Posts in topic: 2

Re: COSTCO Gun Policy

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am a bit curious about the Las Vegas ban also. :???:

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dragonfighter »

OT, personally I can't imagine they are very serious about enforcing that rule or for that matter the customers having knowledge of it. Neither the Membership Terms, Welcome Brochure or FAQ's even mention firearms, weapons, handguns, etc. This blog explains the hopelessly convoluted steps one must follow to find the policy, and that is when you KNOW what you are looking for.

So to the moral, not legal, question. Egain.net appears to be a legitimate third party IT contractor, that said there is no navigation directly to the link from either the Costco site or Egain.net. So the question becomes, is Costco even aware that this "policy" is being disseminated as "their official policy?" And following is the question, since the "policy" is so difficult to find that virtually none would find it without being provided a direct link, what moral imperative is being violated by following the terms as they are presented and entering where no legal notice has been given? How's that for a run on sentence?
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by wgoforth »

Dragonfighter wrote:OT, personally I can't imagine they are very serious about enforcing that rule or for that matter the customers having knowledge of it. Neither the Membership Terms, Welcome Brochure or FAQ's even mention firearms, weapons, handguns, etc. This blog explains the hopelessly convoluted steps one must follow to find the policy, and that is when you KNOW what you are looking for.

So to the moral, not legal, question. Egain.net appears to be a legitimate third party IT contractor, that said there is no navigation directly to the link from either the Costco site or Egain.net. So the question becomes, is Costco even aware that this "policy" is being disseminated as "their official policy?" And following is the question, since the "policy" is so difficult to find that virtually none would find it without being provided a direct link, what moral imperative is being violated by following the terms as they are presented and entering where no legal notice has been given? How's that for a run on sentence?
Yes, each store is aware of the policy. In the Erik Scott matter of Las Vegas, he was told no guns were allowed in store. If you google Costco gun policy, you will find on forums people writing to their local stores asking what the gun policy is, with being told that Costco has a no-gun policy. While it is stupid to ask a business such, it shows management is aware.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

emcee rib

Post by emcee rib »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I am a bit curious about the Las Vegas ban also. :???:
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

emcee rib wrote:
http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link! Wow... That is crazy! :tiphat:

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jmorris »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
emcee rib wrote:
Thanks for the link! Wow... That is crazy! :tiphat:
About the time all this was happening the Women And Guns message board went silent with a "The message board is offline while we deal with some copyright issues" message. It's been, what, year and a half now and it's still not back. Their latest web site redesign seems to have dropped the message board completely. I know even after being warned they didn't crack down on posters posting entire articles.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

wgoforth wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:OT, personally I can't imagine they are very serious about enforcing that rule or for that matter the customers having knowledge of it. Neither the Membership Terms, Welcome Brochure or FAQ's even mention firearms, weapons, handguns, etc. This blog explains the hopelessly convoluted steps one must follow to find the policy, and that is when you KNOW what you are looking for.<SNIP>
Yes, each store is aware of the policy. In the Erik Scott matter of Las Vegas, he was told no guns were allowed in store. If you google Costco gun policy, you will find on forums people writing to their local stores asking what the gun policy is, with being told that Costco has a no-gun policy. While it is stupid to ask a business such, it shows management is aware.
Okay, that shows the management is aware of it so now I am wondering why it is buried so deep in the process that if you do not ask, you'll never know. There has to be some repercussions for such deception, for it is most definitely deceptive.
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by wgoforth »

Dragonfighter wrote:
wgoforth wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:OT, personally I can't imagine they are very serious about enforcing that rule or for that matter the customers having knowledge of it. Neither the Membership Terms, Welcome Brochure or FAQ's even mention firearms, weapons, handguns, etc. This blog explains the hopelessly convoluted steps one must follow to find the policy, and that is when you KNOW what you are looking for.<SNIP>
Okay, that shows the management is aware of it so now I am wondering why it is buried so deep in the process that if you do not ask, you'll never know. There has to be some repercussions for such deception, for it is most definitely deceptive.
:iagree:
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

Does this mean I can't go back to a Costco Hearing Aid center for service? I think not. :roll:

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Oldgringo wrote:Does this mean I can't go back to a Costco Hearing Aid center for service? I think not. :roll:
You can always claim you didn't hear them when they said, "No Guns." :smilelol5:

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

Oldgringo wrote:Does this mean I can't go back to a Costco Hearing Aid center for service? I think not. :roll:
Only if you receive valid notice according to the laws of whatever state you're in.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

recaffeination wrote:
Only if you receive valid notice according to the laws of whatever state you're in.
Huh?

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Oldgringo wrote:
recaffeination wrote: whatever state you're in.
Huh?
I'm guess this.

When in doubt
Vote them out!

dac1842
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dac1842 »

Well here is another angle. I did not read every post here so forgive me if this was raised already. While COSTCO might not have the proper signage up at their locations, would not your acceptance of the terms of membership constitute effective notice? It seems to me, and I am not a lawyer, your acceptance of the membership terms would be enough to prosecute. Charles?

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

dac1842 wrote:Well here is another angle. I did not read every post here so forgive me if this was raised already. While COSTCO might not have the proper signage up at their locations, would not your acceptance of the terms of membership constitute effective notice? It seems to me, and I am not a lawyer, your acceptance of the membership terms would be enough to prosecute. Charles?
Go back and read the entire thread. This has already been discussed that there is nothing in the agreement you sign stating or membership terms about no guns.

And, in Texas, the only way you would be illegally carrying is if the notice about no firearms was in the same text as 30.06 in the agreement you read and agree to. Anything else written in the agreement would not constitute legal notification.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”