COSTCO Gun Policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

emcee rib
Posts in topic: 2

Re: COSTCO Gun Policy

Post by emcee rib »

:thumbs2:
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

gdanaher
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by gdanaher »

Last night I spent more time than I should, reading the customer rules and policies. Not a word there about concealed or open carry. Read the whole thing and followed it by a text search. There policy must be buried deep.

Bullwhip
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bullwhip »

gdanaher wrote:Last night I spent more time than I should, reading the customer rules and policies. Not a word there about concealed or open carry. Read the whole thing and followed it by a text search. There policy must be buried deep.
So deep they can't show it to you, just tell you they know its there.

No costco store handy to me, just as well, I won't' shop there after the las vegas thing anyway. I don't' buy that they din't have video.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

One thing to consider is the site this is posted on appears to be different from their main site. It looks to me to possibly be a contracted 'customer service' company that handles their inquiries, etc. There is the chance this was written by someone that it is their view and not that of the overall company. However, I would think that a question like this should have been taken to a legal Representative of Costco for their official answer, or at least ran by them for approval before posting the answer. No matter who it came from, they are speaking for the company, so that now IMO reflects the mindset of the business and while I don't have a Costco card, I for sure now will never get one.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RottenApple »

Keith B wrote:One thing to consider is the site this is posted on appears to be different from their main site. It looks to me to possibly be a contracted 'customer service' company that handles their inquiries, etc. There is the chance this was written by someone that it is their view and not that of the overall company. However, I would think that a question like this should have been taken to a legal Representative of Costco for their official answer, or at least ran by them for approval before posting the answer. No matter who it came from, they are speaking for the company, so that now IMO reflects the mindset of the business and while I don't have a Costco card, I for sure now will never get one.
Except that I can't find a link to that site anywhere from the member's section of Costco's website. I've hunted everywhere for it and it's just not there. As near as I can tell, there is NO firearms policy (pro or anti) in any of the Membership Terms & Conditions.

As for that website, what makes you think it's legitimate? The fact that "costco" was in the URL? I can create a website and put "keithb" in the URL but that doesn't mean it's yours. http://keithb.whatever.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also did a Whois lookup on that site:
Registrant:
eGain Communications Corp
1252 Borregas Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
US

Domain Name: EGAIN.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Shah, Rakesh rshah@egain.com
1252 Borregas Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
US
408-6364461 fax: 408-6364400
Unfortunately that doesn't prove or disprove a legitimate Costco connection. eGain Comm. Corp's main website is http://www.egain.com/. It does appear that they provide KB services, but Costco isn't listed on their customer page and, I keep going back to this, there is no link (that I can find) from Costco's website to this one.

At this point, after searching Costco's website and reading through their Terms & Conditions, I'm calling bull on the Costco "no guns" policy until and unless someone can show me otherwise.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

RottenApple wrote:At this point, after searching Costco's website and reading through their Terms & Conditions, I'm calling bull on the Costco "no guns" policy until and unless someone can show me otherwise.
I also looked and the terms and conditions posted on their website appear to apply to the website, not to the membership. Many businesses don't what you to have time to thoroughly review their contracts before signing them.
NRA Endowment Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RottenApple wrote:Except that I can't find a link to that site anywhere from the member's section of Costco's website. I've hunted everywhere for it and it's just not there. As near as I can tell, there is NO firearms policy (pro or anti) in any of the Membership Terms & Conditions.

As for that website, what makes you think it's legitimate? The fact that "costco" was in the URL? I can create a website and put "keithb" in the URL but that doesn't mean it's yours. http://keithb.whatever.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also did a Whois lookup on that site:
Registrant:
eGain Communications Corp
1252 Borregas Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
US

Domain Name: EGAIN.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Shah, Rakesh rshah@egain.com
1252 Borregas Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
US
408-6364461 fax: 408-6364400
Unfortunately that doesn't prove or disprove a legitimate Costco connection. eGain Comm. Corp's main website is http://www.egain.com/. It does appear that they provide KB services, but Costco isn't listed on their customer page and, I keep going back to this, there is no link (that I can find) from Costco's website to this one.

At this point, after searching Costco's website and reading through their Terms & Conditions, I'm calling bull on the Costco "no guns" policy until and unless someone can show me otherwise.
A link to eGain IS on their website. See this page http://shop.costco.com/customer-service/contact-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, then look at the link for Costco Member Questions: Member Questions & Comments
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

MoJoeWrkn

Post by MoJoeWrkn »

I looked and looked at the link above and cannot find anything about it. Here is there membership info, the last page talks about what membership rules(shirt, shoes required, etc) Says nothing about guns.

http://content.costco.com/Images/Conten ... rvices.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” —Col. Jeff Cooper
http://www.mojogunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

testersbc

Post by testersbc »

just in cas you didn't know. A COSTCO employee got one of veterans killed there because he was carrying a concealed firearm.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

I remember a post of yesteryear wherein the UMC was shown to be officially anti gun. Did that stop me from being a Methodist?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

testersbc wrote:just in cas you didn't know. A COSTCO employee got one of veterans killed there because he was carrying a concealed firearm.
Yep, there's currently 58 pages of discussion on the shooting of Erik Scott here http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I removed your link to the Las Vegas paper. We don't allow links to any Las Vegas media outlets on the forum.
Keith

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Oldgringo »

Keith B wrote: We don't allow links to any Las Vegas media outlets on the forum.
I have absolutely no desire to ever go back to Las Vegas; however, I must of missed something that prompted the banning of Las Vegas media outlets?

On second thought, nevermind; I don't care.

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

Keith B wrote:
testersbc wrote:just in cas you didn't know. A COSTCO employee got one of veterans killed there because he was carrying a concealed firearm.
Yep, there's currently 58 pages of discussion on the shooting of Erik Scott here http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I removed your link to the Las Vegas paper. We don't allow links to any Las Vegas media outlets on the forum.

I learned something new, did not know about the Las Vegas ban.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

jocat54 wrote:
Keith B wrote:

I learned something new, did not know about the Las Vegas ban.
Totally off topic, but why ban links to publications in the biggest city in Nevada? Nevada is fairly pro-gun, I thought. If anything, why wouldn't we ban links to media outlets based in Kalifornia, New York, Illinois, or Washington D.C.? Was there something specific about Las Vegas?

Topic author
wgoforth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by wgoforth »

Keith B wrote:

Sorry, didn't know anything about the ban. What's the story with that??
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”