Open Carry & 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Smokewagon
Posts in topic: 1

Open Carry & 30.06

Post by Smokewagon »

As HB 2756 is currently written, does anyone think it can cause us to lose current businesses, we currently carry in now? We all know, there are those folks out there, that are terrified by the site of a firearm. I can think of a few locally, that are practically unaware of concealed carriers in their places of business. And I'm sure these businesses will post amended signage as soon as the first open carrier walks throught the door. 30.06 will be amended to bar both open and concealed carriers.
Open and concealed should be separated as far as such signage goes, as some places still won't mind concealment, but will want to bar open carry. Could be something we'll just have to work through once Open Carry becomes law.
Texas friendly, spoken here.

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open Carry & 30.06

Post by Ameer »

Smokewagon wrote:As HB 2756 is currently written, does anyone think it can cause us to lose current businesses, we currently carry in now? We all know, there are those folks out there, that are terrified by the site of a firearm. I can think of a few locally, that are practically unaware of concealed carriers in their places of business.
Maybe and so can the parking lot bill. If SB 321 passes it can cause more businesses to think about guns and post 30.06 signs to prohibit them in the buildings because they can't prohibit them in parking lots.

Campus carry can also cause more businesses to post, even if it doesn't pass, because all the press coverage is reminding people about CHL, especially people who are terrified at having guns on their site. All the hysterical editorials by the woodheads makes sure nobody who reads the news can be unaware of concealed carriers in their places of business. Campus carry is getting more press than the parking lot and open carry bills combined so it may be the biggest threat for new 30.06 signs from people terrified of guns.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”