Born out of country, Consular birth certificate is fine

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mth91
Posts in topic: 1

Born out of country, Consular birth certificate is fine

Post by mth91 »

Just wanted to help anyone with questions about the BOC documents. I called up the DPS and asked if just a consular birth certificate is fine with no other BOC docs and they said it was fine. That was a month ago, now my background check is complete for assurance.

(Brit born to American parents. Dual citizenship.)

Beiruty

Re: Born out of country, Consular birth certificate is fine

Post by Beiruty »

If you are a US citizen, you do not needed anything. BOC is for immigrant with green card. I sent a copy of my green card and it was go on initial CHL and the renewal.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Beiruty wrote:If you are a US citizen, you do not needed anything. BOC is for immigrant with green card. I sent a copy of my green card and it was go on initial CHL and the renewal.
I am a US citizen. I was born to US parents on an US Airbase (Frankfurt) and I have to send in my Born Aboard documentation everytime. I find this funny since they should have it, or the notation, kept on file. It's not like I can be born from somewhere else now. I've asked them a few times and they always say to send it in. Don't have to send in fingerprints or photos but have to continue to send in BA documentation.

Not a big deal, just find it amusing.

stealthcrf

Post by stealthcrf »

Same here, US consular report of birth abroad.

I got delayed a couple of months on my initial application because there was nothing that said US citizens needed any kind of proof. Big pain if you ask me. Not sure if they notify you that it is needed now, but I wish they had then. But yes, the form is fine (and I know why it seems weird, there is very little info on it other than name and date.)

Daisy Cutter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daisy Cutter »

I'm doing my first renewal, online. I was born out of country, and became a US citizen around 41 years ago. There was no hassle when getting original TX CHL.

Now the required items checklist says "Born out of Country Documents".

My birth certificate is in Spanish. I can scan it I guess but then what.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Beiruty wrote:If you are a US citizen, you do not needed anything. BOC is for immigrant with green card. I sent a copy of my green card and it was go on initial CHL and the renewal.

Daisy Cutter

Post by Daisy Cutter »

OK looks like a copy of passport will do. Will report if this does not work.

Thanks

Cutter

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

From the horse's mouth. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/InternetFo ... CHL-40.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mth91 wrote:Just wanted to help anyone with questions about the BOC documents. I called up the DPS and asked if just a consular birth certificate is fine with no other BOC docs and they said it was fine. That was a month ago, now my background check is complete for assurance.

(Brit born to American parents. Dual citizenship.)
American, born to an American Father and French mother, in Morocco, when it was a French protectorate. I've had dual American/French citizenship from birth. In fact, I just spoke with my mother about an hour ago about it because she is sending me a copy of the Livrette de Famille and some other documents, proving my French citizenship relevant to some estate business I have to take care of.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

The Annoyed Man wrote:American, born to an American Father and French mother, in Morocco, when it was a French protectorate. I've had dual American/French citizenship from birth. In fact, I just spoke with my mother about an hour ago about it because she is sending me a copy of the Livrette de Famille and some other documents, proving my French citizenship relevant to some estate business I have to take care of.
Cool story bro. Did you get one of these?

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bizarrenormality wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:American, born to an American Father and French mother, in Morocco, when it was a French protectorate. I've had dual American/French citizenship from birth. In fact, I just spoke with my mother about an hour ago about it because she is sending me a copy of the Livrette de Famille and some other documents, proving my French citizenship relevant to some estate business I have to take care of.
Cool story bro. Did you get one of these?

[ Image ]
LOL. Actually, I AM getting one of those. . . . . "rlol"

The deal is this. . . . .my mother owns two pieces of property in France — an apartment in Paris, and a 350 year old farmhouse in the Haute Charentes. She is 88 years old and getting concerned about her estate. If she passes away and my brothers and I do not have French citizenship, the taxes on the French properties will be HUGE, and as long as we're not citizens, she can't gift them to us. However, if we have citizenship, she can gift us the properties before she dies, and there will be no taxes to pay on her death.

The thing is, the French Embassy in DC tells me that in order to get my French ID card, I have to go to the French consulate in Houston. That means that The Annoyed Woman and I are going to have to drive down there some time in the next couple of months, and THAT means that I have to look some of you PSC members up to go shooting with and then have BBQ afterwards.

Darn all those details.

And to the OP, I gave the DPS a photocopy of an ancient photocopy of my Certificate of Live birth issued by the American Consul in Casablanca on 10/9/1952, 4 days after my birth, and that was good enough for them.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”