.

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:... when you walk into a professional sporting event and realize you are carrying as the guy with the wand waves you through and picks the 10 year old boy who is next in line.
That's the point at which I would become very uncomfortable.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

CHLLady wrote:You bake Christmas cookies and forget you are carrying. :mrgreen:

Your turn!
When you cook supper because you are rained indoors all day & sweet wife is still at her day job.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

goose

Post by goose »

When you are more diligent about arming than you are about checking for 30.06. I am not proud of it but I do occasionally stand inside an establishment and cringe when I realize that I never even thought to check the door on the way in. With my favorite holsters and my favorite shorts/pants/belts, I often forget that I'm carrying.

It is annoying when the clothes don't fit just right and it is constantly a reminder of the extra weight/tighter fit.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

When you get to the door of Post Office and have to turn around real fast.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

TEXASGIANT

Post by TEXASGIANT »

End of the day, feet up on the corner of the desk, keyboard in lap, glass of wine at hand, checking posts on TexasCHLforum.com.
9 Y.O. grand daughter comes over to hug me good night. But she has the forethought to pat me down so she doesn't get a tooth knocked out. I often wear a N.A.A. Black Widow .22MAG around my neck.
Optional scenario: She, 9 Y.O. Grand daughter charges me as I enter the door at the end of day. She screeches to a halt arms length from me and asks "You packin?" "Loose the iron!" then move in for the hug.
(I can't imagine where she gets it from.)
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”