Motorcycle parking lot

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Motorcycle parking lot

Post by tommyg »

I ride a motorcycle the parking lot law says inside a locked vehicle. If I put my gun in one of those
lock boxes and chain it to the bike will this suffice for being in a locked vehicle ??????? :???:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

RJGold

Re: Motorcycle carry

Post by RJGold »

There's been a lot of discussion related to this question on this site in the past few months (you can search motorcycle carry on the forum)...

I'm not a lawyer but I have locked my pistol in a Nanovault placed it in my saddle bag and locked it to my bike with the cable. I only do this in a pinch and only when I will be within sight of my bike.

Others may have a better view of the actual legal answer to your question.

My two cents...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

jmra

Re: Motorcycle parking lot

Post by jmra »

I've owned a number of bikes that had some type of lockable compartment big enough for a handgun. If it didn't I would add hardcover saddlebags with locks.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

If any of you ride a Harley there's always Console Vault.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Ropin

Post by Ropin »

I know a guy who bought a used bike with a pretty genius safe on it....

There is a soft sided cooler bolted to the luggage rack. Bolted inside said cooler is a small safe. If you invest in a decent safe, the fact that it's zipped inside a lunchbox and not visible adds a pretty neat degree of concealment. Out of sight, out of mind.

Do I think it's foolproof? No. But it's better than nothing, or an in plain sight screaming "Valuables inside! Look in here!"
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

SlowDave

Post by SlowDave »

Ahh, the beauty of hard saddlebags that lock and lock onto the bike. Again, not an impenetrable fortress, but a little security and a lot of "not expecting anything in there" goes a long way. I do that all the time for the "locked in vehicle" and assume it's okay. Without hard bags, I'd try putting it in one of the compartments someone else mentioned. Nearly every bike has some kind of small underseat stowage for tools or what-have you, that locks with the seat. Bad part of that is when you stop and take off the seat and need to stow your weapon if anyone is around. Good luck!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”