Got busted tonight.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Got busted tonight.

Post by carlson1 »

steve817 wrote: For the record the killing at North Pointe wasn't a shooting.
What was it?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

carlson1 wrote:
What was it?
I believe it was a bludgeoning/beating..... Horrible.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

joelamosobadiah

Post by joelamosobadiah »

I know that a few people in our church know I carry. This includes my dad (school principle/administrator and elder in the church), the pastor's family (never discussed with my pastor, but I'm sure he knows too), and a few of my close friends. With the exception of my family, whenever we discuss handguns or 2A issues, most of those that do know admit to forgetting that I even carry.

I also have written permission to carry on the premises of the private school as well as on any school functions.

I've had it bumped/touched on a hug a few times, but never so much as a strange look or question.

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

ScottDLS wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
What was it?
I believe it was a bludgeoning/beating..... Horrible.
A beating that ended in a bag taped over his head. Suffocated to death.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

longtooth wrote:Well, at church tonight got busted. One patted me on the lower back, mag side. Oooohh, thought that was a .45.
No sir.
Yea you dont need one here.
Sure hope not.
Another member that knows from Practical Personal Defense: He's got one, you just dont know where it is.

This one may not be the laughing matter others have been. Hope I dont have to find another Church.
Is it a Methodist church? I worked at one for several years and although none of the buildings were posted, the bylaws (if that's what they are called) from "upper management" require that no weapons be allowed in the buildings. After Virginia Tech, the social action agency of The United Methodist Church "renewed the church's call for governments around the world to ban ownership by the general public of handguns....."

http://www.umc.org/site/apps/nlnet/cont ... 73&notoc=1

So, if any of you guys are members of the United Methodist Church, they really don't like the way you and I think when it comes to issues such as personal defense or firearms ownership. They also have a very wishy-washy view of the military and national defense but I really don't wanna go there.

Not here to make anyone mad. That’s just they way the Methodists roll.

:woohoo
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

KD5NRH wrote:Yep; if you end up needing the spare mag in a crowded sanctuary, something has gone really wrong. :shock:
Man, I always carry two spare mags. They balance out the weight so I'm not constantly having to shift my britches. Even with a good belt, a couple pounds hanging on one side only is gonna drag down a bit.

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 6

Post by longtooth »

Baptist. So an autonimous body.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

This guy keeps track:
http://www.carlchinn.com/Church_Security_Concepts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I, too, am confused by the OP. Was it someone in authority? Or just another member?

I carry, IWB, and I "intercept" hugs keeping my weapon side arm low, so they have to hug high and avoid it.
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

phrogg

Post by phrogg »

TDDude wrote:Is it a Methodist church? I worked at one for several years and although none of the buildings were posted, the bylaws (if that's what they are called) from "upper management" require that no weapons be allowed in the buildings. After Virginia Tech, the social action agency of The United Methodist Church "renewed the church's call for governments around the world to ban ownership by the general public of handguns....."
The thing about United Methodist Churches, they are anything but United ;-). I have been a lifelong member of a Methodist Church and I carry there every day. And by that I mean, every day. Rarely does a day go by that I'm not up there. And I am usually there till 10pm and tend to often be locking up the place. So I carry. And I am one of 12 that I know of personally that carry there. There are 4 of us in the Worship Team that are carrying every sunday while we play! And then there are several staff members who carry as well as others. We hold events where we do auctions to raise money for things and the CHL classes are one of the items that are bid up high and often.

I'm in the instructors class at the end of June. I plan to actually do my classes at the church.

The senior pastor knows I carry though he has determined himself that he won't.

2 of the staff members have their range silhouette's from their CHL hanging on their walls in the office!

So though the overall organization may have a certain stance...that doesn't mean that an individual church won't have a different opinion or do things a little differently. :cool:
----
Welcome to Texas. If you ain't packin, you are slackin!

maestrobranson

Post by maestrobranson »

We have several members that carry, a sergeant in the PD and a fire marshall included. In fact, my chl instructor was the sergeant and we took the in class portion at our church. I carry everytime I'm there, our church is downtown and near some questionable places. A man was in our offices during the week talking to the office ladies a few weeks ago and later stabbed a man. We carry if we can.
A previous poster (rpb?) mentioned a church near littlefield...where about littlefield. I have lots of family from Sudan.
Class-2/12/11
Online Application-2/14/11
Papers sent-2/16/11
Updated online-3/25/11
Plastic in hand-4/12/2011

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”