Went OWB Conceal Carry Today

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

maestrobranson
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Went OWB Conceal Carry Today

Post by maestrobranson »

I generally wear owb in a homemade leather paddle holster for my 3914. I tend to wear Columbia "hiking" type pants or cargo pants with an outdoorsy hiking/fishing shirt untucked. I also will wear a homemade all leather supertuck copy if I wear t shirts only or dress up. I actually found a pair of shorts that allow me to pocket carry using an uncle mikes nylon pancake holster (which I semi based my leather pancake on). I will carry owb any way I can.
Class-2/12/11
Online Application-2/14/11
Papers sent-2/16/11
Updated online-3/25/11
Plastic in hand-4/12/2011

chuckybrown
Banned

Post by chuckybrown »

I prefer OWB as well. It's simply much more comfortable, and I carry OWB more often than IWB. Once you convince yourself that you cannot see things, it's really all good.
Chuckybrown

Mderington

Post by Mderington »

I carry OWB all the time. It's just a matter of finding the right holster and wearing a long loose fitting shirt.

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott in Houston »

My main hindrance with OWB isn't concealment. It's that I lose the use of my right front pocket. It's blocked by my OWB holster.

When I carry IWB, I have all pockets available. When carrying OWB, I'm down one pocket. That drives me nuts.

CombatWombat

Post by CombatWombat »

I feel inspired, that's it! I'm goin shopping for a new holster
If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

Chuck Norris once sneezed on an 18 wheeler, the result was Optimus Prime.

Kimber Tactical Ultra II
Crimson Trace Laser grips
CrossBreed Super Tuck

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Mderington wrote:I carry OWB all the time. It's just a matter of finding the right holster and wearing a long loose fitting shirt.
I bought an OWB holster (Galco) with the idea of having something available for OC or with a jacket. Even with my small Sig, the OWB prints a lot even on my loosest fiitting shirts. I know that others aren't concerned with printing but I'd prefer not.

I'd admit that my problem might not be the OWB but the surrounding "mass" :roll:
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

chasfm11 wrote:
Mderington wrote:I carry OWB all the time. It's just a matter of finding the right holster and wearing a long loose fitting shirt.
I bought an OWB holster (Galco) with the idea of having something available for OC or with a jacket. Even with my small Sig, the OWB prints a lot even on my loosest fiitting shirts. I know that others aren't concerned with printing but I'd prefer not.

I'd admit that my problem might not be the OWB but the surrounding "mass" :roll:
Weren't you at the last get together? I was carrying my Kimber in a Tucker paddle holster all day.

Didja notice me printing? :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote:

Which Galco did you buy? As you know, I have more "surrounding mass" than you do, and my [url=http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?P ... &GunID=157]Calco Concealable Belt Holster[/ur] conceals a 5" 1911 very well. OTH, I have the same holster for a 3" 1911, and it doesn't work quite as well as for the 5" gun. I have a theory about why that is, and it has to do with the longer body of the larger pistol being pushed outward by my hip forcing the the grip frame closer in to my body. But even with the smaller pistol it still works very well.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:

Weren't you at the last get together? I was carrying my Kimber in a Tucker paddle holster all day.

Didja notice me printing?
:tiphat:
I couldn't tell. You kept taking the gun out and showing it to me. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I couldn't tell. You kept taking the gun out and showing it to me. "rlol"
Now THAT's funny! :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”