Gov. Perry wants total gun freedom story at 10

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RyanZX759
Posts in topic: 1

re:

Post by RyanZX759 »

I don't know much about Rick Perry other than he is doing the right thing by speaking out. However, those politicians in the East just are not in touch with their communities.

KD5NRH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KD5NRH »

tornado wrote:Bring it on. Then the next thing to work toward will be making CHL holders a protected class so you couldn't be fired for carrying at work.
Will we then start having CHL pride parades all the time?

John R. Fuller

While were at it...

Post by John R. Fuller »

I think that now we are a vocal part of the tax paying voters, we should also press for open carry. I know that some object to it, but I would like to see it legal as well. Thank You
John R. Fuller
I am not the first or the last...

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Time to express our thanks.

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Letters, calls and emails to your Senator and Representative asking them to support Governor Perry’s call for removing restriction CHL’s could also prove helpful.

We need to create a groundswell of support for this concept.

Chas.
:iagree:

A surge now, will carry well in making this a very nice thing for us in 2009...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

tornado
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tornado »

KD5NRH wrote:
tornado wrote:Bring it on. Then the next thing to work toward will be making CHL holders a protected class so you couldn't be fired for carrying at work.
Will we then start having CHL pride parades all the time?
:smilelol5:

:txflag: :party: :txflag: :party: :txflag: :party: :txflag: :party: :fire

austin

Post by austin »

Here is another approach.

Are firms that Prohibit CHL persons from entering putting themselves at greater risk than those who don't?

On a purely actuarial basis it would seem that if crimes go down by half when there is CCW, then it would stand to reason that locations that prohibit CCW are higher risk areas and must pay for a rider to prohibit CHL.

Furthermore, by prohibiting CCW, is the firm not creating a known dangerous situation by disarming people?

frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

austin wrote:Here is another approach.

Are firms that Prohibit CHL persons from entering putting themselves at greater risk than those who don't?

On a purely actuarial basis it would seem that if crimes go down by half when there is CCW, then it would stand to reason that locations that prohibit CCW are higher risk areas and must pay for a rider to prohibit CHL.

Furthermore, by prohibiting CCW, is the firm not creating a known dangerous situation by disarming people?
I suspect that the statistics compiled by DPS comparing crime committed by CHL'ers with total crime could be used to argue that case.

I have actually gone so far as to instruct my family to file suit against my employer in the event that I am killed in a criminal attack while travelling to and from work. My employer bans guns from its premesis AND parking facilities. Since we're in an office park, there is no other place to park EXCEPT the company facility. So in the unlikely event that I am attacked while travelling to and from work - unarmed (due to my following company policy), I want my estate to hold the company financially responsible.

I realize that this would be a tough suit to win, but that's what good lawyers are for I guess.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”