no guns in parking lot posting

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jgue
Posts in topic: 4

no guns in parking lot posting

Post by jgue »

We had my sons birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese this weekend.Their was a small sign at the hostess desk.I dont remember the exact wording but the general idea was no firearms allowed inside or in parking lot,however their was a uniformed L.E.O. inside and fully armed :???: the location is on I-20 and Hwy 67 in duncanville. I didnt say anything to anyone their.I assume this is corporate policy so maybe Ill drop an E-mail to someone and see what happens.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: no guns in parking lot posting

Post by KBCraig »

jgue wrote:I assume this is corporate policy so maybe Ill drop an E-mail to someone and see what happens.
Why? It has no affect on anyone with a CHL.

Rallyman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Rallyman »

If it aint 30.06 or 51% it don't mean squat! A large number of the signs that you saw seem to be there to placate the anti-gun sheep. It looks very good but carries no weight at all.

Topic author
jgue

Post by jgue »

Rallyman wrote: A large number of the signs that you saw seem to be there to placate the anti-gun sheep. .
I had not thought of this. Hope this is the case and not them trying to keep all of us out.I realize that this is not a legal sign to keep us out.I am just curious of their intentions .

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

A very popular sign in my area is "the UNLAWFUL possession of a firearm is prohibited."
I kind of like that sign. It says to me, "if you're legal, come on in."
Not that a thug will honor the wishes of the owner, but the sign gets the point across.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Roger Howard

Post by Roger Howard »

jgue wrote:
Rallyman wrote: A large number of the signs that you saw seem to be there to placate the anti-gun sheep. .
I had not thought of this. Hope this is the case and not them trying to keep all of us out.I realize that this is not a legal sign to keep us out.I am just curious of their intentions .
I feel that if they don't post a legal sign I'm not going to tell them.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

HankB

Post by HankB »

I observe compliant PC30.06 and 51% signs.

I ignore non-compliant signs.

It is not my job to contact the poster of a non-compliant sign and bring his sign's non-compliant status to his attention. He may decide to correct it.
Original CHL: 2000: 56 day turnaround
1st renewal, 2004: 34 days
2nd renewal, 2008: 81 days
3rd renewal, 2013: 12 days

Rallyman

Post by Rallyman »

jgue wrote:
I can't say that is the case for sure, but I feel that it is in most of the cases. It seems to me that if someone really wanted to keep CHL holders out they would find the correct "sign".

Just my 2 cents.

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

KBCraig wrote:
jgue wrote:I assume this is corporate policy so maybe Ill drop an E-mail to someone and see what happens.
Why? It has no affect on anyone with a CHL.
Thank the LORD for Texas!

In Texas we are lucky enough to have to only obey two signs, the 51% and the 30.06 and we may totally disreguard all of the others.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

Don't mention that their sign is not legal; just ask why they aspire to keep law-abiding citizens, who's only desire is to protect, away.

Russ
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

AG-EE

Post by AG-EE »

I agree with Hank B. Asking them about it will only bring attention to it, and may result in them posting the correct signage. Leave it alone and be happy it is not 30.06. If it is the wrong sing, it is the WRONG SIGN. Don't screw it up for everyone in the future.

Topic author
jgue

Post by jgue »

Im on the same page with you guys about not telling them its not a legal sign, just want to know if they are against 2a rights or they just put up a sign cause someone said it might be a good idea.I Would like to see a sign that said" C.H.L. welcome here" :shock: .It would make me feel better about spending my money there. :smile:

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I guess I'm just scratching my head wondering why there is a "fully-armed" police officer inside a Chucky Cheese in the first place...

Are there incidences of violence in places like this???

Unruly children, I figure, could be dealt with with less than lethal force in most instances...Right???

Or are the adults drinking too much in there???

Just curious...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Braden

Post by Braden »

Venus Pax wrote:A very popular sign in my area is "the UNLAWFUL possession of a firearm is prohibited."
I kind of like that sign. It says to me, "if you're legal, come on in."
Not that a thug will honor the wishes of the owner, but the sign gets the point across.
That's a TABC required sign. If they sell alcohol then they have to post it. Reason being, carrying a gun into an establishment that sales alcohol carries with it a greater penalty than carrying into one that does not...unless of course you have a CHL. That's WHY it says "unlawful".

Or something like that.

;-)
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I guess I'm just scratching my head wondering why there is a "fully-armed" police officer inside a Chucky Cheese in the first place...

Are there incidences of violence in places like this???

Unruly children, I figure, could be dealt with with less than lethal force in most instances...Right???

Or are the adults drinking too much in there???

Just curious...
Usually it's because of the locality and past history with gang bangers or
wannabes coming in to pick on kids or start problems.

With so many gang bangers carrying weapons these days, it makes sense to have an armed officer present as a deterrent.

Just another sign of how far our society as a whole has detoriated....

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”