Rudy's BBQ is now posted (Updated: No longer posted)

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Rudy's BBQ is now posted

Post by MadMonkey »

I was highly disappointed, but now I'm pleased. While their BBQ isn't something to plan a vacation around, I do like it (a lot). And their breakfast burritos are AWESOME!

I wonder what happened.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dragonfighter »

PappaGun wrote:
couzin wrote:We need a recipe and good places to eat section... :cheers2:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

My vote is in for Sonny Bryan's :txflag:
...Which burned. All of the others are just the sign, NOT the BBQ
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

If the change holds true once Im home, I'll make it a point to stop in for lunch.. It's worlds better then other Fast food, and decent BBQ.. So, while I would have voted with My $$ and not spent there before, fair is fair, I'll vote WITH my cash now as well.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

Dave2 wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
saltydog452 wrote:I am really, really. really going to miss their Green Chili Stew.

There is no shortage of acceptable Beef eateries, but losing access to real ( read Pork) BBQ and Green Chili Stew is a major loss to humanity.

salty
Have you ever been to Red White and Blue? Dunno if they have green chili stew, but I recall liking their BBQ. There's one at the north-east corner of 75 & some street that's two or three exits south of 635. They are a chain, but I don't know where the others are located. And they're not in the texas3006 database.
It's actually Red, Hot and Blue
D'oh! That's what I get for not paying attention. Clearly I need more coffee.

...we had one at 67 and Main...now they're Red, NOT, and Blue...took 'em over a year to get open...closed already...signs gone...just the hull of a building left...took the boys there...food was mediocre and service was horrible...and we love our waitresses...these were unloveable...and folks responded(not) appropriately...good BBQ's gettin' scarce...Longhorn in Cedar Hill closed doors...that leaves us Odums...which is NOT posted...and Spring Creek, which isn't posted and has great sit-down BBQ and sides...that's my favorite...what the heck, it's Texas...gotta have our guns...and gotta have our BBQ!!!

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

glad to see they responded so quickly.. i'll check out the Rudy's on 290 in Houston next time i'm in the area to see if they have the signs, but it sounds like they probably won't. i'm not a huge fan of their sausage or brisket, but their turkey is pretty good and i always keep a bottle of their sauce in the fridge.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

Dragonfighter wrote:
PappaGun wrote: My vote is in for Sonny Bryan's :txflag:
...Which burned. All of the others are just the sign, NOT the BBQ
:iagree: The original on Mockingbird was good before the fire, not sure about after as I haven't been there since. The other locations were not as good.

Same thing with Dickey's; there are some locations that are decent and some that are awful. I am friends with the owners of one of the stores, and their location is pretty good food. However, they tend to try and stick with the old style rubs and smoking. Unfortunately corporate is directing changes to all restaurants to try and cut costs, and if the location follows the guidelines it will ruin the food IMO. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

chasfm11 wrote:According to Wikepedia, the corporate offices are located in Lakeway, TX.
That explains everything. Lakeway is a cesspool of wealthy, flipwristed, politically correct ex-Californians.
-Ruark

Texas10X
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Texas10X »

AggieMM wrote:Good news. May I suggest that the OP (Original Poster) edit the first post with the updated information, and edit the title. This way folks don't get the incorrect information if they don't read the entire thread. :coolgleamA:

Ryan
:iagree:

A-R

Post by A-R »

Texas10X wrote:
AggieMM wrote:Good news. May I suggest that the OP (Original Poster) edit the first post with the updated information, and edit the title. This way folks don't get the incorrect information if they don't read the entire thread. :coolgleamA:

Ryan
:iagree:

+ 2

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

apostate wrote:
Keith B wrote:I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from. And, a family friend owns the biggest commercial BBQ pit building businesses in the country, Ole Hickory Pits. So, I got spoiled on really great BBQ ribs and pulled pork.
I'm going to Memphis next month for Rangemaster's conference. What bbq restaurants would you suggest for pulled pork?
Not pulled pork....but FRIED CHICKEN, in Memphis,...the BEST fried chicken I've EVER had...I dreamt about it for the first week or two after I had it...seriously! And I thought about making a "quick trip" to Memphis JUST for this chicken! Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken (http://unclelousfriedchicken.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), give it a shot and get some sweet, spicy love! I had never had hot sauce and honey on chicken before...now every time I go to Babe's (or have fried chicken) I get a bowl of honey and mix the hot sauce up and dunk the chicken in it...YUMMMM!

OK, back on pork in Memphis, at least for the ribs, I like Charles Vergos' Rendezvous (http://www.hogsfly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)...it looks like the kind of place you'd get the tar beat out of you while walking there (down an alley) but it's GREAT!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Keith B »

PUCKER wrote:
apostate wrote:
Keith B wrote:I consider myself a BBQ coni-sewer as I grew up close to Memphis and along the Mississippi River where some of the best 'que in the country comes from. And, a family friend owns the biggest commercial BBQ pit building businesses in the country, Ole Hickory Pits. So, I got spoiled on really great BBQ ribs and pulled pork.
I'm going to Memphis next month for Rangemaster's conference. What bbq restaurants would you suggest for pulled pork?
Not pulled pork....but FRIED CHICKEN, in Memphis,...the BEST fried chicken I've EVER had...I dreamt about it for the first week or two after I had it...seriously! And I thought about making a "quick trip" to Memphis JUST for this chicken! Uncle Lou's Fried Chicken (http://unclelousfriedchicken.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), give it a shot and get some sweet, spicy love! I had never had hot sauce and honey on chicken before...now every time I go to Babe's (or have fried chicken) I get a bowl of honey and mix the hot sauce up and dunk the chicken in it...YUMMMM!

OK, back on pork in Memphis, at least for the ribs, I like Charles Vergos' Rendezvous (http://www.hogsfly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)...it looks like the kind of place you'd get the tar beat out of you while walking there (down an alley) but it's GREAT!
Yep, Charles Vergo's is the place I recommended. And I will tell you that anywhere you go in the south (Tennesee, Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia) will more than likely know how to fry chicken. It's part of the culture of those areas!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

alphonso

Post by alphonso »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
alphonso wrote:The link below is to Rudy's. Drop 'em a line and let them know how you feel...

http://rudysbbq.com/page/feedback" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why beat a dead horse? We won... poking sticks at a Tiger may get you eaten.
rvsullivan wrote:Just received a very nice email from Rudy's saying they made a mistake and have taken down any 30.06 signs that may have been posted. Thought that was very quick and appreciated.
I wrote them a nice note saying that I appreciate that they took the sign down and that they did it so promptly. I poke no tigers...

rqFLSTFB

Post by rqFLSTFB »

They just lost my business.
no guns no money.

Texas10X
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Texas10X »

rqFLSTFB wrote:They just lost my business.
no guns no money.
If you'll read back in this thread a few posts, you'll see that Rudy's pulled the signs. It's no longer posted.

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 3

Post by PUCKER »

Keith B wrote:
PUCKER wrote:
apostate wrote:

Yep, Charles Vergo's is the place I recommended. And I will tell you that anywhere you go in the south (Tennesee, Mississippi, Alabama or Georgia) will more than likely know how to fry chicken. It's part of the culture of those areas!! :thumbs2:
Keith...to call Uncle Lou's "fried chicken" is really blasphemy on my part! :biggrinjester: Seriously, this stuff is crazy good...it's all the goodies/sauces *that* it's fried in! Check out the website (I got turned onto this place by Diners Drive-ins & Dives, I try to hit those places while traveling)...alright...how many miles to Memphis...and at an average speed of....? LOL

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”