30.06 at Gun Shows

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 24

Re: 30.06 at Gun Shows

Post by nightmare69 »

I been to gun shows in the DFW area that were all posted. I've never been to one that wasn't.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

I wouldn't go to a movie theater with a 30.06 sign and I sure as shooting wouldn't go to a gun show with a 30.06 sign.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

The Houston show this weekend was not posted, but you were required to unload your handgun and have it inspected by the duty LEO.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RottenApple »

oohrah wrote:The Houston show this weekend was not posted, but you were required to unload your handgun and have it inspected by the duty LEO.
Not posted? What handgun? :coolgleamA:

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

oohrah wrote:The Houston show this weekend was not posted, but you were required to unload your handgun and have it inspected by the duty LEO.
What's the difference there? Might as well have the sign up if that's the case. What good is it to have multiple people unloading their weapons at the front door? Seems like a ND waiting to happen. :headscratch
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Yeah that is must better than having to disarm.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Wes

Post by Wes »

How can you be required to unload something that they don't know about? I'd walk right past the officers.

Interestingly enough, I went to the Ft Worth gun show today and the entrance as you come out of the elevators was not posted.

Did see a non polymer AR 556 for only $659!!! Though
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dirthawking »

Wes wrote:How can you be required to unload something that they don't know about? I'd walk right past the officers.

Interestingly enough, I went to the Ft Worth gun show today and the entrance as you come out of the elevators was not posted.

Did see a non polymer AR 556 for only $659!!! Though

You walked right past two signs to get to the elevators. One on the side walk, and one before the elevators. Guess they were not displayed in a conspicuous manner...
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Wes

Post by Wes »

Nope, I entered through the lower level garage strait to the middle level at the bottom of the escalators. entered where the atm is and there was No sign anywhere in sight.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

tboesche

Post by tboesche »

I went to the FTW this past weekend. Picked up a Taurus TCP for 200.00 Ammo prices were flat nuts. 550 round boxes of Federal 22LR for 124.00 bucks, and I saw people buy them.

Rule 5 of my 10 rules for life. You cant fix stupid!
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I don't go to a lot of gun shows, but when I do the ammo prices are always high. In over 12 years now I have never seen a good or even a fair price on ammo. I've never even seen anything close to Walmart or even a little gun shop's prices.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Longview gun show at Modd Cobb going on this weekend. My buddy went and said it was posted while in a city owned building.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Most of the gun shows in Texas are the same bunch traveling from city to city. They either post 30.06 signs and have off-duty LEOs unloading & zip-tying guns or just have the off-duty LEOs doing their thing. The majority of these traveling circuses are held on municipal property, making their 30.06 signs unenforceable. If you carried past whatever setup they have and were discovered, I imagine that the most that would happen would be a ride to jail. I seriously doubt that a DA (even the most ardent anti-gun DA) would try to prosecute. After all, these guys live & die by their conviction rates.

All that being said, the whole process could be lengthy, time consuming, and would still cost at least a significant amount of money.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

TexasCajun wrote:Most of the gun shows in Texas are the same bunch traveling from city to city. They either post 30.06 signs and have off-duty LEOs unloading & zip-tying guns or just have the off-duty LEOs doing their thing. The majority of these traveling circuses are held on municipal property, making their 30.06 signs unenforceable.
That's a good analogy. Twenty years ago there were a lot of good deals at gun shows. In the past ten years, good deals are few and far between. Plus these promoters don't like the idea of concealed carry by the common people. They really have become a lot like carnies, and the suckers who pay to get in are marks.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 7

Post by cb1000rider »

Gun show in Cedar Park this weekend @ Cedar Park Center:
http://www.cedarparkcenter.com/events/d ... gun-show-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to be the standard deal. City owner property. Event promoter is posting 30.06 (at least on 4/2013).

According to their facebook page:
... all gun shows in the state of Texas, including ours, are posted 30.06 and is a condition of entry. All guns must be unloaded and tied and all magazines must be empty
I haven't gone to a gun show in about 20 years. I've got friends that want to go to this one. Apparently the "policy" at the event is to have people disarm at the door... I'm not sure how that is any more legal.

Good guy city PD in Houston banned their officers from enforcing "house rules" that ran contrary to state law:
http://blog.chron.com/houstonpolitics/2 ... rity-jobs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kudos to HPD..
So they used the Sheriffs office instead...

Anyone actually been hassled at one of these shows? I know concealed = concealed.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”