Went OWB Conceal Carry Today

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 3

Went OWB Conceal Carry Today

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

After waking up to incliment weather and the Girlfriend wanting to have breakfast out, I decided to try OWB carry with my G22. I found the Full size glock to be a little bulky even under my Gore-Tex Jacket. Then it dawned upon me that the G27 fits in the DeSantis Mini Slide Belt Holster as well. It's a match made in heaven and even conceals nicely even under just a loose fitting T-shirt with just a slight bulge showing. :coolgleamA: I have to say that today was the most comfortable carry day that I've had in a while. Might just have to start OWB carrying more often.
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Went OWB Conceal Carry Today

Post by gigag04 »

Isn't it great. I carried my G21SF w/ light OWB today. I just kept my jacket on for dinner and we were fine.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It sure is. I OWB my G27 all the time and it's great. Every once in a while I will IWB with it, but still prefer OWB.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

Congratulations. I prefer to carry OWB.
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

cougartex wrote: I prefer to carry OWB.
Me too. :mrgreen:

Maybe if I can ever drop about 20 pounds I might try IWB again...nah, OWB is just too comfortable.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

WestTexan

Post by WestTexan »

Congrats on pulling it off. I would like to OWB but the thought of my cover shirt riding up or jacket blowing open keeps me from attempting it. I know some here in these parts that do, but with West Texas wind, not sure if I could keep covered. Maybe I oughta try it at home while working the yard and see how it goes.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

WestTexan wrote:Congrats on pulling it off. I would like to OWB but the thought of my cover shirt riding up or jacket blowing open keeps me from attempting it. I know some here in these parts that do, but with West Texas wind, not sure if I could keep covered. Maybe I oughta try it at home while working the yard and see how it goes.
You will love it. That is the only way that I carry.

RAM4171
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

OWB is great :hurry:
I started of carrying IWB @ 1:00(appendix), Then the downfall of project managment over field work took over my waistline.
I had pancake holter that fit a couple of different guns and tried it @ 3:00. It was amazing how much more comfortable that it is.
So I ordered this for my Colt Officers' http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product ... guard.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The things that I really like about this holster is that it's high ride so with the 3 1/2" barrel it's not likely to show, flat black so if it does show a little it just looks like a shadow, It's not molded so if it does show it doesn't scream gun, the slots are angled in at the top so with a good belt it really pulls the gun in tight.
I thought about ordering much more expensive molded version but I'm very happy with what I've got after it forms to the gun on it's own on handed reholstering is a breeze.
Welcome to the OWB club.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

Topic author
LongHairedRedneck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LongHairedRedneck »

Going OWB again today as I'm typing this at work :thewave
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words.

cubbyjg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cubbyjg »

Im trying to go back to OWB as well. At first i was paranoid with printing since i had just started to CC but now i realize that it is hardly noticeable. Its so much more comfortable for me to carry OWB than IWB.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

Texas Size 11

Post by Texas Size 11 »

I always carry OWB. I carry a G22 like the OP and have never had problems keeping it concealed.
Never pet a burning dog...

Bvhawk

Post by Bvhawk »

I bought a fobus owb retention holster for my Taurus Millenium 9mm yesterday. I have to say that I agree with everyone else that has posted to this, it is the best way to carry so far as I am concerned. Iwill keep my tuckable handy for when I have to get "dressed".
Sponsoring 1000's with my tax donations!!

When injustice becomes LAW, Resistance becomes DUTY!!

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hirundo82 »

So long as my shirt is long enough, with the right holster (for me, Desantis Speed Scabbard for my G19) I find OWB just as easy to conceal as IWB. I can't remember the last time I carried IWB.

Mastodon

Post by Mastodon »

Alright, y'all are inspiring me to OWB carry. :cool:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

garcia946

Post by garcia946 »

I prefer OWB also carry around the 2-2:30 seems to work out good for me :coolgleamA:
NRA Instructor/RSO
Glock 27 .40 , Sig P229 .40
Right To Carry CHL

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”