ALERT .30-06 victim disarmed zone: Houston Hilton

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Doug.38PR
Posts in topic: 1

ALERT .30-06 victim disarmed zone: Houston Hilton

Post by Doug.38PR »

I went to the Ludwig Von Misus conference at the Houston Hilton Hotel on Post Oak Blvd. in Houston today. They have a .30-06 posting on all their entrances. Stay away from this hotel. It is an anti-gun business. Due to this, I might very well not be going back next year

CC Italian
Posts in topic: 3

Re: ALERT .30-06 victim disarmed zone: Houston Hilton

Post by CC Italian »

I went to this hotel 6-7 years ago and stayed in a jr suite for a night out on the town with my better half. Decent hotel! Then it was not posted. We thought we would do it again this year but I saw at 30.06.com that it was posted and because of that they will never get my business again. Oh well I can spend my money where my right to carry is not infringed. Their loss!

Edit: As far as I know all Hiltons in downtown Houston are posted within the last 2 years and I wouldn't be surprised if it was throughout the company.
Last edited by CC Italian on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinesintx
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Shinesintx »

I am a Hilton Diamond Member that puts in 50-75 nights a year in Hilton properties. I would not necessarily say that because one Hilton in Houston is posted...that all Hiltons are bad. One things for sure though, if I start seeing them in North Texas, West Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas...Marriott will start getting my business.

Note: Spent $600 bucks with Hilton last week. Getting reimbursed, but I still have a choice as to where I stay. If I see that Hilton is posting 30.06, I will definitely write them a letter and immediately switch where I sleep at night. All I have to do if fax Marriott a list of where I stayed last year...and I will immediately receive ALL their top tier benefits.

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

CC Italian wrote:I went to this hotel 6-7 years ago and stayed in a jr suite for a night out on the town with my better half. Decent hotel! Then it was not posted. We thought we would do it again this year but I saw at 30.06.com that it was posted and because of that they will never get my business again. Oh well I can spend my money where my right to carry is not infringed. Their loss!

Edit: As far as I know all Hiltons in downtown Houston are posted within the last 2 years and I wouldn't be surprised if it was throughout the company.
Prepare to be shocked...they are not posting everywhere. At least not North/West Texas, Ok, and Kansas.

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

Shine says they are not all posted so at least that is good. You usually get this in big metropolitan areas in upper scale hotels. I guess that one would fall into a nicer then average hotel. None of the hotels on the road when taking a road trip have been posted. They know they would lose business bad!

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

Probably some regional manager, hr or hotel managers discretion whether or not it is posted then.

cbunt1

Post by cbunt1 »

I always wonder about the application/implication of 30.06 in a hotel...obviously, the "common areas" would clearly come within the definition of the code...if you come in to attend a banquet, or use a meeting room, it would be just like any other 30.06 posting.

However, what about your room. The room you RENT, that is clearly under your care, custody and control, for the period of time you have rented...it seems like it would be hard to infringe upon your right to self-defense and possession within those constraints.

Of course, there's the question of exactly how to get the gun from the parking lot to your room...and then the fact that 30.06 ONLY applies to CHL holders. In the context of a non-CHL holder, you're just moving the gun from one location where you have the absolute right to possession (your car, in this example) to your rented room... :headscratch

Sounds like a subject to explore a little deeper...
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

cbunt1 wrote:I always wonder about the application/implication of 30.06 in a hotel...obviously, the "common areas" would clearly come within the definition of the code...if you come in to attend a banquet, or use a meeting room, it would be just like any other 30.06 posting.

However, what about your room. The room you RENT, that is clearly under your care, custody and control, for the period of time you have rented...it seems like it would be hard to infringe upon your right to self-defense and possession within those constraints.

Of course, there's the question of exactly how to get the gun from the parking lot to your room...and then the fact that 30.06 ONLY applies to CHL holders. In the context of a non-CHL holder, you're just moving the gun from one location where you have the absolute right to possession (your car, in this example) to your rented room... :headscratch

I know that some are unhappy about it, but this is where my Utah CWP comes in handy. Texas LEO has no way of knowing that I have a permit...and it gets left in my car. Problem solved, I then become just like the rest of the sheeple.

Is this ideal? No, but it works...I can then transport my weapon into the hotel room. Honestly, anonymity is the WHOLE reason why I got the Utah permit. Gonna have to change my plans in 4 years when it expires.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Shinesintx wrote:
cbunt1 wrote:I always wonder about the application/implication of 30.06 in a hotel...obviously, the "common areas" would clearly come within the definition of the code...if you come in to attend a banquet, or use a meeting room, it would be just like any other 30.06 posting.

I know that some are unhappy about it, but this is where my Utah CWP comes in handy. Texas LEO has no way of knowing that I have a permit...and it gets left in my car. Problem solved, I then become just like the rest of the sheeple.

Is this ideal? No, but it works...I can then transport my weapon into the hotel room. Honestly, anonymity is the WHOLE reason why I got the Utah permit. Gonna have to change my plans in 4 years when it expires.
I believe we could also transport or guns into the room in our luggage as anyone could just as if they were in town for a gun related event or had been carrying under the MPA in their vehicle.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

boba

Post by boba »

Shinesintx wrote:Is this ideal? No, but it works...I can then transport my weapon into the hotel room. Honestly, anonymity is the WHOLE reason why I got the Utah permit. Gonna have to change my plans in 4 years when it expires.
Things can change between now and the 2016 presidential race but if it was expiring this year I would suggest VA or AZ.

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

boba wrote:
Shinesintx wrote:Is this ideal? No, but it works...I can then transport my weapon into the hotel room. Honestly, anonymity is the WHOLE reason why I got the Utah permit. Gonna have to change my plans in 4 years when it expires.
Things can change between now and the 2016 presidential race but if it was expiring this year I would suggest VA or AZ.
Interesting...

I had a bad experience in 03. A buddy and I were pulled over by a local LEO in Terrell. Because he had his TX CHL...we were treated like second class citizens. That does not seem to be the case today, but I just dont want everyone knowing my business.

sookandy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sookandy »

I'm a Diamond member also. I haven't seen any signs posted at mine. But if I start seeing them I will be letting them know I can stay anywhere I want and they can find another sucker to fill the rooms for those 70 nights they loose.

alvins

Post by alvins »

i wouldnt stay in an hotel,motel,bed breakfast or anything without my gun period.

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

alvins wrote:i wouldnt stay in an hotel,motel,bed breakfast or anything without my gun period.
This! I feel nekkid without it.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

I have noticed that many of the large Hilton hotels in Texas are posted. Those that have conference rooms or meeting facilities. I travel frequently for work, and changed my lodging preference from Hilton to Holiday Inn because of it.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”