Approved?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
liloknows
Posts in topic: 1

Approved?

Post by liloknows »

Just check my account at texasonline.com and the message says "No application or license/certificate active." I am guess that means the license is in the mail......50 days and counting.
Of men who have a sense of honor, more come through alive than are slain, but from those who flee comes neither glory nor any help.

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

Sorry man, poor punctuation strikes again.

"No application or license/certificate active."
Things not active:
1. Application
2. License or Certificate

This means they don't exist. Go back and triple check your method of checking. This is the page you should be using -> CHL Applicant
And choose from the TOP portion "Track the Status of your Application".
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

It will say license issued when you are approved. Sounds like something's wrong. :sad:

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

eh, just takes a while, 'specially this time o' year
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

lefty lar

Post by lefty lar »

The same thing happened to me about a little over a year ago. I got all worried. Called and called and finally got a live person. He was really nice and checked for me. He said it was mailed out the day or two before. He said they just didn't have the time to go in and post approved. I guess when they mail it and erase your information that standard answer then just comes up. I was like you, just checked too often and that new posting was that day. I guess most people just get theirs in the mail and never even see that posting. Just my experience. Everybody who doesn't agree please don't slam me. I'm just saying that's what happened to me and that's the truth. Hope you get yours in the mail tomorrow or day after like I did. Lefty Lar

Mancunian

Re: Approved?

Post by Mancunian »

liloknows wrote:Just check my account at texasonline.com and the message says "No application or license/certificate active." I am guess that means the license is in the mail......50 days and counting.
See here....

Recently I saw where someone had mentioned they had "No application or license/certificate active." This happened to me also. So I've copied the page for you future clients to see the difference where people are making errors by clicking on the wrong link.

As you can see below, there are two places to check the status of your application. The one to click on is at the top under "Concealed Handgun License" and not the one below which is "Concealed Handgun Instructor Certificate". The one below is obviously (or not) for instructors.

I hope this helps with the confusion.

CHL Timeline....

CHL Class Sept 9th
Mailed Pkg Sept 30th
Received PIN Nov 7th
Received CHL Nov 30th

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”